Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    My daughter tested negative and, other than the rash, is doing better. Thanks for the support fellas!
    I'm glad to hear that.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

My daughter tested negative and, other than the rash, is doing better. Thanks for the support fellas!
      Woo Hoo!! Great news!

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Another new daily cases record for the US on Thursday: 90,446 . I have a feeling this record wont last long.
        Well, it didnt take long. On Friday, the US had 98,859 new cases. That's not only a record for the US, it's the most new cases in a day for any country .

Edit: Revised figures: 99,784 cases
        Last edited by rhd; 11-01-2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Well, it didnt take long. On Friday, the US had 98,859 new cases. That's not only a record for the US, it's the most new cases in a day for any country .
          And according to the (gulp) leader of the free world, doctors inflate covid deaths so they can make some extra bank.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Glad she is doing well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Martyrs to the cause of freedom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Martyrs to the cause of freedom.
                While that's true, once they have the balls to do the same thing with BLM rallies/protests/riots, then I'll be interested.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  While that's true, once they have the balls to do the same thing with BLM rallies/protests/riots, then I'll be interested.
                  They absolutely should, but the big difference obviously is mask usage.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Pretty much every BLM march I've seen has been mostly masked, it's not even a close comparison--Trump has politicized masks and thus--his supporters don;t wear them for spite and to support Covid in Chief. BLM is all about staying alive and thus, masks. And sure--you can find a BLM march with unmasked individuals, but they're again--mostly masked.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      Pretty much every BLM march I've seen has been mostly masked, it's not even a close comparison--Trump has politicized masks and thus--his supporters don;t wear them for spite and to support Covid in Chief. BLM is all about staying alive and thus, masks. And sure--you can find a BLM march with unmasked individuals, but they're again--mostly masked.
                      30,000 protesters mostly masked and crowded together is still a monster super-spreader event.

Comment

30,000 protesters mostly masked and crowded together is still a monster super-spreader event.
                        I can't agree with you brother. First there is NO data that supports your assertion, in fact there's quite a bit that's been published to the contrary--If you have something that links specifically, mostly masked BLM protests to a spike in Covid, please post it. Also, I haven't been able to find any numbers regarding the size of any individual protest or march. Secondly--Comparing those participating in BLM vs Trump rallies, one must take into consideration (or should) The fact that masks prevent over 90% of transmissions so a fraction of unmasked BLMrs vs a Large number of UN masked Trumpers is significant--as is the fact BLM protestors tend to be in the category least affected by Covid while Trumpers are right in Covid's crunch zone. Finally, Almost EVERY BLM event was outside and because of Gas and pepper spray and the like, BLMers were prepped with Masks and ventilation devices and again--Outside--where as more than Half Trumps rallies were INdoors.

It's like this (from my perspective) BLM events vs Covid are like a shark and you swimming in the same Great Lake, while Trumpers vs CV-19 are like you swimming in my pool out back (if I had one)

Peace, stay safe--From Covid AND TX Trumpers.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          I can't agree with you brother. First there is NO data that supports your assertion, in fact there's quite a bit that's been published to the contrary--If you have something that links specifically, mostly masked BLM protests to a spike in Covid, please post it.
                          Of course there's nothing to the contrary - that was my point. None of these researchers dare have the stones to do the research. IF they'd dare publish the most likely outcome, the little Stalinists that run most of our campuses now would try and run them out. Or at least gut their research.

Watch the videos, and there's plenty of protesters who aren't masked. Sure, the percentage is better than a Trump rally - but that's not the point. There were 10k - 30k in a lot of these rallies; even with a 2/3rds mask rate, that's a lot of unmasked protestors.

Comment

Of course there's nothing to the contrary - that was my point. None of these researchers dare have the stones to do the research. IF they'd dare publish the most likely outcome, the little Stalinists that run most of our campuses now would try and run them out. Or at least gut their research.

Watch the videos, and there's plenty of protesters who aren't masked. Sure, the percentage is better than a Trump rally - but that's not the point. There were 10k - 30k in a lot of these rallies; even with a 2/3rds mask rate, that's a lot of unmasked protestors.
                            Trump recently made fun of one of his biggest public supporters in media, Laura Ingraham, for wearing a mask, mocking her as "so PC". He did so on stage at a rally in front of thousands. Fucking moron piece of shit he is.

You have zero ledge to stand on regarding the levels of danger posed by left protests vs Trump rallies. Only one is leading a death march, the other side at least acknowledges scientific reality.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Here are just a few fucking braindead Trump supporters calling Covid a conspiracy. The percentage of Trump supporters that fall into this group of science denying mouth breathing scumbags is much much higher than non-Trump supporters. End of fucking story.

We don't have as large of a proportion of conservatives that are anti-maskers here because our conservative politicians are slightly less stupid than the Trumpy shitheads. It all comes down from the top, Trump is directly responsible for many thousands of deaths. Stop trying to deflect and own it.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                              X