No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US cases have crossed 40,000, half of those in New York. The NY/NJ outbreak continues to be the most concerning one by far. New Orleans continues to be out of control. Those two outbreaks are far and away the most concerning in the US. Washington seems to have significantly slowed the growth rate there. Detroit is bidding to become the next city that is a major issue, but still well below New Orleans at this point.

Deaths in the US have reached 500.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Trump is tweeting that he's going to consider lifting any social distancing/lockdowns in 2 weeks to restart the economy.

This comes on the heels of articles WSJ and the NY Times stating opining the devastation from an economic collapse will be worse than the death toll from the Virus if it's left to run it's course with out shutting down commerce.

So there you have it, there are people in this country who think lives are expendable to save a financial system that may not even benefit those who are being sacrificed.

But hey why not kill off those who your system has never helped in order to save it--it's not like you actually gave a shit about them in the past.

One question, do0es federal mandate (whatever bullshit Trump spews in a couple of weeks) supersede a states authority to keep it's own policies in place?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Trump is tweeting that he's going to consider lifting any social distancing/lockdowns in 2 weeks to restart the economy.

This comes on the heels of articles WSJ and the NY Times stating opining the devastation from an economic collapse will be worse than the death toll from the Virus if it's left to run it's course with out shutting down commerce.

So there you have it, there are people in this country who think lives are expendable to save a financial system that may not even benefit those who are being sacrificed.

But hey why not kill off those who your system has never helped in order to save it--it's not like you actually gave a shit about them in the past.

One question, do0es federal mandate (whatever bullshit Trump spews in a couple of weeks) supersede a states authority to keep it's own policies in place?
        I thought the NYT and WSJ were fake news according to Trump.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

I believe states can declare their own states of emergency, and have, and they can continue to shut things down. But I don't know how it would effect Federal aid and support in such cases. The federal government has more resources than the states, so states would need support.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
            I thought the NYT and WSJ were fake news according to Trump.
            Trumps Fake News requirements--Anyone who disagrees with him.

But you can get off that list by agreeing with him or publishing/saying something he can use to his advantage.

It's all pretty simple.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I believe states can declare their own states of emergency, and have, and they can continue to shut things down. But I don't know how it would effect Federal aid and support in such cases. The federal government has more resources than the states, so states would need support.
              I hope you're correct. I do worry about pother states, but Cali will be OK, Our Governor has it together.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Harvey Weinstein has coronavirus.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Well done Senate Democrats!
                  Senate Democrats on Monday blocked a cloture vote that would have allowed a $1.8 trillion coronavirus stimulus package to advance for a full vote in the upper chamber. The vote to end debate on the…

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                    Yep, blame the Democrats for refusing to give Mnuchin a $500 BILLION slush fund to dole out in secrecy until after the election.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

You're not really that dumb, are you?
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Yep, blame the Democrats for refusing to give Mnuchin a $500 BILLION slush fund to dole out in secrecy until after the election.
                        Yeah, better to shut the whole thing down and let people fend for themselves.
                        Nice to see you pretending to care about $500 B. Has to be the first time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          You're not really that dumb, are you?
                          Please., you are the biggest lightweight on the board. Spin us another yarn about your library asshat.
                          You implying I’m dumb is one of the funniest things I have read in this board....you wouldn’t know dumb if it bit you on the ass.

Comment

Please., you are the biggest lightweight on the board. Spin us another yarn about your library asshat.
                            You implying I’m dumb is one of the funniest things I have read in this board....you wouldn’t know dumb if it bit you on the ass.
                            Triggered. If you arent usually dumb, your blaming Democrats for that terrible stimulus not passing is dumb.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

That sound you hear is Democrats blasting away at their own feet. I thought last week that this was the kind of legislation that the two sides can get together and toss politics aside and get it done. I was wrong. I dont think I've ever seen Susan Collins this upset about anything.

BTW - common sense would be, get it done and then everyone in congress leave. Too dangerous having that many old people in the same room for so long.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• URL to an article taking the side oppose the NY Post...

Senate Republicans hold up a bill by refusing to help average Americans while trying to give cooperate America another handout that doesn't require them to avoid buying back stocks, hold the line on them keeping employees if they accept the aid, allows for executives to get raises again soon, and doesn't put enough money in the hands of the people who need it. On top of all that they want to give the treasury sec. 500 Billion to distribute as he chooses. In unrelated news, Trump does not unequivocally say his companies would reject any money from this fund.

So yes both sides are playing a bit of a game, but I think I am comfortable being a member of the democratic party today

Comment

Working...
                                X