No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Division II & III colleges have cancelled their fall sports due to coronavirus concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      All Division II & III colleges have cancelled their fall sports due to coronavirus concerns.
      They should cancel them all. No amateurs should be out there risking that much and with far less stringent safety measures and testing that we are seeing fail in the pros.

Comment

• During a press conference Wednesday night, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti authorized the city to shut off power and water to properties, including houses and businesses, that are in violation of the city’s coronavirus-related safety measures as a means to “shut these places down permanently.”

“By turning off that power, shutting off that water we feel we can close these places down, which usually are not one-time offenders but multiple-offenders,” Garcetti said.

He noted that local law enforcement officers are having a hard time dealing with gatherings where there are hundreds of people who are “breaking the law.”

“We know we can do this,” Garcetti said, responding to a question about the measure’s legality.

In New York, Governor Andrew Cuomo has authorized local authorities to revoke the business licenses of establishments in violation of these regulations – and regularly posts the names of the offending bars and restaurants.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The 80th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota is expecting 250,000 people for the 10-day event which begins Friday in what could mark the largest public gathering in the US since the onset of the pandemic. Good luck South Dakota.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            The 80th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota is expecting 250,000 people for the 10-day event which begins Friday in what could mark the largest public gathering in the US since the onset of the pandemic. Good luck South Dakota.
            It is nuts this is allowed to happen this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              The 80th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota is expecting 250,000 people for the 10-day event which begins Friday in what could mark the largest public gathering in the US since the onset of the pandemic. Good luck South Dakota.
              everything about this is a bad idea

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                everything about this is a bad idea
                The worst. 250k people from all over the country will travel to one very tightly packed place to drink and have merry before returning to whence the came all across the country. This may become the largest super-spreader event ever. This one event could totally change the course of how fast and far this virus is spreading. My mind is boggled that it is on for this year.

Comment

• Gov. DeWine of Ohio tests positive for coronavirus

Comment

• US now has 5 mil. reported cases .

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      US now has 5 mil. reported cases .
                      I hadn't really looked at stats in a long time. 5 million cases is really a depressing milestone. How could we let this happen ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        I hadn't really looked at stats in a long time. 5 million cases is really a depressing milestone. How could we let this happen ?
                        "We let this happen with our extraordinary testing. We would be around 500,000 or so cases if we just didn't test so beautiful, so perfect. Some people say it's the best testing in the history of tests. The highest rated tests for sure."

-President Donald J. Trump (possibly)-

Comment

How could we let this happen ?
                          I think you know how.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I think you know how.
                            I know, it is just hard to comprehend and/or accept what our country has become
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I know, it is just hard to comprehend and/or accept what our country has become
                              I'm sure this post will not come across how I intended it, but the most enlightening thing about 2020 is just how incredibly dumb large portions of our population are. Seriously just flat dumb. Be it political views that don't make sense, or a lack of basic common sense in wearing a mask. I didn't realize how stupid large portions of the population were. We've now all put our cards down on the table, and it's ugly.

So to me, the question of *how* we let this happen is now self evident. The revelation is how ignorant I was to that reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                "We let this happen with our extraordinary testing. We would be around 500,000 or so cases if we just didn't test so beautiful, so perfect. Some people say it's the best testing in the history of tests. The highest rated tests for sure."

-President Donald J. Trump (possibly)-
                                Ok, now just make a fake video slowing down his speech to make him sound drunk like they did with Pelosi and we have ourselves a political ad to share on FB for millions to believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X