Page 201 of 203 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2030

Thread: Corona Virus

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

PS--we might not be in authority YET, but that day IS coming.
    I admire your optimism but I don’t see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Hydroxychloroquine found to increase heart problems and mortality in a much larger study of COVID-19 patients. It's as significant an indicator for mortality as being a current smoker.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status...11764287725574
    CBB--I hope you decided against taking this on Trump's recommendation. At the time, you were confident there was no risk, but more evidence continues to come out there there is significant risk. If you are taking it, I hope you consider stopping.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-22-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I am thankful I don’t know of anyone in a position of authority who holds your view (except maybe Gov Ige of Hawaii). Even Newsome, Cuomo, Murphy and Wolf are starting to open things up.
    I wish there was no one in a postion of authority who thinks opening up churches is a good idea. People in close proximity with poor ventilation is a perfect formula for spreading disease.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    CBB--I hope you decided against taking this on Trump's recommendation. At the time, you were confident there was no risk, but more evidence continues to come out there there is significant risk. If you are taking it, I hope you consider stopping.
    From what I know about Chloroquine and related substances, they should never be taken outside of a doctor's supervision because of the potential fatal effects on heart function. It looks like they do help at least some people recover faster from CV-19 infection, altho I don't know about them making it harder to get infected. So, if Trump is taking them under a doctor's care, I guess that's fine if he wants to but when speaking in public he really should always mention that they're potentially very dangerous and must be taken only under a doctor's orders. Otherwise, he could be potentially putting others at risk unnecessarily.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    There have been 109,785 new cases worldwide since my update from yesterday, which I believe is a record for 1 day. The US case rate seems to have stabilized, altho it's not decreasing significantly yet. But the world rate seems to be increasing again after appearing to stabilize previously. I'm not sure where most of the surge is coming from but cases continue to surge in Russia, Brazil, India, Peru, Chile, the Middle East (particularly the Arabian peninsula), and Mexico. In particular, things seem to be getting really bad in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    There have been 109,785 new cases worldwide since my update from yesterday, which I believe is a record for 1 day. The US case rate seems to have stabilized, altho it's not decreasing significantly yet. But the world rate seems to be increasing again after appearing to stabilize previously. I'm not sure where most of the surge is coming from but cases continue to surge in Russia, Brazil, India, Peru, Chile, the Middle East (particularly the Arabian peninsula), and Mexico. In particular, things seem to be getting really bad in Brazil.
    Which is interesting considering their president is a science-denying authoritarian just like our beloved bozo.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Which is interesting considering their president is a science-denying authoritarian just like our beloved bozo.
    Brazil is going to be a surrealistic nightmare, on par with the Terry Gilliam classic Brazil.

The City of LA is saying they plan to keep the stay at home order in place until there's a cure--prompting the Feds to overstep and try to force them open.

This should be entertaining.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Brazil is going to be a surrealistic nightmare, on par with the Terry Gilliam classic Brazil.
    If you've been following what's happening in Tijuana, it's going to be a Covid bomb exploding and killing thousands quickly. They don't have all the numbers because right now the Red Cross is overwhelmed and they're the ones that handle almost all the death records (Mex is almost 2 years behind in these stats) Only the other day they acknowledges they may have missed several hundred covid-109 deaths because they weren't testing those found dead at home or those who died on the way to the hospital. IE: The avg found dead at home/died in transit numbers for the3-4 weeks in questions was about 135, the number from that same time this year (in the middle of TJ exploding with Covid cases) was 345. If you're familiar with Tijuana, you know it's cramped, dirty, lacking facilities and healthcare workers, there are not only the actual residents, but thousands of refugees and homeless all crammed together. Almost 2 million. It's not going to be pretty in this or other cities/countries like this. I feel for them.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I havent taken HCQ in many years but I had an open mind about it and was excited that it could help. I wonder why it was considered safe until now except for rare cases of vision problems? Its at least 65 years old and we just now are discovering it causes heart conditions?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden