Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Any time out of the house seems really enjoyable now. Unless it is grocery shopping and then it seems like a death trap (ok, not really that bad, but a little stressful).
    My wife basically prohibited me from doing anything other than curbside pickup. So we've been using the delivery groceries. Fortunately, she barely sleeps so she's able to grab those slots at like 1230 AM when new times open up.

Comment

• I try to stay positive, but this is just a confirmation of what many of us have said/feared--the real death tolls are likely much higher than the official ones, across the world, and in the US, due to lack of testing, and the fact that some people who have it test negative: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...SIa?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• In D list celebrity news, Dr. Drew, long a vocal voice of misinformation downplaying the virus, has done a full 180, saying he was wrong. Better late than never in admitting being wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          My wife basically prohibited me from doing anything other than curbside pickup. So we've been using the delivery groceries. Fortunately, she barely sleeps so she's able to grab those slots at like 1230 AM when new times open up.
          "Fortunately she barely sleeps." I admire your positive attitude !!
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I honestly can't comprehend why anyone would be rationalizing why any state should not be shut down at this point. Maybe i will be proven to be an alarmist. I hope so, but not true to this point
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

"Fortunately she barely sleeps." I admire your positive attitude !!
              I've never seen anyone who is a lighter sleeper than my wife. I fell asleep on the couch last night, and woke up at 4 am. I come up to bed and she appears fast asleep but then just pops up and says "oh, what time is it? Did you fall asleep on the couch again?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                I've never had the flu (nor a flu shot), and the only "sick days" I've ever taken/needed were 3 for a sore hip from hiking (after 25 years or so without one, mainly I wanted to get "the streak" monkey off my back) and 5 for a hernia operation (which apparently is not a lot).

I have tap water, and am not interested in any of the rest of the items (wait, you do have toilet paper in there, lol).

pardon me if I skip the whole panic thing. carry on.
                Just in case anyone thinks listening to Jude is a good idea at this point. Don't panic anyone, nothing to see here
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Just in case anyone thinks listening to Jude is a good idea at this point. Don't panic anyone, nothing to see here
                  He was really dialed in wasn't he. No need buy supplies and plan to stay at home for an extended time !
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher
                    Thanks to JJ, that guy really knew what was headed our way. Glad he warned us. We are so lucky we know him
                    Don't feel left out--he hasn't addressed anything I've said and only mentioned me to parse my posts in support of his BS.

But maybe I don't communicate the way he does even though I'm fluent in BS.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Why is Wisconsin still holding a primary tomorrow that includes an in-person voting option?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                          Why is Wisconsin still holding a primary tomorrow that includes an in-person voting option?
                          because there are actions in the state house by one party to insist the show goes on tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            because there are actions in the state house by one party to insist the show goes on tomorrow
                            ‘We are hoping to hold it on that date if we possibly can’— Gov. Evers.
                            ETA- looks like there are races for judges, county executives and referendums on th eballot as well. It’s not just a primary. Makes it more complicated than the others that postponed.
                            ETA2- still a bad look for the GOP more so than Evers. Tough circumstances to plow thru, but they should have tried harder find a workable solutiion.
                            Last edited by nots; 04-06-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              Uh, not entirely. Gov. Evers was pushing for an in-person election as recently as early last week, after getting crushed in the press and many of his own party, finally changed course and attempted to add a six-day extension to absentee voting. And shortly thereafter, attempt to eliminate in-person voting. Gov. Evers mistake was not moving the date once the Stay-at-Home emergency order was issued; that appears to have been within his authority. But he did not have the authority to change HOW voting occurred, based on my reading of my favorite governmental legal expert in the state.

Now, you are correct that the GOP-led House in Wisconsin killed that due to a combination of political animus (the Speaker and Governor detest one another, like to a Hamilton-Burr level) and political calculus (the GOP knows they have more in-person voters than the Dems). There's only one race that matters, and that's for State Supreme Court, so I have little doubt Justice Kelly was pushing for in-person voting hard.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Links, we disagree with this one? I cant disagree with ones posted, as there arent any. But Evers previously called for state to mail a ballot to every registered voter, a seemingly reasonable position when in the middle of a pandemic. But gop legislature shot it down. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ry-on-tuesday/

Most concerning, and predictable, is the shortage of poll workers as outlined in article. More than 60 percent of areas have shortage,and 100 of the states municipalities do not have ANY poll workers ready to go for tomorrow. This means that for instance, Milwaukee, which normally has 180 polling places, will have 5. You think the crowding that will be forced to take place can be reconciled with CDC guidelines against crowds?

Comment

Working...
                                X