Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I used to watch Alex Jones on late night cable access TV in Austin when I couldn't sleep (and obviously there was nothing else on). I never would have thought then that he would become a national media personality. I still find it hard to comprehend.
    You must have had an IQ of about 190 back then since you're still super smart and watching Alex Jones probably cost you 10-20 points of IQ.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• only hopeful thing I've seen recently regarding covid-19:

“Models show that if 80 percent of people wear masks that are 60 percent effective, easily achievable with cloth, we can get to an effective R0 of less than one. That’s enough to halt the spread of the disease.”
      The Atlantic - The real reason to wear a mask

Article mentions that N95 mask should be worn by immuno-compromised, but that should also add a cloth covering to prevent transmission to others.

Based on a link to the study, here are contributors to the submitted academic paper
      • Anne W. Rimoin: Professor, Department of Epidemiology; Director, UCLA Center for Global and Immigrant Health; Director, UCLA-DRC Health Research and Training Program
      • Christina Ramirez: Professor of Biostatistics, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health; Specializes in infectious disease and machine learning; worked on modeling the effects of masks
      • Larry Chu: Professor of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine and Director of the Stanford Anesthesia Informatics and Media (AIM) Lab. Executive Director of Stanford Medicine X, the world's most-discussed academic program on emerging technology and medicine.
      • Zdimal Vladimir: Head of Department of Aerosols Chemistry and Physics; Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals of the CAS
      • Zeynep Tufekci: Associate Professor, UNC School of Information and Library Science; Adjunct Professor, Department of Sociology; Writer: The Atlantic and NY Times), including Why Telling People They Don’t Need Masks Backfired
      • Lex Fridman: research scientist at MIT, works on autonomous vehicles & applications of deep learning in human robot interaction.
      • Amy Price: Senior Research Scientist, Stanford AIM Lab; Stanford Covid-19 Evidence Service; Editor: British Medical Journal (BMJ)
      • Lei-Han Tang: Professor, Hong Kong Baptist University, Beijing Computational Science Research Center
      • Zhiyuan Li: Professor, Center for Quantitative Biology, Peking University; research in quantitative modeling of biological networks and bioinformatics; worked on the toy model of the mask-wearing effect.
      • Helene-Mari van der Westhuizen: Researcher at Oxford University, Department of Primary Health Care Sciences, studies strategies for TB infection control in high burden settings; co-founder of TB Proof, which focuses on preventing Tuberculosis transmission in healthcare facilities and reducing TB stigma.
      • Austin Huang: lead an applied ML team at Fidelity. PhD from Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, researched HIV at Brown and worked on drug development at Pfizer R&D. Developing the Hasktorch library to advance functional programming for machine learning.
      • Danny Hernandez: research scientist at OpenAI. Works on measuring and forecasting AI progress and has expertise on making judgement based forecasts given weak evidence.
      • Gregory Watson: Researcher at UCLA Center for Health Policy Research
      • Arne von Delft: University of Cape Town; Co-founder of TB Proof
      • Frederik Questier: Professor at Vrije Universiteit Brussel; Founder of Open Patent Office
      • Reshama Shaikh: Statistician; worked on clinical trials at pharmaceutical companies including Pfizer, Merck and Teva. Founder: Data Umbrella
      • Christina Bax: University of Pennsylvania
      • Viola Tang: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• This Plandemic video on YouTube has caused quite the stir. So tired of the conspiracy theories out there...
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
          This Plandemic video on YouTube has caused quite the stir. So tired of the conspiracy theories out there...
          It's since been removed.

Another victim of the deep state
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            It's since been removed.

Another victim of the deep state
            Another whack job who can crawl.back into the hole she came out of.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              This Plandemic video on YouTube has caused quite the stir. So tired of the conspiracy theories out there...
              I sometimes have too many plans also.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 5/7 at 7:46 AM, exactly 3 days ago:

- 1,347,318 cases in US, up from 1.263,243, a 6.7% increase, which is a slightly larger increase than last time (6.3%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 33.5 days. The new cases for this period were 84,075 compared to 74,421 for last time, for a ratio of 1.13, which is much higher than last time (0.80) but a comparison w the figure from 2 periods ago gives a more accurate picture. The new cases for 2 periods ago was 93,522 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 0.90, which is about the same as last time (0.88).
                - 80,040 deaths in US, up from 74,809, a 7.0% increase which is a much smaller increase than last time (9.0%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 27 days. At this rate, the US projects to hit 100,000 deaths by about May 19. The US mortality rate is now 5.94%, up slightly from 5.92%.
                - 4,126,075 cases worldwide, up from 3,843,318, a 7.4% increase which is about the same increase as last time (7.2%). The new cases for this period were 282,757 compared to 257,890 for last time, for a ratio of 1.10 which is higher than last time (1.00) but a comparison w the figure from 2 periods ago gives a more accurate picture. The new cases for 2 periods ago was 257,758 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 1.10, which is higher than last time (1.05).
                - 280,958 deaths worldwide, up from 265,626, a 5.8% increase which is a smaller increase than last time (6.7%). The world mortality rate is 6.81%, down from 6.91%. Italy's mortality rate is 13.93%, up from 13.84%, Belgium's is 16.31%, down slightly from 16.37%, Spain's is 10.06%, down from 10.15%, France's is 14.89%, up slightly from 14.82%, UK's is 14.67%, down from 14.96%, Germany's is 4.41%, up from 4.33% and Canada's is 6.81%, up from 6.54%.
                - 217 countries/territories/etc. have confirmed cases w suspected cases in 2 others (North Korea, Turkmenistan). There are only 11 countries, 10 of which are South Pacific Island republics, that have neither reported nor have suspected cases: Lesotho, Kiribati, Marshall Is., Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Is., Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. The vast majority of countries have at least 1 death, w Vietnam having the most cases w no reported deaths, 288.

