Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Instead of posting a link, just post the tweet itself... go to go advanced in the 3 boxes, and click on the little bird. Easy.

So, now that the tweet has been removed, pray tell, what did it say?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• My college buddy who's in our group text chat likely has it. He's been self-isolating from his family and had been in contact with his family doctor last week, who sounded convinced that he didn't have it. Yet he has all the symptoms of it. He reached out to his local hospital today and they said don't bother getting tested, you almost certainly have it and since you're 7 days in, your system is compromised so you can catch other maladies if you travel here.

Yikes.

Comment

• MLB team jersey materials to be used to make masks and gowns for healthcare workers:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-fanatic...onavirus-fight

Fanatics has halted jersey assembly, instead using its 360,000-square-foot manufacturing plant in Easton, Pa., to create up to 1 million masks and gowns, with plans to produce these items as long as the need exists. The distribution of the equipment has begun throughout the state of Pennsylvania and will extend across New Jersey and New York, which has become the epicenter of the pandemic in the United States.

The initial masks and gowns have been made from the jerseys of the Phillies and Yankees -- complete with each club’s recognizable pinstripes. As production and distribution expands, other team jersey materials will be utilized.
        “The COVID-19 crisis has compelled our country to be more collaborative, innovative and strategic than ever before,” Fanatics executive chairman Michael Rubin said. “As the demand for masks and gowns has surged, we’re fortunate to have teamed up with Major League Baseball to find a unique way to support our frontline workers in this fight to stem the virus, who are in dire need of essential resources.”
        MLB and Fanatics are absorbing all costs associated with the endeavor.

Last edited by madducks; 03-27-2020, 11:34 AM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          removed

what was it about?
          I described it right below the linked post. He thought Henry Ford hospital had already reached ventilator capacity and was notifying patients that they'd only be given pain meds. It was obviously irresponsible to post it without confirmation, but the situation will arise anyways in the next few days at latest.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

MLB team jersey materials to be used to make masks and gowns for healthcare workers:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-fanatic...onavirus-fight

Isn't that fabric breathable? Not really gonna help stop an airborne virus.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              My college buddy who's in our group text chat likely has it. He's been self-isolating from his family and had been in contact with his family doctor last week, who sounded convinced that he didn't have it. Yet he has all the symptoms of it. He reached out to his local hospital today and they said don't bother getting tested, you almost certainly have it and since you're 7 days in, your system is compromised so you can catch other maladies if you travel here.

Yikes.
              No mobile testing sites in your area?
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                No mobile testing sites in your area?
                I think there's a couple of testing sites by where he is, but as he's self-quarantined and already a week in, I believe he thinks it doesn't matter much now.

Comment

• Finally a good use for a Yankees uniform.
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• There’s a new leader in the clubhouse for assclown of the year:
                    Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie said Friday that he will force a roll call vote on a $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill — delaying passage by hours if not days.

Just a complete and total self-aggrandizing fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                      There’s a new leader in the clubhouse for assclown of the year:
                      Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie said Friday that he will force a roll call vote on a $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill — delaying passage by hours if not days.

Just a complete and total self-aggrandizing fool.
                      Yeah, I tuned into C-Span to watch him get voted down using the same House rules. He called for a recorded vote and got no support and then called on a delay because there was no quorum and there was. Just being a dick to be a dick. He knew it would pass and made people drive or fly back to make sure there was a quorum. There is a time and place to manipulate these rules and be a pain in the ass, but this really wasn't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        Yeah, I tuned into C-Span to watch him get voted down using the same House rules. He called for a recorded vote and got no support and then called on a delay because there was no quorum and there was. Just being a dick to be a dick. He knew it would pass and made people drive or fly back to make sure there was a quorum. There is a time and place to manipulate these rules and be a pain in the ass, but this really wasn't one of them.
                        Yep, make a symbolic ‘no’ vote, write an op-Ed for the Washington Post, but don’t hold up a vote

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                          Finally a good use for a Yankees uniform.
                          They're making toilet paper with it as well?
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So you think China has things under control?:

The CCP wants to lift the lockdown on Hubei, but the next province doesn't want people from Hubei coming in so their police got into a big fight w the Hubei police when they tried to lift the blocks. The Hubei police ended up arresting the other province's police (?!) and the blocks evidently got lifted. If there were no more CV cases in Hubei, why would this happen?

Comment

• US now has 100,000 cases. Not slowing down yet so wont be long before we hit 1,000,000 (about 10 days, or April 6).

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                                US now has 100,000 cases. Not slowing down yet so wont be long before we hit 1,000,000 (about 10 days, or April 6).
                                Agree, 26% increase daily

If deaths follow the same pattern we'll be having more deaths than 9-11 every day starting in 10 days.

And the reality is that deaths are likely to increase their rate rather than decrease, since the lack of hospital beds and equipment will make it much worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X