Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Seriously, Biden was elected president he should be responsible for what he says.
    Biden was elected as a place holder for at least half those 80 million people, Harris will be vastly different from Biden.

No need to take my word for it, just check their positions during the primaries.

That is the real difference between the two.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Biden was elected as a place holder for at least half those 80 million people, Harris will be vastly different from Biden.

No need to take my word for it, just check their positions during the primaries.

That is the real difference between the two.
      I disagree.

Although I am not sure exactly what you mean
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• My 29 year old daughter has been tested as positive. She got her results at midnight Thursday the 19th. She had to get a routine covid test for a Doctors appointment. She took the test Monday afternoon. No fever, but dry hack, body aches and lost her sense of smell and taste hours before her results came back on Thursday.

My Grandson has tested negative as of Friday the 20th. The Doctor has recommended that my Grandson stay quarantined with her for the next 10 days. They are staying at our house.

My wife and I left at 1:00 am to go to my In laws house that we inherited in March. May be too late, but given the circumstances it is the best we can do.

My wife and I are exhibiting some cold like symptoms (resisting to assume the worst). late yesterday night and this morning. We each have covid tests scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. It will take several days to get the results.

My 25 year old daughter that was with us all on Sunday had a rapid test yesterday morning. She tested negative. She is in her own apartment in Kenosha Wis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          My 29 year old daughter has been tested as positive. She got her results at midnight Thursday the 19th. She had to get a routine covid test for a Doctors appointment. She took the test Monday afternoon. No fever, but dry hack, body aches and lost her sense of smell and taste hours before her results came back on Thursday.

My Grandson has tested negative as of Friday the 20th. The Doctor has recommended that my Grandson stay quarantined with her for the next 10 days. They are staying at our house.

My wife and I left at 1:00 am to go to my In laws house that we inherited in March. May be too late, but given the circumstances it is the best we can do.

My wife and I are exhibiting some cold like symptoms (resisting to assume the worst). late yesterday night and this morning. We each have covid tests scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. It will take several days to get the results.

My 25 year old daughter that was with us all on Sunday had a rapid test yesterday morning. She tested negative. She is in her own apartment in Kenosha Wis.
          Gregg, i hope that your daughter has a speedy recovery. And i also hope that you and the rest of the family can avoid the virus. May you all get well soon.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

My 29 year old daughter has been tested as positive. She got her results at midnight Thursday the 19th. She had to get a routine covid test for a Doctors appointment. She took the test Monday afternoon. No fever, but dry hack, body aches and lost her sense of smell and taste hours before her results came back on Thursday.

Sorry to hear, hope everyone has a full recovery.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Hope everyone ends up with the best possible results. Stay safe and keep us posted if you care to.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I'm starting to think that Brian Williams has the right idea. Perhaps ridicule works better than reason on the unreasonable.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I hope your daughter pulls through okay and the rest of your family avoid catching it. Scary times. Be safe, Gregg.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Echoing everyone else, I hope you and yours are okay.

Comment

Here's hoping for a speedy and complete recovery for your daughter and for negative test results for you and your wife.

Comment

• Gregg, keeping your family in my prayers. Hope everything turns out ok for everyone.

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 11/16 at 7:46 AM, exactly 7 days ago. Mortality rate is figured using the current death total divided by the total cases from the update 3 weeks ago (11/2). This week, I'm adding the 7-day average daily deaths total for the US using COVID Tracking Project's data.

