No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Boss lives in Wisconsin. He just told me a story that recently happened to his friends (found out over he weekend).

His friends decided to be tested for Covid-19 at a drive up site in Wisconsin. They filled out the paper work, turned it in, and waited in line. The line was moving way too slow so they decided to bail out. Last week they got something in the mail that said they tested positive for Covid-19.

How can something like this happen? Makes me angry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      My Boss lives in Wisconsin. He just told me a story that recently happened to his friends (found out over he weekend).

His friends decided to be tested for Covid-19 at a drive up site in Wisconsin. They filled out the paper work, turned it in, and waited in line. The line was moving way too slow so they decided to bail out. Last week they got something in the mail that said they tested positive for Covid-19.

I did that once at McDonald's
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        The 2nd video is about Vitamin D:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-vitamin-d-to-take#How-Common-Is-Vitamin-D-DeficiencyAbout 42% of the US population is vitamin D deficient82% in...

This was from a Spanish study of about 76 hospital patients. 50 were given Vitamin D and the control group was not. Only 1 Vit. D pt needed the ICU whereas half of the control group required ICU. No Vit D pts died whereas 2 of the control group died. The Vitamin D administered was a very high dose and was a special form (calcifediol) that was already "activated", whereas the Vit D capsules you could buy at a store require about 7 days for the liver and kidneys to activate them. Altho this was a small sample, he was very impressed by the results because the statistical significance was very high (99.99%) and he thought the study was very well done. Obviously, more and larger trials need to be done. He was very critical of the WHO, CDC and other major health organizations for not having done large-scale clinical trials of Vitamin D up to this point. Vitamin D is cheap and readily available over the counter and he expressed that this could be a game-changer for combatting CV-19.
        I don't know of a nurse or doc (and I know a lot of them) that isn't on supplementary Vitamin D.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• This was a very expensive bike rally for tax payers: total estimated cost of Sturgis from a public health perspective estimated at over $12 Billion: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st...7hx?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            I did that once at McDonald's
            Tested positive for "special sauce" ?
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Tested positive for "special sauce" ?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                This was a very expensive bike rally for tax payers: total estimated cost of Sturgis from a public health perspective estimated at over $12 Billion: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st...7hx?li=BBnbfcL
                To call this shoddy research would disparage shoddy researchers....badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  My Boss lives in Wisconsin. He just told me a story that recently happened to his friends (found out over he weekend).

I have heard friend of a friend stories exactly like this, but never have I heard it happening to someone I know and trust. This story, almost word for word--it happened to a friend of a coworker of a friend in Texas who filled out the paperwork, decided the line was too long, so they left, then got the positive result. Is it possible that this has happened? Yeah. It is also possible that this is an urban legend that has gotten spread. I believe so. I have heard this story now from 3 different sources in 3 different states. Each source was a right leaning fellow that I know and trust, but it has never been first hand, or second hand. Each of the 3 times, it has been exactly like this, twice removed--it happened to a friend of my friend/boss/coworker.

If it happens, it should make you mad Gregg, but it might also not happen and the story was fabricated to make you mad, and I don't think it is a coincidence that the first incidents of this being claimed came with ready made reasons why--that it is about inflating numbers to increase federal funding, a conspiracy theory that started on right-winged forums. It is possible that this is where this story comes from, originally. After all, you did not hear that this happened to someone you know and trust. You only heard that it happened to someone he knows. That person may be lying, or may have heard and believed it, but made it about themselves, or implied it happened to them when it was just something they heard happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    To call this shoddy research would disparage shoddy researchers....badly.
                    It is very shoddy, I agree. It isn't even really research as much as it is extrapolation and conjecture. We cannot really know what the impact of that rally will be. But it is possible it will cost a lot in capital and human lives. I think it is a cool event, personally, but I really wish it was skipped this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      It is very shoddy, I agree. It isn't even really research as much as it is extrapolation and conjecture. We cannot really know what the impact of that rally will be. But it is possible it will cost a lot in capital and human lives. I think it is a cool event, personally, but I really wish it was skipped this year.
                      Maybe. But given the level of official cases, I'm beginning to wonder if this was all an arm-waving panic fest. Which would be good for those massive protests that did take place.

Comment

Maybe. But given the level of official cases, I'm beginning to wonder if this was all an arm-waving panic fest. Which would be good for those massive protests that did take place.
                        False equivalency, Every single BLM/Left leaning protest was mostly masked. Sturgis was not.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I don't know of a nurse or doc (and I know a lot of them) that isn't on supplementary Vitamin D.
                          My team doc said this was his top recommendation for almost everyone he sees. This was before COVID-19, or at least before it took off in the U.S., but I imagine he would say that again, only moreso. He said that he had observed that it cut down dramatically on respiratory infections among people who took the supplement.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            My team doc said this was his top recommendation for almost everyone he sees. This was before COVID-19, or at least before it took off in the U.S., but I imagine he would say that again, only moreso. He said that he had observed that it cut down dramatically on respiratory infections among people who took the supplement.
                            Do you know how much is recommended ? Too much is bad, so would be curious what level they recommend. Plan to get some for my family
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Do you know how much is recommended ? Too much is bad, so would be curious what level they recommend. Plan to get some for my family
                              I dont know for general health, but in the study cited in the video I posted, they used 532 micrograms (mcg) for the initial dose and then 256 mcg each on day 3 and day 7. My doctor recommended taking 2000 iu daily, which equals 50 mcg so the initial dose in the study was about 10 times what my doctor recommends. So I would say that at least up to this amount is not harmful but you should consult your doctor first. BTW the official recommended daily requirement is only 400 iu so the fact that doctors are recommending 5 times this amount makes me wonder about these recommended daily intakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                                I dont know for general health, but in the study cited in the video I posted, they used 532 micrograms (mcg) for the initial dose and then 256 mcg each on day 3 and day 7. My doctor recommended taking 2000 iu daily, which equals 50 mcg so the initial dose in the study was about 10 times what my doctor recommends. So I would say that at least up to this amount is not harmful but you should consult your doctor first. BTW the official recommended daily requirement is only 400 iu so the fact that doctors are recommending 5 times this amount makes me wonder about these recommended daily intakes.
                                Thanks, appreciate the info. Multivitamin has 25 mcg, so might be worth adding a separate vitamin d supplement it seems. But will do more research to make sure that isn't too much
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X