Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    I'm one of very few at my job that thinks this is an actual pandemic and not a political stunt to hurt the President. Unreal at this point.
    This is beyond my comprehension. I've seen it too and I can't understand. Are people unwilling to read foreign news? Or do they think Italy is trying to oust Trump by killing their own people? Logically it can only be one of the two.

Comment

Our Governor is not considering a stay at home order, in fact...here in Iowa people flew in from all over the country for a horse auction yesterday. It is almost impossible to get tested here so amazingly our numbers are not as high as some. We are an essential industry so still working. I'm one of very few at my job that thinks this is an actual pandemic and not a political stunt to hurt the President. Unreal at this point.
      Numbers not as high for testing positive, but soon the death toll percentage should be greater than the national average for those communities that are taking it seriously.

Comment

Our Governor is not considering a stay at home order, in fact...here in Iowa people flew in from all over the country for a horse auction yesterday. It is almost impossible to get tested here so amazingly our numbers are not as high as some. We are an essential industry so still working. I'm one of very few at my job that thinks this is an actual pandemic and not a political stunt to hurt the President. Unreal at this point.
        It's very sad that the GOP has become the party of science and reality deniers, thanks to the bozo-in-chief and his propaganda network, Fox News.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          It's very sad that the GOP has become the party of science and reality deniers, thanks to the bozo-in-chief and his propaganda network, Fox News.
          He certainly hasn't helped, but the GOP had a lot of science denying well before Trump.

Comment

• I keep looking at the global charts. It continues to be nuts at how much worse the spread is in the US than other countries doing much better with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I keep looking at the global charts. It continues to be nuts at how much worse the spread is in the US than other countries doing much better with this.
              When half the country believes it's a Democratic Hoax, it's pretty easy to understand!

Comment

When half the country believes it's a Democratic Hoax, it's pretty easy to understand!
                That is part of it, but about 40% of it is in NYC, and most of those folks don't think that. Overall, there are likely many factors, including early denial and poor response, citizen apathy, and poor implementation of preventative measures. Despite all that, it is still hard to believe that we can't get our shit together. It is also frightening to see the graphs continue to spike despite our mitigation efforts. Everything we are doing is supposed to slow this thing, but it isn't happening yet. I hope it does soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  That is part of it, but about 40% of it is in NYC, and most of those folks don't think that. Overall, there are likely many factors, including early denial and poor response, citizen apathy, and poor implementation of preventative measures. Despite all that, it is still hard to believe that we can't get our shit together. It is also frightening to see the graphs continue to spike despite our mitigation efforts. Everything we are doing is supposed to slow this thing, but it isn't happening yet. I hope it does soon.
                  There's also a "this can never happen here" thinking as well, because well, it really never did happen here, for at least 100 years.

The draconian "let's shut down the major cities" was a last ditch resort, which unfortunately happened way too late. That's why Dopey's continuous patting himself on the back for shutting down travel to China is senseless -- it's like he's bragging about how great his field goal was in a 77-3 loss.

Comment

There's also a "this can never happen here" thinking as well, because well, it really never did happen here, for at least 100 years.

The draconian "let's shut down the major cities" was a last ditch resort, which unfortunately happened way too late. That's why Dopey's continuous patting himself on the back for shutting down travel to China is senseless -- it's like he's bragging about how great his field goal was in a 77-3 loss.
                    But Joe Biden criticized that move so it's a win for him in his mind (and surely many of his supporters).
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• CNN anchor Chris Cuomo describes what it is like having the coronavirus:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jared Kushner yesterday said this...

"You also have a situation where in some states FEMA allocated ventilators to the states, and you have instances where in cities they're running out but the state still has a stockpile. And the notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile — it's not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use," Kushner said.

The article below describes how the administration had the text on the site changed to reflect the idiots statement...

"According to a brief online summary on the Department of Health and Human Services website, the stockpile's role "is to supplement state and local supplies during public health emergencies. Many states have products stockpiled, as well."

But hours earlier, the text characterized the stockpile as the "nation's largest supply of life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies for use in a public health emergency severe enough to cause local supplies to run out.""

Last edited by frae; 04-03-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Want to know why you cant find facemasks in the US (and elsewhere)? And also part of the reason China was able to get more control of their CV-19 crisis? Look at this video. The video is very long video but the part about masks is from 4:03-14:34 (the segment actually goes on for quite a few more minutes but you'll get the gist in the first 10 minutes or so). Sorry that I couldn't find a shorter video about this:

We have been getting message after message about foreigners being discriminated against in China. Here's why it's happening. We have been demonetized for 2 m...

Note how thrilled the lady is about being able to profit off being able to buy an entire store out of a product that an entire nation desperately needs to avoid getting sick and dying. Of course, they would have done the same thing w other needed protective supplies also.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Jared Kushner yesterday said this...

"You also have a situation where in some states FEMA allocated ventilators to the states, and you have instances where in cities they're running out but the state still has a stockpile. And the notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile — it's not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use," Kushner said.

The article below describes how the administration had the text on the site changed to reflect the idiots statement...

"According to a brief online summary on the Department of Health and Human Services website, the stockpile's role "is to supplement state and local supplies during public health emergencies. Many states have products stockpiled, as well."

But hours earlier, the text characterized the stockpile as the "nation's largest supply of life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies for use in a public health emergency severe enough to cause local supplies to run out.""

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...remarks-163181
                            It's just amazing that in this time, the biggest crisis in our lifetimes bar none, we're subjected to the likes of a nepotistic bozo and the MyPillow guy.

Comment

It's just amazing that in this time, the biggest crisis in our lifetimes bar none, we're subjected to the likes of a nepotistic bozo and the MyPillow guy.
                              Yep, but we can't forget, our system and a big enough minority of voters, because that is how our system works, led to putting Gilligan in charge of the island. We are reaping what we sowed, and the most infuriating part is that just as many people that voted for him the first time STILL think they made the right choice, even as some of them will die because of that decision.

Comment

• Is the USA prepared to be on lockdown thru late June?

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X