- 12,590,220 cases in the US, up from 11,367,214 , an increase of 10.76% which is a larger increase than last time (10.44%). The new cases for this period were 1,223,006 which gives a 7-day daily average of 174,715, way up from 153,532. A comparison w last period's new cases (1,074,722) gives a new cases increase rate of 1.138, much lower than that of the last update (1.316). The current test positivity rate is 10.0%, slightly higher than that of the last update (9.95%) and still way above the WHO threshold figure of 5.0%. Total CV-19 hospitalizations are 83,870, up from 69,864, an increase of 20.01% over last week which is a smaller increase than last update (23.06%), but still the highest level during the entire pandemic. Currently, there are only 2 states that have an R-naught below 1.0, the same # as the last update, so the overall US R-naught still must be well above the recommended threshold of 1.0. The values for the different states range from 0.88-1.36. Things continue to get worse but the fall surge appears to be levelling off somewhat.
                          - 262,711 deaths in the US, up from 251,901, an increase of 4.29% which is a larger increase than last time (3.34%). The new deaths for this period were 10,810. The mortality rate is 2.77% (262,711/9,475,872), slightly lower than last time (2.83% (251,901/8,889,577)). The mortality rate for the week's new deaths is 1.84% (10,810/586,295), higher than last time (1.62% (8,130/501,564)). The latest 7-day daily average # of new deaths is 1,470, up from 1,127 7 days ago. The increase in average daily deaths over the prior week is 30.4%, whereas the increase in average daily cases from 3 weeks ago over the prior week was 16.9%.
                          - 59,112,307 cases worldwide, up from 54,943,524, an increase of 7.59% which is a smaller increase than last time (8.16%). The new cases for this period were 4,168,783 which gives a 7-day daily average of 595,540, up slightly from 592,457. A comparison w last period's new cases (4,147,200) gives a new cases increase rate of 1.005, which is lower than last time (1.049).
                          - 1,396,726 deaths worldwide, up from 1,327,350, an increase of 5.23% which is a larger increase than last time (4.99%). The new deaths for this period were 69,376 which gives a 7-day daily average of 9,911, up from 9,008. The mortality rate is 2.98% (1,396,726/46,843,898), slightly lower than last time (3.06% (1,327,350/43,356,880)). The mortality rate for the week's new deaths is 1.99% (69,376/3,487,018), which is lower than that of the previous period (2.06% (63,059/3,061,715)).

There are now cases in Samoa, making it 224 countries/territories that have a reported case. The only 6 countries that do not have a reported/suspected case (all in the So. Pacific) are Kiribati, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Tonga and Tuvalu.

New case rate increases went up for the US but down for the world and the rate of increase in new cases over the prior week went down for both. The death rate increase went up for both and overall mortality rates went up for the US. For the US, the R-naught seems to remain well above 1.0, the test positivity rate went up slightly and altho the CV-19 hospitalizations continued to rise, they rose at a slower rate than in the last update.

Cases continue to surge in most of Europe, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Canada, Indonesia, Myanmar, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Kenya and Morocco. And cases have surged recently in Japan, Malaysia, Turkey and Algeria. But cases increases have dropped in recent weeks in Nepal and also in many countries in Europe (Ireland, Spain, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic, Slovakia).
                          Last edited by rhd; 11-30-2020, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• Take care Gregg, hoping for a full recovery for your family
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Astra/Zeneca announces that its vaccine is 90% effective:

Several interesting things about the Astra/Zeneca vaccine: It reportedly will be sold at cost during the pandemic, and the price is rumored to be about $4 a dose. Pfizer'a vaccine reportedly will cost about $25 and Moderna's will be about $40. Also, the Astra/Zeneca vaccine can be stored at refrigerator temperature (about 40 degrees Fahrenheit) whereas Moderna's needs freezer temperature (about 0 degrees F) and Pfizer's needs -70 degrees Celsius. Both the low cost and the higher temperatures will enable Astra/Zeneca's vaccine to be distributed widely in poorer countries. And it will be much easier to produce large amounts of the Astra/Zeneca vaccine than the other 2. Also, curiously, using only a half-dose for the 1st dose and a full dose for the 2nd dose was 90% effective whereas using full doses for both was only 62% effective. That's where the 90% figure was from (you may see the effectiveness reported as only 70% but that represents the overall effectiveness of both sets of doses combined). Using a half-dose for both doses was not attempted. And even when vaccinated people still get infected, they have only mild symptoms. Very good news.
                              Last edited by rhd; 11-24-2020, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• a lot of things have happened in my world recently. the old guy here freaked out on me after coming home from the hospital. I organized my stuff ready to hit the road. another guy here lost his gun and accused me of stealing it. yet they are learning I am not capable of touching a gun. and then the RV called me after a year and a half and now I am buying a kickass sail boat for 5k. he also has his own 5k boat. so now I am moving the RV show to the water. ..it's a very crazy world we live in. apparently it's an adventure.

we found a shelter, I found a shelter for his dog. I always told him to call me if that ever happened. and he did. that took some fucking balls. I always knew this would happen to his dog. preparing an animal for the future is easy.

actually I make a lot more sense in real life than virtual reality. heh

it's all about the animals.

Comment

Working...
                                X