Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Ah right. I'm still waiting for Art to display a redeeming quality.
    We'll find a cure for Covid-19 before that happens.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Here's what the media can face on a "normal" day...this is rural Minnesota. The reporter is a decent guy trying to cover a story about a bar defying the Governor's orders to stay closed. In a generalized sense, this shows the divide between individuals and groups...none of these people would likely have acted as they did that day had they been alone. Hopefully, they feel some shame if they see this.

This just continues to prove that Trumpies are major assholes. I don't mean the regular joes who are voting for him, but if you're walking around with a MAGA hat or shirt or bumper sticker on your car, you're just identifying yourself as an asshole who just doesn't care. Sad!

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        I think he was referring to Art
        Yes, I was responding to revo responding to Art. I disagree with CBB vehemently on politics, but as I've said before, he seems like a nice enough fellow to me. And he responded to Art saying better safe than sorry as well. So, if it was thought I was being critical of CBB in this case, it was the opposite. I was on his side of things here.

And CBB, despite being in hostile waters, will at least voice his opinion in his own voice, which I really appreciate (thought no Trump voter/supporter here brought the evidence as much as Chance used to). Art just continues to post links that "speak for themselves" implying this COVID-19 thing is some grand conspiracy and not a big deal. It would be nice if someone felt this way spoke up and laid out the evidence rather than post random youtube videos, although at least this time he posted a more mainstream article (even if the Post is barely more than a tabloid, it has more weight than some random QAnon believer videotaping outside of a hospital some random day in March suggesting that because it isn't full of patients that day that is evidence there is no pandemic).

Comment

• Two hair stylists with COVID-19 at a Great Clips hair salon in Missouri worked for up to 8 days while symptomatic. One exposed 140 customers while the other exposed 56 customers. Both stylists and their customers wore masks. But, still.....
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• In all of this depressing CV-19 info, here's something to bring a smile to your face:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 5/22 at 7:46 AM, exactly 3 days ago. Starting now, I will be updating these stats every Monday. So the next update will be June 1:

- 1,686,436 cases in US, up from 1,621,333, a 4.0% increase, a smaller increase than last time 4.6%. The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 50 days. At this rate, the US projects to hit 2,000,000 cases by about June 7. The new cases for this period were 65,103 compared to 70,794 for last time, for a ratio of 0.92, which is much lower than last time (1.07) but a comparison w the figure from 2 periods ago gives a more accurate picture. The new cases for 2 periods ago was 66,252 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 0.98, which is higher than last time (0.94) but still below 1.00, so still encouraging.
              - 99,300 deaths in US, up from 96,363, a 3.1% increase, a much smaller increase than last time (4.8%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 54.5 days. The US projects to hit 100,000 deaths later today, which is about 40 days later than I thought back in late March. The US mortality rate is now 5.89%, lower than last time (5.94%).
              - 5,474,425 cases worldwide, up from 5,170.789, a 5.9% increase, a smaller increase than last time (6.2%). The new cases for this period were 303,636 compared to 263,861 for last time, for a ratio of 1.15 which is higher than last time (1.00) but a comparison w the figure from 2 periods ago gives a more accurate picture. The new cases for 2 periods ago was 263,021 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 1.15, higher than last time (1.09). This rate continues to go back up slightly.
              - 346,971 deaths worldwide, up from 334,979, a 3.6% increase, a smaller increase than last time (4.5%). The world mortality rate is 6.34%, which is lower than last time (6.48%). Italy's mortality rate is 14.26%, about the same as last time (14.25%), Belgium's is 16.24%, down slightly from 16.30%, Spain's is 12.19%, up from 11.97%, France's is 15.54%, about the same as last time (15.52%), UK's is 14.18%, down from 14.36%, Germany's is 4.64%, about the same as last time (4.65%), Canada's is 7.46%, up slightly from 7.43%, Mexico's is 10.78%, down from 10.93% and Sweden's is 11.95%.
              - 218 countries/territories/etc. have confirmed cases w suspected cases in 2 others (North Korea, Turkmenistan). There are only 10 countries, all of which are South Pacific Island republics, that have neither reported nor have suspected cases: Kiribati, Marshall Is., Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Is., Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. The vast majority of countries have at least 1 death, w Rwanda having the most cases w no reported deaths, 327.

Rates of increase were smaller than last time. New cases rate was lower for the US but higher for the World. Cases continue to surge in Russia, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Mexico, India and the Middle East, and in recent weeks Pakistan, Bangladesh and South Africa also have surged.

