No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's a really good animal shelter. it's called 2nd chance shelter in Massachusetts. I brought the dog there and drove like 100 miles for a hernia operation. it's like the best fucking animal shelter /hospital for low income people in MA.

my first thought was to buy a house near there, or buy a house and take the cats here in with the dog. since it's in the middle of nowhere, houses are cheap. perhaps I can even get a job there and use the talent God gave me.

such a good animal shelter. so now I tell the RV guy, the things I taught his dog at the campground will be with him for the rest of his life. planning for the future. and like an asshole, he complains he can't emotional handle driving that far and wants me to do it. and I say, like an alpha, and me being a surrogate alpha, before DEC 10th we need to sit down with the animal, and explain to the best of everyone's abilities. because that's life. and it's an adventure, and it never ends.

Comment

• as much as I love the cats here, it's pains me to realize what I am talking away from them from moving them. for example, driving down the street tonite, I see my baby a mile from home. the world of cats. truly the land and the king are one.

Comment

• what is the best song on pink Floyd animals? because there isn't one, right? there is no other album like it.

it doesn't exist. it's one of a kind. there is no explanation for it. it just happened. it's a random event, like zero energy, or chaos, or quantum uncertainty. heh

Comment

• on Pink Floyd I think I prefer sheep to dogs.

how many people in the world would realize, as a species, human's wouldn't exist if dogs have never converted from wolves and united with us to save our species.

furthermore, because we don't realize that, do we deserve to survive.

Comment

• Comment

• if you can't engage us intelligently, whether due to our own fault, then we engage you, as species or organism, with a lower common denominator. for example, like a virus or bacteria. or a single organism.

you can't really justify death.

actually in science and physics you can, if a universe is more harmful, then it wouldn't spawn another one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                My 29 year old daughter has been tested as positive. She got her results at midnight Thursday the 19th. She had to get a routine covid test for a Doctors appointment. She took the test Monday afternoon. No fever, but dry hack, body aches and lost her sense of smell and taste hours before her results came back on Thursday.

My Grandson has tested negative as of Friday the 20th. The Doctor has recommended that my Grandson stay quarantined with her for the next 10 days. They are staying at our house.

My wife and I left at 1:00 am to go to my In laws house that we inherited in March. May be too late, but given the circumstances it is the best we can do.

My wife and I are exhibiting some cold like symptoms (resisting to assume the worst). late yesterday night and this morning. We each have covid tests scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. It will take several days to get the results.

My 25 year old daughter that was with us all on Sunday had a rapid test yesterday morning. She tested negative. She is in her own apartment in Kenosha Wis.
                Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

We were to sick to make the hour and a half drive to the testing site. Mrs. Gregg found a test site that we could both get to today. It is 10 mins from the house.

My wife has lost her sense of smell and taste. I have not. She is up and down on the fever I do not have one. We both get the sweats of and on. We both have coughs, joint and muscle aches. We are both tired and the slightest activity seems to be cause for binge watching a show. Yesterday I could only work about half a day.

Theraflu seems to take the edge off of he coughing and aches. Enough to allow us to sleep at night.

Our appointment is at noon today. Then a couple of days to get the results. Either way we have to ride it out best we can. I am wondering the time frame of when the symptoms peak and then start to go down. She is 6 days into it I am 4 days in.

On the good news side my daughter is feeling better but still no smell and taste. That could take 2-6 weeks. She is nine days in today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

We were to sick to make the hour and a half drive to the testing site. Mrs. Gregg found a test site that we could both get to today. It is 10 mins from the house.

My wife has lost her sense of smell and taste. I have not. She is up and down on the fever I do not have one. We both get the sweats of and on. We both have coughs, joint and muscle aches. We are both tired and the slightest activity seems to be cause for binge watching a show. Yesterday I could only work about half a day.

Theraflu seems to take the edge off of he coughing and aches. Enough to allow us to sleep at night.

Our appointment is at noon today. Then a couple of days to get the results. Either way we have to ride it out best we can. I am wondering the time frame of when the symptoms peak and then start to go down. She is 6 days into it I am 4 days in.

