No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff like this doesn't help: https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...67305730736130

I don't know how to post the video directly, but this guy not only says following guidelines is for pansies and he will never close his church and it is totally safe for hundreds to be packed in together, he insists everyone greet each other with hugs and hand shakes.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-31-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Stuff like this doesn't help: https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...67305730736130

I don't know how to post the video directly, but this guy not only says following guidelines is for pansies and he will never close his church and it is totally safe for hundreds to be packed in together, he insists everyone greet each other with hugs and hand shakes.
      Don't worry, he was arrested https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/fl...rch/index.html

"Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne said he wouldn't close the doors of his Tampa, Florida, megachurch until the End Times begin. The police weren't willing to wait that long."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Don't worry, he was arrested https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/fl...rch/index.html

"Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne said he wouldn't close the doors of his Tampa, Florida, megachurch until the End Times begin. The police weren't willing to wait that long."
        Now that is good writing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          here's the source ... Wikipedia's Seoul page, the elevation is right next to the population line ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1236[/ATTACH]
          Lol, that's right folks our President scans wiki pages for information about countries. Good find.

Comment

• US just passed China in (reported) deaths from CV

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              One thing I have noticed, rhd, is that the reports of new cases tend to slow/stagnate over the weekend and pick back up early in the week. I've seen the slowing for three weekends in a row now, and the last two times Monday and Tuesday new cases more than made up for it. We'll see if that happens again. I hope not, but I'm not holding my breath for it.
              thought I read in previous reporting that CDC doesn't work on the weekends, so Sunday and Monday data is always lagging

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                ...I'm reading projections that Italy, the country everyone looked to for how not to handle this thing may have already hit their peak and could be free of new cases by mid-May...
                Close to 90% of Italy's confirmed cases are ages 40+: it's almost entirely people who went to the hospital. The real rate can only be inferred.

And the worst occurred in the North. It was predicted that the real wave is coming in the South.
                Here is a recent related article relaying that those fears are coming to fruition: southern italians brace themselves for coronavirus outbreak

"When the coronavirus first appeared in a number of towns in Lombardy, and a lockdown imposed and extended on March 9, the governors of southern regions pleaded with southerners who had gone up north for work not to return home, bringing the virus with them.'
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  thought I read in previous reporting that CDC doesn't work on the weekends, so Sunday and Monday data is always lagging
                  That would make sense.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Chris Cuomo, CNN anchor and brother of the New York governor has the coronavirus.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      "I guess I'd say unrealistic models driven significantly by the fact he wants to save Trump's presidency and his own job."

Fauci is 79 years old/young (he'll turn 80 on Christmas Eve).

he has served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) since 1984, under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, and Trump. he graduated 1st in his class at Cornell Medical School in 1966 and has an impeccable reputation.

two weeks ago, the New York Times called him "the nation's leading expert on infectious diseases."

and you think he needs to "save his own job" by kowtowing to Trump?

ack, delusions like this are why I will hate being Cassandra come November.
                      I had no idea he was that old, definitely all there mentally unlike other near 80 year olds.

Better keep this guy in a bunker somewhere so he doesnt get sick.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        https://variety.com/2020/music/news/...ms-1203548357/

Singer-songwriter John Prine, who received a Grammy lifetime achievement award this year, is in critical condition with symptoms of coronavirus, his family relayed via his Twitter account Sunday.

“After a sudden onset of Covid-19 symptoms, John was hospitalized on Thursday (3/26),” the statement from the Prine family said. “He was intubated Saturday evening, and continues to receive care, but his situation is critical.”
                        He is from Maywood Illinois.

I have seen him several times in concert. The only reason I did not pick any of his songs in the classic rock draft is I consider him folk with no crossover like Dylan.

He has had lung cancer in the past as well as some throat/neck issues.

Get better John get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          She was tested but the test results will not be back for a week.

They did say they think she has bronchitis rather than cor. 19. She will be going home for quarantine. I am grateful for this potential piece of good news.

Thank you Jesus.
                          Tests came back today (much quicker that first thought). They came back negative. She does NOT have the virus. I am very happy for this news.

Comment

Tests came back today (much quicker that first thought). They came back negative. She does NOT have the virus. I am very happy for this news.
                            Great news, Gregg!

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                              I had no idea he was that old, definitely all there mentally unlike other near 80 year olds.

Better keep this guy in a bunker somewhere so he doesnt get sick.
                              He is working 20 hour days. Yes, he is a very different 79 year old than some.

Comment

So are we!
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X