Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Newsome is locking Counties back down starting with Imperial
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Yup - mandate just came out that masks are required in all places of business in the county I live in. Good!

Now, the response, "I'm not wearing a mask. You don't have to wear a mask if you have certain disabilities, and they aren't allowed to ask us about disabilities, so no one has to wear one".

Sigh.
      Here's the scam that they're trying to pull...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The anti-mask people are digging their heels in as evidenced by their (failed) opposition to a mask mandate in Palm Beach County Florida:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          It's impossible to enforce wearing of masks. And some won't comply until they fear for their life. And that won't be until a lot more people die. So things will get ugly, dont see any other possibility
          Wait, this isn’t ugly?

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            And Newsome is locking Counties back down starting with Imperial
            So far, Newsom has only advised Imperial to re-implement the stay at home order, and has said he'll only intervene if they don't come to a consensus to do something.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              So far, Newsom has only advised Imperial to re-implement the stay at home order, and has said he'll only intervene if they don't come to a consensus to do something.
              That's essentially the same thing isn't it? In fact, even Newsome's mandates have been subject to extreme lack of enforcement thereby rendering them no more than advisements.

I know that technically it's different, but in reality they're proving to be the same.

And a big reason California is still struggling with the virus.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Everyone should be wearing a mask indoors unless they at home. Outside not as much unless you cant keep distance from others. Like if you're rioting or something.

I'm very frustrated that so many are still resisting this.

This is not a solution because of how stupid people are regarding wearing a mask properly, but its a lot better than nothing.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  Everyone should be wearing a mask indoors unless they at home. Outside not as much unless you cant keep distance from others. Like if you're rioting or something.

I'm very frustrated that so many are still resisting this.

This is not a solution because of how stupid people are regarding wearing a mask properly, but its a lot better than nothing.
                  Hmm, I wonder why so many are resistant? Couldn't possibly have anything to do with your dear leader now could it?
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Wait, this isn’t ugly?
                    No one seems to be able to agree on that. I guess I should have noted the obvious possibility that state and local governments have to shut everything down again due to surging case numbers and a significant amount of the population that won't use good judgement.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      No one seems to be able to agree on that. I guess I should have noted the obvious possibility that state and local governments have to shut everything down again due to surging case numbers and a significant amount of the population that won't use good judgement.
                      Nothing new, we as a society, have always had to legislate poor judgment.

From drunk driving to seat belts to warning labels to not drink bleach, there's always been a segment of the population who are either just too dumb to see the sense in things or who will not be told what to do. Now add the political division and blind loyalty to their side and like Ken stated..... It's ugly.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Hmm, I wonder why so many are resistant? Couldn't possibly have anything to do with your dear leader now could it?
                        I've never liked Trump, I just like him better than the alternative. I've been clear on that for 4 years.

Yes, if Trump put on a mask today in public it would help.
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                          I've never liked Trump, I just like him better than the alternative. I've been clear on that for 4 years.

Yes, if Trump put on a mask today in public it would help.
                          That's a bullshit cop out. Saying you like the alternative less given what an absolute piece of human garbage Trump is, means you like him, or at the very least what he can give you (which is just as awful). Stop deluding yourself.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-sc...ncing/32979274

And Iowa schools can open as early as July 1st with no health checks, face coverings or distancing requirements. This is going to turn out well.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                              https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-sc...ncing/32979274

And Iowa schools can open as early as July 1st with no health checks, face coverings or distancing requirements. This is going to turn out well.
                              I am wondering if the next 4 weeks are going to be like March were it is total chaos and things like government policy change drastically on an almost daily basis.
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X