Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Anyone seen rhd? He skipped his regular Monday update and hasn't posted anything since Saturday I believe.
    I'm fine. MIssed the last 2 Monday updates because I've been busy w other stuff. I'll try to to do the next one.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      I'm fine. MIssed the last 2 Monday updates because I've been busy w other stuff. I'll try to to do the next one.
      Good to hear that you are doing well, I get worried when people drop off the grid and I wasn't the reason they left
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Very good article on the pros and cons of different types of CV-19 tests:

Basically, more sensitive tests arent necessarily better. If you're doing widespread community testing because of a significant outbreak, cheaper, faster tests are probably better even tho they might be somewhat less sensitive. And test results dont negate the need to follow preventative precautions.
        Last edited by rhd; 01-14-2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Good to hear that you are doing well, I get worried when people drop off the grid and I wasn't the reason they left
          Thanx for your concern!

Comment

• According to Roylab Stats, the US now has > 400,000 CV-19 deaths . And the world now has > 2,000,000 CV-19 deaths .

Comment

• Another record setting death toll yesterday in the US with nearly 5000 dead. When this all started, I'd hoped that we could manage to keep the deaths under half a million. That hope is long gone now. It's incredible how this keeps accelerating even as the vaccine is starting to get to the most vulnerable. A full roll out cannot come soon enough. But the end won't really be an end as it is increasingly looking like this disease will be endemic.

Comment

• How evil can you get?

And Erdogan is the self-proclaimed protector of Islam.

BTW, the vaccine, Sinovac, was shown by a Brazilian study to be only 50% effective.

Comment

• Just got this terrible email from my golfing buddy:

Been a rough week or so. Kathy and I both tested positive for COVID last week. She’s doing pretty good all in all. Unfortunately, I am not. My situation keeps going from bad to worse. My coughing has gotten much worse, body aches and cramps. Running a fever that peaks out at 104.4 every day! Killer. Then came the shortness of breath. Kath took me to the ER on Saturday night. They released me after a few hours and prescribed a massive cough suppressant. Did zero good. Right back to the the ER last night. This time they ran more thorough tests. Turns out I have pneumonia and they also discovered a blood clot in one of my lungs. So now I’m admitted to the COVID wing of the hospital with all kinds of treatments being done. Ain’t been fun...

Comment

• Gregg,
                    Any idea how you and your wife got it?

We can all presume here that you took plenty of precautions, which is why I'm asking/intruding.

I suspect we could all benefit if there is an extra precaution that could be taken?

and best of luck and prayers to your golf buddy.....
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Gregg,

We can all presume here that you took plenty of precautions, which is why I'm asking/intruding.

I suspect we could all benefit if there is an extra precaution that could be taken?

Because it's infectious and unlike your predictions is and has been something to concerned about for about a year now
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Gregg,

Thank you sir.

No intrusion.

The closest thing we can come to for a theory is that we got it from the dentist office. They use really good protocol. We wait outside until our our appointment. Temperature is taken, everything is wiped down in between patients. Everyone wears masks and clear shields. We our appointments at the same time.

Just recently, we can't help wonder if we may have gotten it from the grocery store. All that would have taken would be to miss wiping down one thing that had the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Thank you sir.

No intrusion.

The closest thing we can come to for a theory is that we got it from the dentist office. They use really good protocol. We wait outside until our our appointment. Temperature is taken, everything is wiped down in between patients. Everyone wears masks and clear shields. We our appointments at the same time.

Just recently, we can't help wonder if we may have gotten it from the grocery store. All that would have taken would be to miss wiping down one thing that had the virus.
                          Theoretically possible to get it from surfaces, but very unlikely. Much more likely respiratory.

Comment

• I have three close family members in the medical field. their mantra at this point is "AIRBORNE" - that's where by far the biggest danger is.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Thank you sir.

No intrusion.

Gah, not what I wanna see when I am taking my 6 year old to his first dental appointment since the pandemic hit. It will be my first visit to a dentist office too, as I canceled my appointment...the tight spaces and the close breathing for a long period of time seemed risky, even though I am sure everyone there is tested frequently. We have been putting it off for awhile now, though, so IDK. Do you think we should cancel again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Gah, not what I wanna see when I am taking my 6 year old to his first dental appointment since the pandemic hit. It will be my first visit to a dentist office too, as I canceled my appointment...the tight spaces and the close breathing for a long period of time seemed risky, even though I am sure everyone there is tested frequently. We have been putting it off for awhile now, though, so IDK. Do you think we should cancel again?
                                I don't really know if it was the dentist. Just seems like it could be.

I will tell you that I had an appointment for a crown on my back molar (no pain) for Jan. 21st. I had to move it out as it conflicts with our Virtual National Sales Meeting. I moved it to the 28th without much concern. Of course that doesn't mean I am making the best decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X