Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    They took down the barricade at the local park. It is now official "skateboarding is not a crime"
    Attached Files
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

They took down the barricade at the local park. It is now official "skateboarding is not a crime"
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• too long, didn't watch
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I disagree
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            I disagree
            i suggest you make a citizens arrest. New life as a bounty hunter
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i suggest you make a citizens arrest. New life as a bounty hunter
              Boba Seitz does have a nice ring to it.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Boba Seitz does have a nice ring to it.
                Fast Dawg the Bounty Hunter as well
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The Big Ten announced it would hold only intra-conference games if the college football season gets off the ground, and the ACC & Pac 12 are expected to shortly follow suit.

Comment

• luckily all the D-I conferences had the foresight to align geographically, limiting the level of travel required

#postfrom2000
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      luckily all the D-I conferences had the foresight to align geographically, limiting the level of travel required

#postfrom2000
                      New Jersey is still pretty far from Nebraska and Wisconsin!

The ACC is as far ranging as Massachusetts to Florida.

#notexactlycloselol

Comment

• Mickey Mouse vs. the Coronavirus - who ya got ?

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          Death rate in the southern states ticked up a little bit around the June 22-23 time frame, but so far has not exploded the way the case count has, or even for that matter reached the peak rates of late April and early May.
                          It looks like death rate is moving up now, sadly. COVID deaths had averaged about 170 per week in Texas from mid-May through mid-June. In the past 7 days there have been 420 COVID deaths recorded in Texas. The previous peak rate in early May was at 239 deaths in a seven-day period. Obviously this is nowhere near the 9000-death week that New York experienced in mid-April, and hopefully no part of the country sees that ever again, but it is similar already to the peak deaths in the New Orleans outbreak in April (467 deaths in Louisiana one week). With hospitalizations still increasing over the past week, this is likely to get worse before it gets better.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• For comparison, motor vehicle fatalities in Texas are historically about 70 per week (although down from that somewhat during the lockdown).

Comment

• And Atlanta Mayor send the city back to Phase one or as it was once known, stay at home lockdown. Of course Georgia Gov dickhead says he won't allow it to be enforced.

I say we hold trials for every politician who went against expert recommendations and put lives at risk/cost lives when this is all said and done. If not in actual courtrooms, in the history books.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Pac-12 also announces an intra-conference only schedule, but WITH a delayed start. And the commissioner of the Pac-12 also tested positive.

I hate to say it, but college football is trending the wrong way and seems like these actions, in this conference and others, is just delaying the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X