Rates of increase were about the same and new cases rate was about the same for the US but up for the world. Cases continue to surge in Russia, Brazil, Peru, India, Belarus and the Middle East.

Comment

• people can have details wrong and she's a wack job. but this viruses and the way it happened and spread, it really doesn't happen naturally like this.

where's your intermediate host? where is it? a virus will give you a warning. it's says here i am! way before it just pops up and becomes uncontainable. if you don't know this stuff like people that do use your common sense. this doesn't happen naturally yet.

you would've been having to be covering episodes happening naturally in nature for 20 years at minimum, with no-one noticing. people just don't want to face the truth. it's not like i cry wolf very often about conspiracy stuff. i think i have a pretty solid record against that sort of thing. i am absolutely 95% sure about this. and i haven't changed. i've become less reliable but i've always been against conspiracy theories. i am a man of science. i educated myself accordingly. i am from the old school.

nature would never attack you like this, this suddenly. she'll give you plenty of warning first. all things put together, it's not naturally, it's not theoretically, not's not philosophically, it's not naturally scientifically possible for what happened to happen. there's only on conclusion, it escaped.

it's important to know this because you need to know how dangerous it is.

take the last pandemic H1N1 for example. it wasn't a new virus. it affected young people more than older people. that was because older people still have antibodies and had encountered it before. even in 1918. we knew H1N1 had been around for decades. we knew it would emerge again someday. a virus just doesn't pop up and spread like this with no warning.

SHOW ME THE INTERMEDIATE HOST. the people you trust are lying to you guys. i am not going to deny it this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                    i gotta stop going on those drunken rants.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le_r...re=emb_rel_end at 20:30 they cite a research paper from the researchers at the lab focusing on the ACE2 receptor, but what caught my eye was the HIV part. the video was put up april 7th so i don't think the questions of the furin enzyme gene were being discussed a lot yet. and the people in the video missed that part themselves even though it was right in front of them. i looked up the paper to see what the citation meant by https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7086629/ so i had to look at another paper this is all around 2010. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...MC2258702/#r37 and finally still trying to track it down https://www.jbc.org/content/280/33/29588.full
                    Preparation of HIV-1 Pseudotyped Viruses—HIV-luc/SARS-pseudotyped viruses were generated as described previously (23, 24). Briefly, 10 μg of pNL.4.3.Luc.E–R– (HIV-luc) (25) and 10 μg of S gene or its mutant-expressing plasmids were co-transfected into 2 Χ 106 293T cells by the standard calcium phosphate precipitation method
                    i wondered what they mean by pseudovirus. bats have most of the coronavirus genes but not the HIV furin cleavage site ones i mentioned in a few posts before where the guy from virological org said it's doubtful a gene jockey would do that. so it's my understanding the HIV part which as mentioned is found naturally in a rat coronavirus and a bird influenza and in HIV itself and probably SIV. so we have to find the animal host that has the HIV-like furin enzyme that got infected with the ACE2 coronavirus and then passed it to humans. because unless there is a bat that has both types of infection routes, and there may be, we assume C19 didn't jump straight from bats to humans. but we haven't found the intermediate host yet.

but what we have found is a potential looking smoking gun where researchers at the wuhan lab inserted the HIV like furin enzyme into a coronavirus with an ACE2. potentially bypassing the need for a intermediate host.

it's completely plausible that many people are missing this specific part. the research papers are right there. or at least i hope they talk about it and explain it. why this evidence does or doesn't apply.
                    post 1767 there's my evidence. where's your guys evidence this happened naturally? show me where it is.

i just proved something, but all you guys are doing is trying to disprove something. anyone can disprove things, with no scientific evidence. i showed you the science.

Comment

• if i was China right now i would be trying to fabricate an intermediate host. i don't even know if that is possible.