It has been about 2 1/2 months since I started posting these stats. Lots of things have happened since then and I feel like doing some posts relating my current thoughts on this pandemic and related issues.

Comment

• So now, as was totally inevitable, you're seeing huge gatherings take place in reopened states with zero precautions being applied, and authorities are just shrugging their shoulders and saying "there's nothing we can do."

And our beloved bozo is threatening to move the Republican National Convention in August if North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper doesn't allow for a "full arena." Right -- major sports are not allowing fans, but let's have a packed house in just three months. You know what? Let them. Stupid is as stupid does.

I've said it before, I'll say it 1,000 times: Americans -- and certainly Americans who follow our beloved blithering idiot -- are just too stupid to beat this thing.

Comment

• More people have died as a result of new york and new jersey's disastrous nursing home policies than wuhan deaths in Texas, Georgia, Ohio and Florida COMBINED.

Comment

• Art either offer something of substance or you're getting blocked.

And I haven't blocked TW who has directly told me to fuck off multiple times because he offers substance.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Art either offer something of substance or you're getting blocked.

And I haven't blocked TW who has directly told me to fuck off multiple times because he offers substance.
                      I was going to reply to him, bringing to light the reality of the situation and how he is completely off base making this political, but then I thought I'd rather do something more productive like unclog my toilet.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm not one to defend CBB, but if he's actually shopping for his elderly neighbors, then that tells me he is taking this seriously and is a better person than his RJ persona.
                        Yes I have and still am. Its not a big deal, I grab some stuff when I'm going out anyway and I drop it off in their garage.
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• every time i go shopping it feels it feels like i am playing russian roulette.

Comment

• if you want to hear my so-called racist conspiracy take on things, you've got the owner of facebook married to a chinese woman, where companies like google and facebook and apple have a lot of interest in building a 5G network that can spy on people and don't care about stuff except money. and then you have politicians like mitch mcconnell, married to a chinese woman whose father fled China in 1949 but still integrated their business with the CCP. and she was labor secretary and secretary of transportation. how mitch mcconnell is even able to have security clearance much less even more power to block anything, i have no idea. she didn't marry him for his looks, and he had no money until they gave him 25 million. so i guess it must be his endearing personality. and if you look further, it's a lot of off-shore accounts. it's a lot of stolen money from taxpayers.

also, i discovered kristy swanson is a Trumper. oh no, who didn't grow up with a crush on kristy swanson.

best thing Trump ever did was sell 10 billion of weapons to Taiwan. biggest weapons sale to them since 1992.

Hong Kong is going to rebel, Taiwan is going to rebel, which will cause China to invade Taiwan, which causes another tiananmen square and some people in China rebel. we move in and defend Taiwan, and China nukes NY.

all because our politicians sold out America, long ago, to the Chinese communist party. i can't even believe Nixon and Carter met with Mao. a guy that starved 40 million of his own people. probably much more.

look at everything China says, it's all about playing the victim card. you can't reason with that. there's no solution to it. even if it is righteous.

Comment

• everything happening right now with the coronavirus is going to lead to a major war. it's inevitable. and then when it's over, climate change will start more wars. it's no longer the end of the beginning, it's the beginning of the end. it's going to eventually result in nuclear war.

Comment

• it is acting racist to say just because someone is married to a Chinese woman they should lose their security clearance or is cahoots with the communist party. Taiwan is Chinese and they're awesome, Hong Kong is Chinese and they are awesome. except for the party, every in the mainland are awesome too. it really feels more like mccarthyism instead of racism; if there is a difference.

the world is going to need the help of everyone in China to make a freer government including everywhere. i guess you could hope for a best case scenario where we come together. it's a pretty sensitive issue.

if you look at dictator countries, a lot of times it became this way because they felt like it had too to survive. the Russian's had the Tartars. China an example too. would Russia have survived in WWII without Stalin's ruthlessness? would China without Mao? but that was then. Russia or China are under no threat. and they should be transitioning globally now that their countries are secure.

but China is much more dangerous than Russia because they were one of the first real empires. you can also maybe say they are like Iran wanting a return of the Persian empire. but China has never ever really been expansionists. civilization started in a few places at the same time. China started over 10,000 years ago. and they are thinking, i'm am going to let a country that had been around 200 years tell me what to do?' there's a lot of pride at stake.

that's really not the issue though. our politicians have gotten rich selling out the American dream. not to pick on her but how is Nancy Pelosi worth 100 million dollars? why are all our politicians millionaires? is it corruption or capitalism.

i don't know. best case scenario we come together, worst case nuclear war. don't mind me, i didn't mean to change the subject.

Comment

Working...
                                X