Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Lead poisoning cured the Coronavirus cases in North Korea.
    False. Kim Jong Un destroyed the virus before it could even take hold.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      I think Kim Jong Un is the virus.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• He has no Butthole so it can't get in...……..
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          I think he ate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            you can't actually debate with someone or a country going all in with eye's wide open. and Sweden was the only industrialized country that did it. i think it will work out for them. but just because it worked for them won't mean it works for us.
            This is very true. And there's data out there now that I think supports your view. Obesity, for example, appears to be a very powerful driver of very bad outcomes with this virus. But due to our PC culture today, we can't come out and say this is a bad plan because too many obese people will die.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I think he ate it.
              Kim Jong Un was a man that didn't pass up many buffet table of food.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor
                it escaped from a lab guys. it's nobel of you to point out that some day it will do the same thing naturally. GET IT THRU YOUR HEADS, THIS ESCAPED FROM A LAB.
                I think I was appointed to remind you when your tin foil conspiracy theory hat was on. It's on now!

Comment

Kim Jong Un was a man that didn't pass up many buffet table of food.
                  Did it escape along with the talking apes?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• every tool you need to live forever is right in front of us. but instead of really focusing on curing cancer or building and investing in technologies for longer life, we wage war. we take that focus away. and squabble for resources.

the science of immortality is available. there are people in the near future that will be able to live forever. but all of us will destroy this world before we all get there. at the most you are only 50 years away from immorality. biologically, and then there is whole other animals to get into after that. you don't even need to freeze your head, or upload your consciousness into a computer.

so why.. why do i even put the effort in to tell you guys my thoughts that you think are quaint or doesn't jibe with your pathetic life.

i have nothing better to do right now. apparently i haven't had anything better to do for the last 20 years. and that would be true. the answer is, in reality, i am just as stupid as every else. and a low tide pulls all the boats down.

Comment

every tool you need to live forever is right in front of us. but instead of really focusing on curing cancer or building and investing in technologies for longer life, we wage war. we take that focus away. and squabble for resources.

the science of immortality is available. there are people in the near future that will be able to live forever. but all of us will destroy this world before we all get there. at the most you are only 50 years away from immorality. biologically, and then there is whole other animals to get into after that. you don't even need to freeze your head, or upload your consciousness into a computer.

so why.. why do i even put the effort in to tell you guys my thoughts that you think are quaint or doesn't jibe with your pathetic life.

i have nothing better to do right now. apparently i haven't had anything better to do for the last 20 years. and that would be true. the answer is, in reality, i am just as stupid as every else. and a low tide pulls all the boats down.
                      You think your Cat has value even though it is damaged.

Nullnor's Cat is to Nullnor as Nullnor is to RJ.

Comment

• New Jersey Is still in trouble on testing - even for the most minimal needs every state except for a couple is not ready

data dudes check this out

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ur-state-doing

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 5/4 at 7:46 AM, exactly 3 days ago:

- 1.263,243 cases in US, up from 1,188,826, a 6.3% increase, which is a smaller increase than last time (8.5%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 29 days. The new cases for this period were 74,421 compared to 93,522 for last time, for a ratio of 0.80, which is much lower than last time (1.10) but a comparison w the figure from 2 periods ago gives a more accurate picture. The new cases for 2 periods ago was 84,797 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 0.88, which is much lower than last time (1.10). Encouraging.
                          - 74,809 deaths in US, up from 68,606, a 9.0% increase which is a larger increase than last time (7.4%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 26.5 days. At this rate, the US projects to hit 100,000 deaths by about May 18. The US mortality rate is now 5.92%, up from 5.77%.
                          - 3,843,318 cases worldwide, up from 3,585,428, a 7.2% increase which is a smaller increase than last time (7.7%). The new cases for this period were 257,890 compared to 257,758 for last time, for a ratio of 1.00 which is lower than last time (1.05). The new cases for 2 periods ago was 245,985 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 1.05, which lower than last time (1.11).
                          - 265,626 deaths worldwide, up from 248,867, a 6.7% increase which is a larger increase than last time (6.1%). The world mortality rate is 6.91%, about the same as last time (6.94%). Italy's mortality rate is 13.84%, up from 13.71%, Belgium's is 16.37%, up from 15.76%, Spain's is 10.15%, down from 10.30%, France's is 14.82%, up slightly from 14.76%, UK's is 14.96%, down from 15.24%, Germany's is 4.33%, up from 4.15% and Canada's is 6.54%, up from 6.09%.
                          - 217 countries/territories/etc. have confirmed cases w suspected cases in 2 others (North Korea, Turkmenistan). There are only 11 countries, 10 of which are South Pacific Island republics, that have neither reported nor have suspected cases: Lesotho, Kiribati, Marshall Is., Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Is., Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. The vast majority of countries have at least 1 death, w Vietnam having the most cases w no reported deaths, 271.

Rates of increase increased but the new cases rates got better this time for both the US and the world. Cases continue to surge in Russia, Brazil, Peru and Ecuador and also have surged recently in India, Belarus and the Middle East.

Comment

• The US CV-19 numbers look very bad because we have by far the highest # of cases and deaths in the world. But for a while now I've noticed that per capita our numbers seem similar to those of Western Europe. Today, I decided to run the actual numbers. According to the Worldometers site, the current population of the 5 largest Western European countries (UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain) is about 324 mil, which is roughly the same as the US population of about 331 mil. Those 5 European countries have 1,014,778 cases which is 80.3% of the 1,263,243 US cases. But the 5 European countries have 118,924 deaths which is 59.0% higher than the 74,809 US deaths. The testing rates of the European countries are higher than that of the US, but it's hard to tell how much higher because 3 of the countries' rates are higher while 2 are lower. So, we have significantly more reported cases in the US but significantly less reported deaths. I dont know why.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              The US CV-19 numbers look very bad because we have by far the highest # of cases and deaths in the world. But for a while now I've noticed that per capita our numbers seem similar to those of Western Europe. Today, I decided to run the actual numbers. According to the Worldometers site, the current population of the 5 largest Western European countries (UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain) is about 324 mil, which is roughly the same as the US population of about 331 mil. Those 5 European countries have 1,014,778 cases which is 80.3% of the 1,263,243 US cases. But the 5 European countries have 118,924 deaths which is 59.0% higher than the 74,809 US deaths. The testing rates of the European countries are higher than that of the US, but it's hard to tell how much higher because 3 of the countries' rates are higher while 2 are lower. So, we have significantly more reported cases in the US but significantly less reported deaths. I dont know why.
                              I think it may be related to how cases are counted. For a long while, I believe, in most places in the US, they only counted deaths of verified cases of COVID-19. This isn't how they have always counted flu deaths, btw. They count those based on symptoms and best guess for cause of death. I think that has changed in some places, but I have read that some of Europe does it that more conservative way and some have done it the way flu deaths are typically counted, so that can really muddle the numbers.

BTW, I have read conservative posters and bloggers claim the exact opposite. They don't believe COVID-19 is bad and think the US is inflating numbers by counting deaths based on symptoms, and they believe they are being conflated with flu deaths. They seem to fail to realize that is how flu numbers have always been generated, and that the majority of our numbers have in fact been based on verified testing, which may actually under count the deaths.

Comment

• I think maybe the best indicator might just be a simple overall death rate compared period to period; country to country.

Comment

Working...
                                X