On the good news side my daughter is feeling better but still no smell and taste. That could take 2-6 weeks. She is nine days in today.
                  Take care of yourself and those you love. I hope this is the worst for all of you. Regards.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• hope you and everyone feel better soon Gregg. here's my sailboat, if you ever see me out on the water. wave chaser. the seller already took the ad down but I got a cache pic. $4k, not bad. Newport 27 1978. it was nice to see the RV guy and especially the dog again. picked up a manual on sailing on the way home.

124829390_2871090266454039_5207735733727439039_o.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Just one week later we've had a couple days with about 1900 deaths reported.
                      And this week we have back to back days with 2029 and 2284 deaths. Cases keep going up, so these numbers aren't going to be plateauing at the 2000 level, either, sadly.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        And this week we have back to back days with 2029 and 2284 deaths. Cases keep going up, so these numbers aren't going to be plateauing at the 2000 level, either, sadly.
                        I saw a recent quote from one doctor predicting that the current daily death count could double. I hope and pray that he is wrong.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          I saw a recent quote from one doctor predicting that the current daily death count could double. I hope and pray that he is wrong.
                          Very doubtful that it will double.
                          Last edited by rhd; 11-27-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• So life in the Covid lane.

As I have mentioned here, my wife and I had our Covid tests about 2 weeks ago and we also had antigen tests--both cam back Neg.

However, I have had to take a 1 day a week gig to make ends meet, I found out Tuesday that a coworker had was home sick with Covid--someone I was around the week before. SO, now my wife and I are self quarantining until next Monday (14 days) at which point we will get another set of tests.

And so it goes for those forced to trek outside the house to make ends meet or work essential gigs. try your best, hope you get lucky and live in a state of constant worry that every tiny cough, headache or health concern might be the Virus--hold your breath, get a test and hold it again until the next time you find out you've been exposed.

I'm pretty sure we're still negative, but with my wife feeling bad and in bed for the past day and a half, It's a worry I wish on no one.

I hope none of you will have to deal with this shit and for those who are/have--you have all my sympathies and thoughts.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              So life in the Covid lane.

As I have mentioned here, my wife and I had our Covid tests about 2 weeks ago and we also had antigen tests--both cam back Neg.

However, I have had to take a 1 day a week gig to make ends meet, I found out Tuesday that a coworker had was home sick with Covid--someone I was around the week before. SO, now my wife and I are self quarantining until next Monday (14 days) at which point we will get another set of tests.

And so it goes for those forced to trek outside the house to make ends meet or work essential gigs. try your best, hope you get lucky and live in a state of constant worry that every tiny cough, headache or health concern might be the Virus--hold your breath, get a test and hold it again until the next time you find out you've been exposed.

I'm pretty sure we're still negative, but with my wife feeling bad and in bed for the past day and a half, It's a worry I wish on no one.

I hope none of you will have to deal with this shit and for those who are/have--you have all my sympathies and thoughts.
                              Hoping for the best outcomes for you and your wife.

I guess I've been pretty lucky so far. Havent had any CV-19-like symptoms at all. Only been sick w a cold once thruout the entire pandemic and my symptoms lasted only a day, which is typical for me. I havent had to be confined inside a building other than my house for very long at any time so that's one reason why. And I've followed the mask and social distancing protocols. Havent been big on using hand sanitizer and havent been super diligent about hand-washing, altho I am washing more thoroughly than I used to. I feel for all the people that have to be in confined public spaces because of work or other reasons, particularly healthcare workers. I think it's hard to completely understand what's going on unless you know in detail the behavior of those that became infected and so far I've only met one person that said they'd had it and he said he may have gotten it in a restaurant where he had taken off his mask. This is why a good contact tracing system is essential. If we had one, like Taiwan, we'd be doing a lot better than we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                I had the same type situation come up - when my extended family tested positive, we started being worried, and my wife was in bed sick for a couple days - we all tested negative over and over though, so I think it was just a seasonal cold. Hope the same for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X