No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday, my youngest daughter broke out in a nasty rash and has had a fever and other symptoms so her pediatrician recommended we get her tested. It's unlikely, but keeping fingers crossed.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Yesterday, my youngest daughter broke out in a nasty rash and has had a fever and other symptoms so her pediatrician recommended we get her tested. It's unlikely, but keeping fingers crossed.
      I hope all is good. Let us know how it goes.

We have tested our 3 year old for it a couple of times, just to be safe. A pediatrician friend of ours has reminded us that COVID has not done away with all the other stuff kids get and most of the fevers and rashes and stuff she deals with, still, is from other things.

Comment

Yesterday, my youngest daughter broke out in a nasty rash and has had a fever and other symptoms so her pediatrician recommended we get her tested. It's unlikely, but keeping fingers crossed.
        yikes!
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          All the info I've seen so far on CV-19 antibody immunity is that it lasts only for a few weeks, no more than about 3 months. The video I posted a link for above says that it lasts 2 months. What is uncertain is how much T-cell immunity people have that provides significant protection from CV-19 infection. A study showed that many people have CV-19 T-cell immunity that they acquired from prior exposure to other coronaviruses, notably SARS which was from 17 years ago. So T-cell immunity lasts for years. T-cell immunity provides protection because the T-cells know how to make new antibodies to fight CV-19. The fact that the world has had almost 44.3 mil. CV-19 infections but only an extremely small handful of documented reinfections indicates to me that there is some immunity that people have that lasts a lot longer than a few weeks or months. What appears uncertain is whether this immunity is all or mostly from prior exposure to other coronaviruses or whether exposure to CV-19 also gives you T-cell immunity.
          ah, good stuff. thanks
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Sounds like when my kid had roseola. Hopefully that's all it is.

Both my boys got tested 2 weeks ago. The first one had a slight fever, so we got him tested. What really freaked us out was when my older one felt dizzy and coughing and the doctor seemed more concerned about the covid test that she wouldn't just do the rapid test. That was negative too, fortunately, but not a fun 48 hours waiting for the result.

Comment

Hoping that it's nothing serious. Pls keep us informed.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Thanks!

Per the perspective part, it's prevalent in the media - an example, from the WSJ: https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-euro...ng-11594921596
                That article is from July and back then, that was my perspective, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  Sounds like when my kid had roseola. Hopefully that's all it is.

Both my boys got tested 2 weeks ago. The first one had a slight fever, so we got him tested. What really freaked us out was when my older one felt dizzy and coughing and the doctor seemed more concerned about the covid test that she wouldn't just do the rapid test. That was negative too, fortunately, but not a fun 48 hours waiting for the result.
                  Thanks everyone. I looked up Roseola and her red spots have all grown much larger so I don't think it's that. No breathing issues thankfully and her fever is responding to meds. But yes, very nerve wracking.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• OK, here's a little more clarity on the issue of whether exposure to CV-19 alone is likely to provide long-term, T-cell immunity. This is another video from one of my favorite people on this subject, Dr. John Campbell (this one's only 6 mins):

He says that because CV-19 is very similar to the SARS virus and because there was long-term, T-cell immunity w SARS, he thinks that there also is likely to be long-term immunity w CV-19. Not only that, but he also said that in the AstraZeneca vaccine trials, they've found that the vaccine raised a memory-T-cell response. Very good news!

Comment

• Another new daily cases record for the US on Thursday: 90,446 . I have a feeling this record wont last long.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        Another new daily cases record for the US on Thursday: 90,446 . I have a feeling this record wont last long.
                        It's okay though, cuz the president's son said the over 5,600 new deaths we had last week are "almost nothing" so we need to stop worrying about this virus.

"Donald Trump Jr. said COVID-19 deaths had fallen to "almost nothing" after more than 5,600 coronavirus fatalities were reported over the past week, adding to more than 220,000 existing COVID-19 deaths.

"I went through the CDC because I kept hearing about new infections. I was like well why aren't they talking about deaths? Oh, because the number is almost nothing. Because we've gotten control of this thing, we understand how it works.

"They have the therapeutics to be able to deal with this. If you look at that, look at my Instagram, it's gone to almost nothing. We're outperforming Europe in a positive way. So well, because we've gotten a hold of this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...hSh?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• My daughter tested negative and, other than the rash, is doing better. Thanks for the support fellas!
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

My daughter tested negative and, other than the rash, is doing better. Thanks for the support fellas!
                            That's great news.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              That's great news.
                              Wonderful to hear!
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

My daughter tested negative and, other than the rash, is doing better. Thanks for the support fellas!
                                Glad to hear!

Comment

Working...
                                X