No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny and a high of 61 here on Thursday, so I think we are going to be eating in my brother's backyard. 8 people (brother/SIL/2 kids, my parents, me/rjel wife.

We were back and forth on if the weather didn't cooperate. Maybe 1 hour max in my parents house and most time spent on their patio with a fire pit.

I know we are lucky here in Cali. These options probably don't exist for a lot of the country.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Interesting, we're having some similar discussions but may end up travelling.

What was it about the travel that made you decide not to go?

FWIW we're travelling to the same place we stayed during the initial lockdowns, and quarantining ourselves there if we go - we'd be in a different place, but still being careful like we are here.
      Two things, first. California is in the process of shutting down again--San Diego is already in the top tier of restrictions and they just imposed a non essential business curfew. They don't want people out after 10PM if you can help it. These restrictions are being added daily so--we don't want to get stuck in Vegas should they ban travel fr0om Nevada or make us quarantine upon return.

second, the last time we were in Vegas, they had just opened up and though they were going through the motions of being safe--it was mostly for show and I've gotten reports back from people who've been there recently that everything is pretty much back to business as usual, though with fewer people there which doesn't inspire much confidence regarding our safety.

If you're travelling to family who have been as cautious as you have and not going out of state, you might be a lot safer than we feel we'd be. Don't let our choice impact your happy holiday--hope it all works out for you.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Two things, first. California is in the process of shutting down again--San Diego is already in the top tier of restrictions and they just imposed a non essential business curfew. They don't want people out after 10PM if you can help it. These restrictions are being added daily so--we don't want to get stuck in Vegas should they ban travel fr0om Nevada or make us quarantine upon return.
        Once again, my county has come out and told people they won't be enforcing anything the Governor says.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Once again, my county has come out and told people they won't be enforcing anything the Governor says.
          Yeah, I'm glad I'm in San Diego, they are not only enforcing it, but issuing fines and prosecuting those who openly defy the regulations. Heck, just north in OC, they're saying FU as well--I just can't fathom this selfishness.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yeah, I'm glad I'm in San Diego, they are not only enforcing it, but issuing fines and prosecuting those who openly defy the regulations. Heck, just north in OC, they're saying FU as well--I just can't fathom this selfishness.
            I joked with jen that the cops would be knocking on our doors tonight at 11 and asking us why we were inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I joked with jen that the cops would be knocking on our doors tonight at 11 and asking us why we were inside.
              sit on the porch, it's kind of outside, but still at home--Plausible deniability is key nowadays.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Over 200K new cases today for the first time according to WorldoMeters.

"Only" 198,537 according to NY Times.
                Last edited by rhd; 11-21-2020, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Over 200K new cases today for the first time according to WorldoMeters.
                  Unfortunate, but a national shut down is not at all something we should consider from what I hear. It would be counterproductive
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Unfortunate, but a national shut down is not at all something we should consider from what I hear. It would be counterproductive
                    Fiscally. Probably.

Ethically. Ask someone who's lost a family member to this pandemic.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Fiscally. Probably.

Ethically. Ask someone who's lost a family member to this pandemic.
                      I am just quoting Joe Biden, take it up with him
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Donald Trump Jr. has tested positive for the coronavirus.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I am just quoting Joe Biden, take it up with him
                          I'm banking on the real president, kamala

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Donald Trump Jr. has tested positive for the coronavirus.
                            I actually hate it when prominent people get this, (I hate that anyone gets it) but he will probably be fine and it will prove that covid is just a bad cold.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm banking on the real president, kamala
                              Lol, sure that will be so different

A pretty sad excuse for Biden's lame position any way you want to look at it.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Lol, sure that will be so different

A pretty sad excuse for Biden's lame position any way you want to look at it.
                                Seriously, Biden was elected president he should be responsible for what he says.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X