Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    If what’s ok in a week or in a year? A vaccine, zero cases, flattening the curve? What?
    Ending the Stay at home or Lockdown regulations--nothing else matters until they understand the virus and can INTELLIGENTLY recommend a course of action. Nothing you're offering, the curve, cases or a vaccine mean anything without proper research and a consensus solution by those doing the research. If they can do that in a week--they'll let us know and we can go from there in our efforts to restart society, if it takes a year before they reach that point, stay in for a year.

What's happening now is irresponsible, based on other factors outside understanding the Virus and what it can or cannot do and how it should or should not be handled.

But you know what I was saying-

To Be Clear--you want goalposts--defer to the people doing the research let them study the virus until the have a working understanding and THEY make recommendations about when you return to regular society. keep politicians, economists and GQ Public of of the damn decisions making process and when those doing the work on the virus make recommendations, follow them without changing/ignoring them.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      Lockdown delay cost lives. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/u...ng-deaths.html

In a fair world, trump woul be impeached for deliberately slow walking response and costing tens of thousands more lives than any other president would have, becuase this is 1st president unable to process daily briefs.

Point is not to just look back and say, gee, we screwed up. Point is we need to be able to read the data from scientists and react appropriately. We will have a 2nd wave, well worse than 1st, if history is any indicator per 1908 spanish flu https://www.history.com/news/spanish...ave-resurgence

If we as a country react as poorly, as slowly, as 1st wave, which seems inevitable, we will have more loss of life than 1st wave. And why do I say inevitable, with this president, we will react as poorly? trump has declared no matter what, we will not lock down for a second wave, even if it it multiples worse. https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...second-wave-of
      In a fair world he'd be injected with the virus and left to die a slow and painful death.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
        The problem is whichever side you're on, you view the opposite as sheep. I'm so tired of that.

Churches should be doing everything they can to limit the spread of the virus. They should be looking to see how the can support and show love to their neighbors. Instead of coming together as a big group, they should be saying, hey church, go over to Joe's Bar and Grill and order take out. Tell Joe your from X Church and we love him and hope he find success. Hey church, let's get a couple people to go help mow the lawn of the entire block of Jan's neighborhood. Tell them you're from X church and we love them, and hope they have a blessed day. and more acts of love and support and more acts of love and support.
        Those are good suggestions.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Ending the Stay at home or Lockdown regulations--nothing else matters until they understand the virus and can INTELLIGENTLY recommend a course of action. Nothing you're offering, the curve, cases or a vaccine mean anything without proper research and a consensus solution by those doing the research. If they can do that in a week--they'll let us know and we can go from there in our efforts to restart society, if it takes a year before they reach that point, stay in for a year.

What's happening now is irresponsible, based on other factors outside understanding the Virus and what it can or cannot do and how it should or should not be handled.

But you know what I was saying-

To Be Clear--you want goalposts--defer to the people doing the research let them study the virus until the have a working understanding and THEY make recommendations about when you return to regular society. keep politicians, economists and GQ Public of of the damn decisions making process and when those doing the work on the virus make recommendations, follow them without changing/ignoring them.
          You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I am thankful I don’t know of anyone in a position of authority who holds your view (except maybe Gov Ige of Hawaii). Even Newsome, Cuomo, Murphy and Wolf are starting to open things up.

Comment

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I am thankful I don’t know of anyone in a position of authority who holds your view (except maybe Gov Ige of Hawaii). Even Newsome, Cuomo, Murphy and Wolf are starting to open things up.
            Again, I don't predicate what I think on economic anything. I am strictly concerned with people's health. If they need money, give it to them. And yes, it can be done, they (those in power and those who think they might one day be in power-see wealth-) just don't want to do it.

PS--we might not be in authority YET, but that day IS coming.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

PS--we might not be in authority YET, but that day IS coming.
              I admire your optimism but I don’t see that happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Hydroxychloroquine found to increase heart problems and mortality in a much larger study of COVID-19 patients. It's as significant an indicator for mortality as being a current smoker.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status...11764287725574
                CBB--I hope you decided against taking this on Trump's recommendation. At the time, you were confident there was no risk, but more evidence continues to come out there there is significant risk. If you are taking it, I hope you consider stopping.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-22-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I wish there was no one in a postion of authority who thinks opening up churches is a good idea. People in close proximity with poor ventilation is a perfect formula for spreading disease.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    CBB--I hope you decided against taking this on Trump's recommendation. At the time, you were confident there was no risk, but more evidence continues to come out there there is significant risk. If you are taking it, I hope you consider stopping.
                    From what I know about Chloroquine and related substances, they should never be taken outside of a doctor's supervision because of the potential fatal effects on heart function. It looks like they do help at least some people recover faster from CV-19 infection, altho I don't know about them making it harder to get infected. So, if Trump is taking them under a doctor's care, I guess that's fine if he wants to but when speaking in public he really should always mention that they're potentially very dangerous and must be taken only under a doctor's orders. Otherwise, he could be potentially putting others at risk unnecessarily.

Comment

• There have been 109,785 new cases worldwide since my update from yesterday, which I believe is a record for 1 day. The US case rate seems to have stabilized, altho it's not decreasing significantly yet. But the world rate seems to be increasing again after appearing to stabilize previously. I'm not sure where most of the surge is coming from but cases continue to surge in Russia, Brazil, India, Peru, Chile, the Middle East (particularly the Arabian peninsula), and Mexico. In particular, things seem to be getting really bad in Brazil.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        There have been 109,785 new cases worldwide since my update from yesterday, which I believe is a record for 1 day. The US case rate seems to have stabilized, altho it's not decreasing significantly yet. But the world rate seems to be increasing again after appearing to stabilize previously. I'm not sure where most of the surge is coming from but cases continue to surge in Russia, Brazil, India, Peru, Chile, the Middle East (particularly the Arabian peninsula), and Mexico. In particular, things seem to be getting really bad in Brazil.
                        Which is interesting considering their president is a science-denying authoritarian just like our beloved bozo.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Which is interesting considering their president is a science-denying authoritarian just like our beloved bozo.
                          Brazil is going to be a surrealistic nightmare, on par with the Terry Gilliam classic Brazil.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• The City of LA is saying they plan to keep the stay at home order in place until there's a cure--prompting the Feds to overstep and try to force them open.

This should be entertaining.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              Brazil is going to be a surrealistic nightmare, on par with the Terry Gilliam classic Brazil.
                              If you've been following what's happening in Tijuana, it's going to be a Covid bomb exploding and killing thousands quickly. They don't have all the numbers because right now the Red Cross is overwhelmed and they're the ones that handle almost all the death records (Mex is almost 2 years behind in these stats) Only the other day they acknowledges they may have missed several hundred covid-109 deaths because they weren't testing those found dead at home or those who died on the way to the hospital. IE: The avg found dead at home/died in transit numbers for the3-4 weeks in questions was about 135, the number from that same time this year (in the middle of TJ exploding with Covid cases) was 345. If you're familiar with Tijuana, you know it's cramped, dirty, lacking facilities and healthcare workers, there are not only the actual residents, but thousands of refugees and homeless all crammed together. Almost 2 million. It's not going to be pretty in this or other cities/countries like this. I feel for them.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I havent taken HCQ in many years but I had an open mind about it and was excited that it could help. I wonder why it was considered safe until now except for rare cases of vision problems? Its at least 65 years old and we just now are discovering it causes heart conditions?
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X