Comment

• you guys can't even think about the ramifications if it were possible to fabricate an intermediate host to cover the first mistake. you'd be spreading the disease even more. you'd be infecting animals that weren't infected with it before just to cover your ass. you'd be creating so many different vectors and chances of genetic drift. one mistake leads to an even worse one. this is what i do, i sit around and think about what if scenarios. look at all the possibilities and determine which one is most likely to happen.

lets look at this logically. for China to prove it didn't escape we need to

1) find the intermediate host
                        2) or find a bat with both the HIV and ACE2 protien.
                        3) establish either of the above have been interacting with humans for a reasonable amount of time without anyone noticing

if no host is found, can you fabricate one

1) you'd be infecting wild animals and would need to create many multiple instances and vectors.
                        2) the virus would need time to mutate in these vectors, so you would have a natural look of the genetic drift.
                        3) preferably it would be in either a mouse or bird or both. or a bat.
                        4) who is in charge of these things, well, the W.H.O. unfortunately they seem to be run by CHINA.
                        5) is any of this at all possible? look at it logically, it's not the crime it's always the cover up where you get caught.
                        6) i don't think it's actually scientifically possible. you could do it, but everyone would be able to tell.
                        7) so if we do find the so-called holy grail and discover the intermediate host or primary host with all 4 infection routes, only then can we be certain this is natural.

fuck guys, even Fauci wouldn't give you this much information.
                        Last edited by ; 05-10-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• it's frustrating that you guys don't understand that a virus can't just change a few genes overnight in nature and start spreading like wildfire. it takes a long time for something like this to develop. and in today's world, something like that doesn't go unnoticed. this is real science.

Comment

• obviously i win at the game Plague inc every time. after 2 games i had it mastered. the secret to that game is to develop infection with harmless traits. make it so it can survive cold and then warmth if you want but warmth is not really necessary. understand the timing, even if it appears harmless, when the world gets alarmed about it.

i don't even build up antibiotic resistance to prevent a cure, all you have to do is create enough infectious vectors, you don't even have to worry about places like Iceland. just keep your finger over the Hemorrhagic mutations. once you infect enough people then unleash the Hemorrhagic stuff. kills the entire world every time without fail.

but you see that's unnatural. Ebola is not airbourne. it's just a game. it's only something that can happen theoretically. C19 is only something that can happen theoretically. in what if scenarios.

sadly this is the first time something like this happened, but it certainly won't be the last. that's what this has proved. crispr technology is just starting and you just got a taste of it backfiring. the next time will be even worse. but there is nothing the world can do except march to our inevitable fate. we are destroyers of worlds. nature just gives us enough rope and says good luck.

Comment

• it's hard to accept. i get it. you live by experience. this is a new experience. we are having a hard time accepting it. you want to say it has to be natural, anything else would be a conspiracy theory because, like me, we don't accept that stuff. but law of averages, eventually one of them is going to turn out to be true.

you are living in this moment right now. it's earth shattering. but it was and is bound to happen eventually through laws of averages. you can't keep shaking a stick at a tiger and keep getting away with it.

what ever way you guys can come to acceptance of the massive thing that just happened to everyone in the world, you'll find your own perspective. and i hope everyone is able to find some peace with the participation.

Comment

• i sound like a cult leader. do you ever have those moments where you say this is the one thing i am worried about; or this is the one thing i am trying to prevent from happening.

during the summer i walked the pitbull boxer every day. sometimes for hours. but always on a leash. so i play the long game with animals. eventually i knew i would be walking him off a leash, i just didn't find where yet. after 4 months i found a place. a golf course with tons of woods. i would take him there almost every day. and then one day, i let him off the leash. i trained him for 4 months for this moment. and it worked, every day we went back there and i now was tutoring him to be off a leash but stay close. eventually he developed a new behavior where he would run back to me and grab my legs as i walked with him, and pull me like if to say come on. i taught that dog skills to bond. pulled him out of the animal world more to ours.

well, one day walking in the woods i lost him. he was right there and then the woods were so thick when i called my voice played tricks on him and he ran the wrong way. i frantically ran through the woods calling for him. it got desperate. i am like omg i lost him. this was the one thing i was trying to prevent. after 10 or more minutes i decided to go back the way we came. i thought, if i was him, i would run until i found something familiar. he must have run for 3 miles at full speed and found the entrance, the way we drive in. and then doubled back. and as i ran out of the woods towards the car he came running up. he was exhausted. he had cuts and scraps all over his body running full speed. he had a thorn in his lip. lucky i had water with me, and i had him lay in the grass and held his head and let him drink water. i was pretty worried before like having to tell the RV guy i lost his dog.

the main reason i was trying to prevent that from happening was from giving him dreams of losing me since someday i had to give the dog back someday. but it's law of averages. walking him off a leash so much eventually it was going to happen. the RV guy never noticed the cuts and scrapes on him and i never told him about it. it was just between me and the brindle pitbull-boxer. i still have pictures of him on my phone. the perfect dog. he was my student for 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X