Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another GOP Senator has to go:
    The Georgia Republican, appointed in January, made big trades as the crisis worsened after an initial selloff last month that sparked allegations of illegal insider trading.

Enough if the partisan BS—kick her out now

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Tests came back today (much quicker that first thought). They came back negative. She does NOT have the virus. I am very happy for this news.
      woot!
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        Another GOP Senator has to go:
        The Georgia Republican, appointed in January, made big trades as the crisis worsened after an initial selloff last month that sparked allegations of illegal insider trading.

And let the trial begin. She should be in prison.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Tests came back today (much quicker that first thought). They came back negative. She does NOT have the virus. I am very happy for this news.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            Another GOP Senator has to go:

Those "multiple 3rd party advisors" must have been pretty prescient to sell all those companies and buy DuPont! Let's ask them, if they were given inside info they could get barred from the industry. That will get an answer pretty quickly.

Comment

• Thank you all!

Comment

• Six days ago we were discussing the case-fatality ratio, which at the time in the US was sitting at 1.5%. Now it's up to 2.2%. Cases are 2.5x what they were then, but deaths are 3.6x.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Six days ago we were discussing the case-fatality ratio, which at the time in the US was sitting at 1.5%. Now it's up to 2.2%. Cases are 2.5x what they were then, but deaths are 3.6x.
                    Right, I was expecting the ratio to come up as our case count started stabilizing more - although it's still increasing, the rate of increase has dropped off (outside of yesterday which looks like an anomaly compared to the curve).

When the daily new cases count stabalizes, you'll see your actual case-fatality ratio come into focus.

Comment

• Dan Goldberg
                      @DanCGoldberg
                      ·
                      18m
                      The hardest hit neighborhood in the hardest hit city in the hardest hit country is called Corona, Queens. — If you wrote that in a novel, the publisher would take it out
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Adam Schlesinger, bassist and co-founder of Fountains of Wayne, died from coronavirus.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Adam Schlesinger, bassist and co-founder of Fountains of Wayne, died from coronavirus.
                          Wow, he was pretty young, early 50s. I wonder if he had an underlying condition.
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-01-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Encouraging herd immunity still being promoted....

The @USNavy should encourage herd immunity for crews on aircraft carriers in the western Pacific, rather than quarantine sailors ashore who need to be ready for action in the South China Sea, a defense expert and ex Navy warship captain said Wednesday.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Encouraging herd immunity still being promoted....

The @USNavy should encourage herd immunity for crews on aircraft carriers in the western Pacific, rather than quarantine sailors ashore who need to be ready for action in the South China Sea, a defense expert and ex Navy warship captain said Wednesday.
                              Absurd. If we were at war, I could see making this decision. Given the ages and fitness level of the crews, the risk is relatively minimal, but there is no reason to take that risk at all given that we are not at war and won't be at war. None, despite the 100s of billions a year we spend "just in case." . Also, there is risk that the virus could spread to others--what is the plan, keep them on the ship until everyone gets it? And no way the ship would be properly equipped in case several cases go critical.

Comment

• Interesting breakdown from Fauci about his interactions with each president. He says he never interacted with Trump in the three years before this and you can tell Trump exacerbates him. His friendship with Bush senior and praise for W. Bush stands out.

I've expressed before my conflicted views on W. I don't think he was a brilliant guy, and I think, largely because of the Iraq War, he was one of our worst presidents. On the other hand, I had respect for his character and earnestness. I don't think he was a bad guy, just a bad president. Fauci reminds me, though, of the great work he did in providing $3 billion in aids funding, developing PEPFAR. Fauci claims that move ended up saving millions of lives, and was one of the most important things any president has ever done. That one move saves his legacy. He cared and he sought a way to help. It seems like every president before this one touched base with Fauci about some matter of public health before Trump came along and ghosted him, until this pandemic. He called H.W Bush a good friend. Seemed tepid on Clinton, and emphasized was an easy going and good person Obama was.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...seO?li=BBnbcA1

Comment

Working...
                                X