Page 200 of 203 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2029

Thread: Corona Virus

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    Does Trump have some guidelines? My governor said churches could open with no more than 10 people. That's a guideline.

nots, you're trying to play me into a corner. I shared this on Facebook yesterday:

I believe the church's response to this should be to say, "We know this is still an active pandemic. Yes, we value and love corporate worship, but we value and love our neighbor more. And to protect our neighbor, both those who are believers and those who are not, we choose to remain closed for corporate worship until it is safe. What safe means, at this point we don't know, but we know it isn't right now."
    I appreciate you responding and I’m not trying to paint you into a corner. I am trying to get you ( not you specifically, but those who think we need to continue this) to commit to a definable goal. I don’t believe it’s right to ask people to continue to sacrifice economically, socially, spiritually and psychologically without knowing what the goal is. To me at least, the goal posts seem to be moving.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Really? How about we wait until we know MORE about the virus, till the Epidemiologists, doctors and scientists currently s researching it tell us what we're dealing with and the best way to avoid unnecessary deaths--and there are NO acceptable casualties to save the economy--if it is too fragile to survive a lockdown to save lives (like mandatory blackouts during wartime or rationing or no baseball season etc., then it's fatally flawed to being with. Faith is important, but you can worship from home there is NO excuse for these people to put OTHERS in harms way simply because they feel they need to be in a church to be closer to their God.

If it's Ok in a week--great if it takes a year--so be it.

the way it's been handled on ALL sides has been pretty awful and people who wouldn't have died, will die because of that incompetence some already have.

Frankly--you shouldn't NEED a date, WAIT let the people doing the work recommend when to re-open and until then stay the f*ck at home and only go out to sustain--not entertain and when you're out--Mask up, social distance, sanitize and get back to your house as quickly as possible.

Anything less is irresponsible and completely inconsiderate of those in harms way.

other than that--Have a nice day.
    If what’s ok in a week or in a year? A vaccine, zero cases, flattening the curve? What?

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid In the Corn's Avatar
    Suburbs of Minneapolis...close to Hornsby
    Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    I appreciate you responding and I’m not trying to paint you into a corner. I am trying to get you ( not you specifically, but those who think we need to continue this) to commit to a definable goal. I don’t believe it’s right to ask people to continue to sacrifice economically, socially, spiritually and psychologically without knowing what the goal is. To me at least, the goal posts seem to be moving.
    The problem is whichever side you're on, you view the opposite as sheep. I'm so tired of that.

Churches should be doing everything they can to limit the spread of the virus. They should be looking to see how the can support and show love to their neighbors. Instead of coming together as a big group, they should be saying, hey church, go over to Joe's Bar and Grill and order take out. Tell Joe your from X Church and we love him and hope he find success. Hey church, let's get a couple people to go help mow the lawn of the entire block of Jan's neighborhood. Tell them you're from X church and we love them, and hope they have a blessed day. and more acts of love and support and more acts of love and support.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

CDC guidelines for opening up the country, and promoted by WH at end of april, but quickly abandoned when trump decied we better just open up. NO STATE had met guidelines, but all 50 states are opening up to some degree now. Critical point was 14 consecutive days of declining cases.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Lockdown delay cost lives. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/u...ng-deaths.html

In a fair world, trump woul be impeached for deliberately slow walking response and costing tens of thousands more lives than any other president would have, becuase this is 1st president unable to process daily briefs.

Point is not to just look back and say, gee, we screwed up. Point is we need to be able to read the data from scientists and react appropriately. We will have a 2nd wave, well worse than 1st, if history is any indicator per 1908 spanish flu https://www.history.com/news/spanish...ave-resurgence

If we as a country react as poorly, as slowly, as 1st wave, which seems inevitable, we will have more loss of life than 1st wave. And why do I say inevitable, with this president, we will react as poorly? trump has declared no matter what, we will not lock down for a second wave, even if it it multiples worse. https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...second-wave-of

If what’s ok in a week or in a year? A vaccine, zero cases, flattening the curve? What?
    Ending the Stay at home or Lockdown regulations--nothing else matters until they understand the virus and can INTELLIGENTLY recommend a course of action. Nothing you're offering, the curve, cases or a vaccine mean anything without proper research and a consensus solution by those doing the research. If they can do that in a week--they'll let us know and we can go from there in our efforts to restart society, if it takes a year before they reach that point, stay in for a year.

What's happening now is irresponsible, based on other factors outside understanding the Virus and what it can or cannot do and how it should or should not be handled.

But you know what I was saying-

To Be Clear--you want goalposts--defer to the people doing the research let them study the virus until the have a working understanding and THEY make recommendations about when you return to regular society. keep politicians, economists and GQ Public of of the damn decisions making process and when those doing the work on the virus make recommendations, follow them without changing/ignoring them.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    Lockdown delay cost lives. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/u...ng-deaths.html

In a fair world, trump woul be impeached for deliberately slow walking response and costing tens of thousands more lives than any other president would have, becuase this is 1st president unable to process daily briefs.

Point is not to just look back and say, gee, we screwed up. Point is we need to be able to read the data from scientists and react appropriately. We will have a 2nd wave, well worse than 1st, if history is any indicator per 1908 spanish flu https://www.history.com/news/spanish...ave-resurgence

If we as a country react as poorly, as slowly, as 1st wave, which seems inevitable, we will have more loss of life than 1st wave. And why do I say inevitable, with this president, we will react as poorly? trump has declared no matter what, we will not lock down for a second wave, even if it it multiples worse. https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...second-wave-of
    In a fair world he'd be injected with the virus and left to die a slow and painful death.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    The problem is whichever side you're on, you view the opposite as sheep. I'm so tired of that.

Churches should be doing everything they can to limit the spread of the virus. They should be looking to see how the can support and show love to their neighbors. Instead of coming together as a big group, they should be saying, hey church, go over to Joe's Bar and Grill and order take out. Tell Joe your from X Church and we love him and hope he find success. Hey church, let's get a couple people to go help mow the lawn of the entire block of Jan's neighborhood. Tell them you're from X church and we love them, and hope they have a blessed day. and more acts of love and support and more acts of love and support.
    Those are good suggestions.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Ending the Stay at home or Lockdown regulations--nothing else matters until they understand the virus and can INTELLIGENTLY recommend a course of action. Nothing you're offering, the curve, cases or a vaccine mean anything without proper research and a consensus solution by those doing the research. If they can do that in a week--they'll let us know and we can go from there in our efforts to restart society, if it takes a year before they reach that point, stay in for a year.

What's happening now is irresponsible, based on other factors outside understanding the Virus and what it can or cannot do and how it should or should not be handled.

But you know what I was saying-

To Be Clear--you want goalposts--defer to the people doing the research let them study the virus until the have a working understanding and THEY make recommendations about when you return to regular society. keep politicians, economists and GQ Public of of the damn decisions making process and when those doing the work on the virus make recommendations, follow them without changing/ignoring them.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I am thankful I don’t know of anyone in a position of authority who holds your view (except maybe Gov Ige of Hawaii). Even Newsome, Cuomo, Murphy and Wolf are starting to open things up.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I am thankful I don’t know of anyone in a position of authority who holds your view (except maybe Gov Ige of Hawaii). Even Newsome, Cuomo, Murphy and Wolf are starting to open things up.
    Again, I don't predicate what I think on economic anything. I am strictly concerned with people's health. If they need money, give it to them. And yes, it can be done, they (those in power and those who think they might one day be in power-see wealth-) just don't want to do it.

PS--we might not be in authority YET, but that day IS coming.

Martin Luther King, Jr.