No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure these things are not the norm and just get more press, which make them seem more common, but I can't help but get annoyed when I see stuff like this. A coronavirus party in my old stomping grounds of Louisville, KY, because of course. I'm kinda on board with CBB's idea of not letting young people who catch the virus this way get first crack at ventilators and other medical care.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/yo...ed/ar-BB11G1KI

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I'm thinking it ends up between 1-2%, depending on how quickly we can get ventilators and other essential life-saving equipment made, and how much we can flatten the curve.
      Initially the WHO estimated 2% on Jan 29, and they later updated it to 3.4% on March 3rd. I'd be surprised if we ended up under 2%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Initially the WHO estimated 2% on Jan 29, and they later updated it to 3.4% on March 3rd. I'd be surprised if we ended up under 2%.
        Yeah, worldwide, it will be higher. I know the US was horribly unprepared for this, but it is still hard for me to wrap my head around a country with our resources to have a mortality rate that high. Maybe though. Lots of risk factors here.

Comment

Yeah, worldwide, it will be higher. I know the US was horribly unprepared for this, but it is still hard for me to wrap my head around a country with our resources to have a mortality rate that high. Maybe though. Lots of risk factors here.
          Considering that it looks like the US will be the absolute worst at containing the virus, I don't see any reason to believe that the US will be better than average in mortality rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Considering that it looks like the US will be the absolute worst at containing the virus, I don't see any reason to believe that the US will be better than average in mortality rate.
            Yeah, unfathomable that we have to rely on state and local governments in this effort.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Yeah, unfathomable that we have to rely on state and local governments in this effort.
              When you consider the occupant in the White House, it's not surprising at all.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Pulled it out of my ass to align with what "feels right" to me. Seriously. I wish I had a source.
                It will be interesting to watch San Marino. .6% of their population already has it. As that number goes up we can potentially find the upper bounds (if cases goes over 10% then obviously they can't have 10x unreported).

Comment

• Prince Charles & Jackson Browne among those to announce they have tested positive for the disease.

Comment

• The new bill has $150 billion in funds for hospitals, including 49 billion for equipment. That should do a lot, so it will come down to how fast that money can be converted to the right things in the right places.

Comment

• Was just talking to my buddy who is an ER doctor in Brooklyn. He was saying they are almost out of ventilators but supposed to get more today through Elon Musk’s donation. He said rooms are basically full there. Was saying they might end up using tents to house overflow patients.

Comment

The new bill has $150 billion in funds for hospitals, including 49 billion for equipment. That should do a lot, so it will come down to how fast that money can be converted to the right things in the right places.
                        That's good news.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          Was just talking to my buddy who is an ER doctor in Brooklyn. He was saying they are almost out of ventilators but supposed to get more today through Elon Musk’s donation. He said rooms are basically full there. Was saying they might end up using tents to house overflow patients.
                          I saw tents set up at the walk-in by my job today. It is still in the 30s here today, though, so unless they have heaters, it won't be a good set up.

Comment

I saw tents set up at the walk-in by my job today. It is still in the 30s here today, though, so unless they have heaters, it won't be a good set up.
                            There are so many homeless tents in Seattle, makes me wonder what is being done, or what can be done to inform or protect. Our large prison population is also at high risk.
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              There are so many homeless tents in Seattle, makes me wonder what is being done, or what can be done to inform or protect. Our large prison population is also at high risk.
                              San Diego is using the Convention center to help with some of the homeless during the Covid-19 pandemic.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                San Diego is using the Convention center to help with some of the homeless during the Covid-19 pandemic.
                                I hope they have a good plan for keeping people separated. Just feels like there is no easy or good answer.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X