Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    One thing I'll admit is still a mystery to me in comparing New York and New Jersey to Texas:

Over the past seven days, Texas has recorded 58,440 new COVID cases and 520 COVID deaths. NY + NJ, with a very similar total population to Texas, have recorded 6,424 new COVID cases and 526 COVID deaths over the past seven days. Very similar deaths, very different new case totals. I know there is a lag time between cases and deaths, but the last time NY and NJ had more new weekly cases than Texas was on June 7. By June 21, Texas was already 4x as many new cases per week as NY + NJ.

So either the lag time now between case diagnosis and death is more like 5-6 weeks than 2-3 weeks, or something else is different now between those regions.
    I went with my son to see his surgeon a few weeks ago. Last year he removed a tumor from my son's nasal cavity and other parts of the head. He is an Otolaryngologist who deals with the nose. I asked him about the number of new cases in the state and he was concerned, but not nearly as concerned about the number of hospitalizations. One of the things he says could be leading to the high number of positive cases being reported is the Covid-19 virus embeds genetic material in the lining of the nasal cavity. Most of the tests being done are not stringent enough to know the difference between active virus activity and genetic material. Most tests only checks for the presence of the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFurious View Post
      I went with my son to see his surgeon a few weeks ago. Last year he removed a tumor from my son's nasal cavity and other parts of the head. He is an Otolaryngologist who deals with the nose. I asked him about the number of new cases in the state and he was concerned, but not nearly as concerned about the number of hospitalizations. One of the things he says could be leading to the high number of positive cases being reported is the Covid-19 virus embeds genetic material in the lining of the nasal cavity. Most of the tests being done are not stringent enough to know the difference between active virus activity and genetic material. Most tests only checks for the presence of the virus.
      Interesting. I'll keep an eye for a similar explanation elsewhere.

Comment

• Yo Nots:

Georgia on my Mid...Zombie Jamboree mash up

Blowhard Pickle Dance

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          So now Hospital data on virus patients will be sent to the WH first instead of going to the CDC...solid move if you want to suppress data from being public...amirite
          You, good sir, are right.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Man, people are dumb. A room packed full of protesting unmasked parents shouting covid is a hoax and protesting the notion that their kids will have to wear masks to go back to school in Utah: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sc...ALa?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Man, people are dumb. A room packed full of protesting unmasked parents shouting covid is a hoax and protesting the notion that their kids will have to wear masks to go back to school in Utah: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sc...ALa?li=BBnb7Kz
              I mean, they aren't wrong.... by the time school starts all their kids will already have COVID based on this type behavior so why should they take precautions?

Comment

• They aren't wrong, but they would be if everyone had followed the guidelines. Trump, his admin and mostly GOP Governors PLUS the selfish fucktards have pushed the country into this=--Oh well, we're here we might as well trudge through it situation.

They have put Hundreds of thousands at risk.

They should be held accountable.

They won't be.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• 74,000 new cases yesterday. Winning!

Comment

• Lucrative pandemic "tourism":

Get Raycon’s already affordable earbuds at 15% off at: http://buyraycon.com/polymatterWatch this video ad-free on Nebula: https://nebula.tv/videos/polymatter...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      74,000 new cases yesterday. Winning!
                      Italy is down to less than 200 cases per day from a peak near 5000. We are about twice our April peak.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Italy is down to less than 200 cases per day from a peak near 5000. We are about twice our April peak.
                        we're at our late March levels, 100-120 new cases pretty consistently for the past 10 days or so. (we = Ontario, pop. around 13M)
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          we're at our late March levels, 100-120 new cases pretty consistently for the past 10 days or so. (we = Ontario, pop. around 13M)
                          Didn't mean to exclude our Canadian junkies and those from other countries. Of course I also don't want to include you in our Coronavirus problems, glad you guys are doing relatively well
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Didn't mean to exclude our Canadian junkies and those from other countries. Of course I also don't want to include you in our Coronavirus problems, glad you guys are doing relatively well
                            no need, didn't feel excluded at all ... just thought I'd provide an update on how things are here
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I mean, they aren't wrong.... by the time school starts all their kids will already have COVID based on this type behavior so why should they take precautions?
                              That anger from these anti-maskers is crazy to me. It is DARVO tactics--deny, attack, reverse victim and offender. Some of them are screaming at teachers calmly pleading for them to support masks so they can teach their kids without worrying about bringing home the virus to their sick relatives. Talk about privileged. Apparently being required to wear a mask counts as oppression worth angrily protesting about for some. I have even seen some of these nuts who use the "I can't breathe" Floyd language to describe how they too are being denied that basic right. I mean...I can't even, as the valley girls used to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                That anger from these anti-maskers is crazy to me. It is DARVO tactics--deny, attack, reverse victim and offender. Some of them are screaming at teachers calmly pleading for them to support masks so they can teach their kids without worrying about bringing home the virus to their sick relatives. Talk about privileged. Apparently being required to wear a mask counts as oppression worth angrily protesting about for some. I have even seen some of these nuts who use the "I can't breathe" Floyd language to describe how they too are being denied that basic right. I mean...I can't even, as the valley girls used to say.
                                99% White folks.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X