Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    If what’s ok in a week or in a year? A vaccine, zero cases, flattening the curve? What?
    We just need to move on with the essential parts of life and try to keep the olds and sick as safe as we can. In my neighborhood, a few of us on each street have made grocery/pharmacy runs for our older neighbors. We've tried to teach them how to order everything for pick up or delivery, unfortunately thats been an uphill battle. We've tried to teach them that right now they need to be safe, wear a mask, dont get close to anyone, etc. That may sound obvious but it seems like anyone over 70 starts a mental decline that makes it very hard for them to adapt. I'm not sure a mask helps much but at least we're trying. I try to meet with everyone outside so the chance of infection is greatly reduced.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      I havent taken HCQ in many years but I had an open mind about it and was excited that it could help. I wonder why it was considered safe until now except for rare cases of vision problems? Its at least 65 years old and we just now are discovering it causes heart conditions?
      It's usually not taken unless prescribed and it's side affects taken into consideration by a physician. Taking it of your own volition, without a doctors recommendation requires that the general public be warned about all possibilities regardless of how remote the chances.

It's the same reason they put--Do Not Drink--labels on a bottle of bleach--it's just needed for some folks.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
        The problem is whichever side you're on, you view the opposite as sheep. I'm so tired of that.

Churches should be doing everything they can to limit the spread of the virus. They should be looking to see how the can support and show love to their neighbors. Instead of coming together as a big group, they should be saying, hey church, go over to Joe's Bar and Grill and order take out. Tell Joe your from X Church and we love him and hope he find success. Hey church, let's get a couple people to go help mow the lawn of the entire block of Jan's neighborhood. Tell them you're from X church and we love them, and hope they have a blessed day. and more acts of love and support and more acts of love and support.
        I saw the report that churches were limited to 10 people but restaurants could have 50 people. Does that make sense?

In much of the country couldn't churches move services outside on the lawn? With some sort of covering of course.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          We just need to move on with the essential parts of life and try to keep the olds and sick as safe as we can. In my neighborhood, a few of us on each street have made grocery/pharmacy runs for our older neighbors. We've tried to teach them how to order everything for pick up or delivery, unfortunately thats been an uphill battle. We've tried to teach them that right now they need to be safe, wear a mask, dont get close to anyone, etc. That may sound obvious but it seems like anyone over 70 starts a mental decline that makes it very hard for them to adapt. I'm not sure a mask helps much but at least we're trying. I try to meet with everyone outside so the chance of infection is greatly reduced.
          I guess the point of contention is what are the "essential" parts of life. A Haircut? In Person Church? Working out in a Gym? Bellying up to a bar full of people in close proximity?

From many people's perspective these ARE essential, to others--they are not and therein lies the rub.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• A roughly $21 million Brooklyn field hospital authorized by the de Blasio administration at the height of the coronavirus pandemic opened and closed without ever seeing one patient, according to ci…

Comment

• a lot better mistake than putting sick seniors in nursing homes.

Comment

• And your point is? The USNS Comfort, also berthed in NYC and used to great fanfare by our beloved bozo, treated all of 182 patients in a month before leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  And your point is? The USNS Comfort, also berthed in NYC and used to great fanfare by our beloved bozo, treated all of 182 patients in a month before leaving.
                  This is just the latest of his posts that imply a global conspiracy that he is too afraid to speak explicitly on (at least this one isn't just some random youtuber videotaping outside his local clinic). It is clear at this point he believes that this pandemic is not real or it is at least way overblown, though he lacks the courage of that conviction to actually state his belief and defend it. He, like so many who believe this, fail to provide logical motivations for world leaders to shut everything down for a fake or overblown pandemic. My favorite reason, that highlights how people will refuse to believe the obvious and favor instead the absurd, is the QAnon belief that all of this was orchestrated by Trump as part of his noble efforts to weed out the global elite pedophile ring. He has forced them to ground with this fake pandemic news, and now can go get them....any day now.

Comment

• I'm not one to defend CBB, but if he's actually shopping for his elderly neighbors, then that tells me he is taking this seriously and is a better person than his RJ persona.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Here's what the media can face on a "normal" day...this is rural Minnesota. The reporter is a decent guy trying to cover a story about a bar defying the Governor's orders to stay closed. In a generalized sense, this shows the divide between individuals and groups...none of these people would likely have acted as they did that day had they been alone. Hopefully, they feel some shame if they see this.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Here's what the media can face on a "normal" day...this is rural Minnesota. The reporter is a decent guy trying to cover a story about a bar defying the Governor's orders to stay closed. In a generalized sense, this shows the divide between individuals and groups...none of these people would likely have acted as they did that day had they been alone. Hopefully, they feel some shame if they see this.

Unfortunately, I think they're more likely to feel emboldened than ashamed.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          This is just the latest of his posts that imply a global conspiracy that he is too afraid to speak explicitly on (at least this one isn't just some random youtuber videotaping outside his local clinic). It is clear at this point he believes that this pandemic is not real or it is at least way overblown, though he lacks the courage of that conviction to actually state his belief and defend it. He, like so many who believe this, fail to provide logical motivations for world leaders to shut everything down for a fake or overblown pandemic. My favorite reason, that highlights how people will refuse to believe the obvious and favor instead the absurd, is the QAnon belief that all of this was orchestrated by Trump as part of his noble efforts to weed out the global elite pedophile ring. He has forced them to ground with this fake pandemic news, and now can go get them....any day now.
                          That is the nicest way to say he's being a trollish dick

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            I'm not one to defend CBB, but if he's actually shopping for his elderly neighbors, then that tells me he is taking this seriously and is a better person than his RJ persona.
                            I think he was referring to Art

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              In a generalized sense, this shows the divide between individuals and groups...none of these people would likely have acted as they did that day had they been alone.
                              Being in groups or being anonymous will make some act very differently than they normally would for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                I think he was referring to Art
                                Ah right. I'm still waiting for Art to display a redeeming quality.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X