No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a link to a YT video comparing the progression of CV-19 to other significant pandemics of this century, particularly the 2009-10 Swine Flu outbreak. The starting point is Day #1 for each outbreak, for which for CV-19 they use Jan 1 (actually, IIRC, the first confirmed case was from early Dec). It's fairly short, only 6 mins:
    A lot of people requested that I update my first COVID-19 video, so I did!The first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dDD2tHWWnUBehind the scenes of me...

CV-19 really took off on Day #69 and proceeded to outpace all other pandemics up until now (3/19), which is Day #79. But about Day #89, Swine flu really took off and far outpaced all the others. That pandemic didn't start to flatten out until well over year later. It is estimated that between 150,000 and 575,000 people died in the Swine Flu outbreak (this vid uses a figure of almost 300,000). But even if the rate of new deaths for CV-19 remains the same from this point on, this vid shows that it still eventually will top the # of Swine Flu deaths (about Day #320). Scary stuff. Hopefully, it will start to flatten out soon.
    Last edited by rhd; 03-20-2020, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Once you get that confidential information, even if you were intending to sell for other completely legitimate reason, it becomes illegal to do so. I can't imagine anything that would change the culpability here, unless the stocks were in a blind trust or some other way that the Senators had no knowledge of the sales taking place.
      It would be awfully coincidental for a blind trust to to dump off 1.7 million in stocks--which, when I look it up accounts for half Burr's net worth, so likely the majority of his stocks, right after the briefing. And all the while he is saying everything would be A-OK, the government was totally ready to fight this, no worries everyone! Yeah. I can't believe I'm typing this sentence--Tucker Carlson is right. This SOB should resign immediately.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ApO?li=BBnb4R7

Comment

• so we can establish that most politicians are multi millionaires from ballooning the stock market, which then conventionally creates recessions that everyone else has to pay for.

and you guys say making the poor suffer more is no way to solve the problem. they already are. electing Biden is doing the same. it happened under Clinton, it happened under Obama. saying Obama was the greatest president in your lifetime is utterly ridiculous. he totally abandoned millennial's protesting wall street, for a reason. the kids knew. they voted for him and he didn't support them when the chips were down. and Biden was there and supported it.

Obama did great things, i don't deny it. including birth control in the health care is the best thing he did. but denying he or Biden is not part of the existing problem of inequality is ignorant. and now you want to elect the another boss as same as the old boss.

you might as well elect Biden. if you are invested in the stock market. but if you aren't, you might as well elect Trump, either way you reach the same outcome economically while the elites benefit at everyone else's expense. wolves in sheep clothing.

the answer is in front of everyone, like the virus. if you don't hold people responsible that know ahead of time, you are doomed to repeat your mistakes. and all this will happen again.

Comment

• Borders possibly closing to all non essential traffic.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• the Dow dropping 10k is a perfect example of pigs getting slaughtered. i remember 20 years ago when it was 10k. to see it go up to 30k. this is a perfect example of market forces correcting itself on it's own. if you thought it should've gone up that high that fast you were greedy. capitalism at it's finest. you became victim of yourself.

Comment

• https://www.barrons.com/articles/sen...ow-51583064907

that's a 3-week-old story that Feinstein/husband sold low on a biotech stock (!). she also said it's in a blind trust, etc etc.

still "fog of war," but at first pass that looks like an orange - not Burr's apple.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                the Dow dropping 10k is a perfect example of pigs getting slaughtered. i remember 20 years ago when it was 10k. to see it go up to 30k. this is a perfect example of market forces correcting itself on it's own. if you thought it should've gone up that high that fast you were greedy. capitalism at it's finest. you became victim of yourself.
                In a few weeks or maybe months the ones with cash will buy stocks and ride the wave of recovery making themselves richer.

I will not be one of those as I do not play the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  the Dow dropping 10k is a perfect example of pigs getting slaughtered. i remember 20 years ago when it was 10k. to see it go up to 30k. this is a perfect example of market forces correcting itself on it's own. if you thought it should've gone up that high that fast you were greedy. capitalism at it's finest. you became victim of yourself.
                  The phrase I've always herd is: "Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered".
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    https://www.barrons.com/articles/sen...ow-51583064907

that's a 3-week-old story that Feinstein/husband sold low on a biotech stock (!). she also said it's in a blind trust, etc etc.

still "fog of war," but at first pass that looks like an orange - not Burr's apple.
                    Yeah it is not what Burr did, but god the timing is just really bad. As your article points out the story has been out there for weeks and didn't seem to draw attention from anyone, but with the pressure that will be on Burr and Loeffler I imagine it starts to get more attention.

I am not good enough at finance to analyze what Inhofe and Johnson did. From my initial attempt to get info from twitter it seems again a bit less glaring than the other two.

Comment

• i got the phrase wrong. but you should invest in the market after all this is over. i don't agree with giving your money to institutions that play around with it but when it hits bottom you can't really go wrong.

i also won't ever give people stock advice after watching corning drop 100 to people working there where i did and watching them lose their 401k. i will gamble myself. hey i won the stock challenge Papa Deuce made year's ago. but i am no professional i am a hack.

it's terrible right now, i can only imagine how many people are losing their life's savings.

cash is king, after this is all over the guys with cash will clean up. actually it gives hope to people still looking to buy a house that have money.

i think everyone might really be screwed this time time though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        wow, Tucker Carlson calling for Burr to resign: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...selloff-due-to
                        Agree with the shock, but Carlson is actually right on this one. All others made moves either to sell some to buy others or fairly much in line with prior moves. Burr’s was clearly a dump of most of his portfolio that he could sell with no other corresponding support.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Rams stadium is essential - who knew?

ProFootballTalk
                          @ProFootballTalk
                          ·
                          36m
                          Last night, California governor's office revised exceptions to "stay at home" order to include construction projects, per source. SoFi Stadium work will continue.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            Rams stadium is essential - who knew?

ProFootballTalk
                            @ProFootballTalk
                            ·
                            36m
                            Last night, California governor's office revised exceptions to "stay at home" order to include construction projects, per source. SoFi Stadium work will continue.
                            I think outdoor work in general is safer in terms of exposure too the virus. You are out in the open air, usually spread out from others.

Comment

• Trump is just so evil. The themes in today's press conference:
                              Trump is great - everyone on the stage kowtows to Trump
                              The virus came from China
                              Illegal immigrants are dirty and threatening, especially if they come from Mexico
                              People who fight against illegal immigrants are the true patriots
                              Iran is a threat (ignoring they are in the midst of the worst of the epidemic)
                              Fake news, reporters who question Trump are the threat to America
                              Deep state is trying to undermine him
                              The Republican senators who are accused of insider trading are great people but don't forget about Diane Feinstein

I thought he had been doing better the last couple days, but today he was full-on evil again.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• The latter part of the question-and-answer period was better. Still not my favorite president but fortunately not focused on one evil theme after another like the beginning was.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X