No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The U.S. has now eclipsed 500,000 coronavirus deaths. Insane.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Ah, self righteous Americans.

Actor Chris Hemsworth, aka Thor from Marvel Universe, was catching a lot of backlash for sharing photos of a maskless party that he recently threw. Only one problem......he lives in Australia......and Australia is essentially COVID-free (pre-vaccine) because they have competent leaders who handled the pandemic extremely well. Thus, they don't have any restrictions. So, now the American fans who blasted Hemsworth are getting their asses handed to them by the Australians on social media for thinking that every country has handled COVID as poorly as the U.S.
      Last edited by madducks; 02-28-2021, 08:26 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Imagine how many Americans would still be alive if someone else - anyone else - had been President when this horrific pandemic emerged. It’s gotta be many thousands. Easily the greatest failure of leadership in my lifetime.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Imagine how many Americans would still be alive if someone else - anyone else - had been President when this horrific pandemic emerged. It’s gotta be many thousands. Easily the greatest failure of leadership in my lifetime.
          But his loyalists will tell you otherwise.

Comment

Imagine how many Americans would still be alive if someone else - anyone else - had been President when this horrific pandemic emerged. It’s gotta be many thousands. Easily the greatest failure of leadership in my lifetime.
            A study was done by the Lancet stating 40% of those who died would still be alive if the US had a proper response.

200,000 people.

that's a lot of blood on one's hands.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              A study was done by the Lancet stating 40% of those who died would still be alive if the US had a proper response.

200,000 people.

that's a lot of blood on one's hands.
              I think that study operates from assumptions that are hard to know for certain. It seems about right if we assume a standard, "normal" response from a typical president. I think an extraordinary response showing true leadership and foresight could have reduced that number even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I think that study operates from assumptions that are hard to know for certain. It seems about right if we assume a standard, "normal" response from a typical president. I think an extraordinary response showing true leadership and foresight could have reduced that number even more.
                Agreed.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• At a minimum, tens of thousands of American lives needlessly lost due to the idiot other guy and his band of incompetent sycophants and enablers. Just a staggering scale of incompetence.

Many of the United States' COVID-19 deaths could have been avoided if the U.S. death rate had been more in line with other industrialized nations'.

Comment

At a minimum, tens of thousands of American lives needlessly lost due to the idiot other guy and his band of incompetent sycophants and enablers. Just a staggering scale of incompetence.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/lancet...ry?id=75826837
                    The last dude certainly made things worse...but the article made some other points as well
                    Moreover, average life expectancy in the United States has lagged behind other wealthy nations since 1980 and has been falling since 2014. Income and education inequality, as well as structural racism, all of which hurt health, have been problems in the U.S. for decades.

"If there is not a major reversal of federal policy, the drivers of U.S. health stagnation are likely to persist," the report concluded. "Continuing down this road would lead to continued decline in health, widening health inequalities, and ever more missing Americans."

The commission recommended instituting single-payer national health care, doubling federal public health spending and compensating Native Americans, Native Hawaiians, Puerto Ricans and African Americans for wealth denied to them and confiscated from them throughout U.S. history, as among the legislative actions the U.S. could take to reduce health inequity.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm sure we'll see the other guy's health care plan to replace the Affordable Care Act in....what.....two weeks? I mean, he would have totally been lying if there wasn't even a plan all along!

Comment

I'm sure we'll see the other guy's health care plan to replace the Affordable Care Act in....what.....two weeks? I mean, he would have totally been lying if there wasn't even a plan all along!
                        I don't think the other guy can do much at this point. I am thinking there is a new guy who can, but perhaps I am wrong.
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          I don't think the other guy can do much at this point. I am thinking there is a new guy who can, but perhaps I am wrong.
                          I am not even close to defending trump, but I am hoping at some point we can move on and try to make things better. I suppose another question is how much longer we have to wait to quit blaming everything that is wrong with America on Donald Trump, and when we should hold joe biden accountable for his action or inaction. Months, years ?
                          Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-01-2021, 05:54 PM.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I am not even close to defending trump, but I am hoping at some point we can move on and try to make things better.
                            I don't know what you're getting at. Biden has already done a metric shit ton of things regarding health care and the pandemic. Moreover, he released his plan today (and it's an actual plan, not a "you'll see it in two weeks" lie). Are you unaware of those things or are you not in favor or.....something else? And I imagine you've been acutely aware of what he's done/proposed/pushed/ordered with regards to the corona virus, the topic of this thread.

Comment

I don't know what you're getting at. Biden has already done a metric shit ton of things regarding health care and the pandemic. Moreover, he released his plan today (and it's an actual plan, not a "you'll see it in two weeks" lie). Are you unaware of those things or are you not in favor or.....something else? And I imagine you've been acutely aware of what he's done/proposed/pushed/ordered with regards to the corona virus, the topic of this thread.
                              I just responded to a point in the link you posted
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just responded to a point in the link you posted
                                And when I noted that, you wanted to talk about how crappy Donald Trump was. I guess when President Biden implements single payer we will both be happy
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X