X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Have to be ready for the boogeyman.
    Silver Bullets?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I just got a call from my youngest sister (59). She woke up with a cough this morning. She called her doctor who put her in touch with CDC. She is on her way to the ER for testing.

She works for Mercury Marine in Fond du lac Wisconsin about 3 hours from me. Someone on a production line 2 lines over passed away from it two weeks ago. She has been laid off for a week.

She is not experiencing any other symptoms at this time.

I am scared and praying hard for her. First that she tests negative. And if positive that she recovers quickly and without issue.
      Sorry to hear about the family--remember to take care of yourself as well, in the confined quarters you're sharing minimizing the spread throughout the house I'm sure is top priority. Take care and I promise not to come by and try to take your stuff
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        California has closed gun shops as they consider them non essential.

Nra promptly sues.

Convince me that guns are an essential purchase during this lock down.
        Placer county is ignoring the order. Gun shops still open, people on NextDoor celebrate our 2nd amendment rights and add another item to their Recall Gavin Newsom petitions.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Thoughts for your sister mate.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Here are a couple of links that I thought were interesting. I know that if I were around sick people I would wear a mask. And chances are that in Seattle I may come into contact with people who are carrying Coronavirus (or could be carrying it myself). I've been considering wearing one on the few times each week that I go out in public to buy groceries. I'm leaning more towards wearing one the next time I go out. As CBB mentioned, if nothing else it may get me some extra space

Asia says masks are "common sense." The West warns they give a false sense of security. What does science say?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...9-myths-busted
            Interesting stuff, if inconclusive. I certainly don't think it would hurt if we all had masks and wore them in public. But we don't. There are none to be found in my area, anyway.

Comment

I haven't been wearing a mask yet either. I am thinking about it. Probably minimal benefit for a healthy person to wear one, but trying to figure it out
              Where would you get them? There are none around here and online I'm seeing delivery times weeks away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Where are you getting yours? None around here. I see some on Amazon, but they have delivery dates weeks away.
                My daughter was starting spring break (I had to look, it was 3/9 but seems like months ago) and was going to fly home. I told her I would pay her a big bonus if she wore a mask to the airport and on the plane. This was a few days after things were picking up here in Seattle, so I wasn't really sure, but figured it would be better if she wore one (also told her to avoid people and use lots of hand sanitizer). So she was at the drug store and couldn't find any, but she asked the cashier and he had one box left, the were keeping them behind the counter. So I'm not sure how many we have, maybe 19 or 49 I would guess. I haven't used or ordered any, but I'm thinking about it. Sounds like I might want to order today if I want to have them anytime soonish
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• if any hospitals in your area are in need, can you donate them?
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    if any hospitals in your area are in need, can you donate them?
                    That's a good question. Maybe I will take a look and see what I can find out. These aren't N95s, but if the hospital had nothing at all these would be better.
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

That's a good question. Maybe I will take a look and see what I can find out. These aren't N95s, but if the hospital had nothing at all these would be better.
                      looks like I probably can't donate them since I opened the package. I can spare some lysol wipes though, maybe I'll drop them off sometime to get out of the house. Good idea JJ

An outpouring of community offers spurs creation of site for cash and in-kind gifts — face masks, hand sanitizer and other goods. 

UW Medicine can accept the following items in unopened, original packaging:

Disposable face masks: all types, including N-95 respirators
                      Clear face shields
                      Clear safety/medical glasses or goggles
                      Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Systems
                      Exam and surgical gloves
                      Isolation gowns
                      Disinfecting wipes
                      Hand sanitizer

Messages of support for front line healthcare workers also are being collected on the website.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Interesting stuff, if inconclusive. I certainly don't think it would hurt if we all had masks and wore them in public. But we don't. There are none to be found in my area, anyway.
                        This guy is a big proponent of masks. Interesting point he makes about Hong Kong (similar to NY, but only 4 deaths from COVID-19), as well as some other interesting stuff to consider. As you say it might not matter now since they probably aren't available, but it is something we may need to consider if we want to get out of lockdown mode anytime soon. I haven't read everything on his twitter feed, and haven't verified his claims about Hong Kong....

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I went to the liquor store and was happy to see about 30% were wearing masks. Then I went to pet store and saw no one else. Looks like us drinkers are smarter
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

This guy is a big proponent of masks. Interesting point he makes about Hong Kong (similar to NY, but only 4 deaths from COVID-19), as well as some other interesting stuff to consider. As you say it might not matter now since they probably aren't available, but it is something we may need to consider if we want to get out of lockdown mode anytime soon. I haven't read everything on his twitter feed, and haven't verified his claims about Hong Kong....

https://twitter.com/wilfredchan?lang=en
                            He's absolutely right, but it wouldnt matter if we had enough for everyone, Americans arent going to wear masks out in public.
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              I went to the liquor store and was happy to see about 30% were wearing masks. Then I went to pet store and saw no one else. Looks like us drinkers are smarter
                              I think I've seen at most 1 or 2 when I make a walmart run. So maybe 1 -2%?
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                He's absolutely right, but it wouldnt matter if we had enough for everyone, Americans arent going to wear masks out in public.
                                The world is changing pretty fast. Being stuck in your house and watching things unfold may make a difference
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X