No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and his family have committed $5 million to the state of Louisiana in 2020.

Brees' full statement was as follows: "Brittany and I are committing $5,000,000 to the State of Louisiana in 2020. The priority now is helping our communities get through this tough time. After considerable research and conversations with local organizations, we will be mobilizing our partnerships with Second Harvest Food Bank, Ochsner Health Systems, Walk-Ons, Jimmy Johns, Smalls Sliders and Waitr to prepare and deliver over 10,000 meals per day throughout Louisiana for as long as it takes to children on meal programs, seniors, and families in need. Let’s all do our part, maintain hope, and get through this together."
    Source: Drew Brees on Twitter
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Loan contracts are renegotiated all the time, Programs come and go, why should you begrudge others an opportunity for something beneficial to them simply because you won't get the chance to enjoy it's benefits?
      I do not begrudge.

Contracts are not renegotiated to Zero.

I suggested a compromise...half.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Wow! New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and his family have committed $5 million to the state of Louisiana in 2020.

Brees' full statement was as follows: "Brittany and I are committing $5,000,000 to the State of Louisiana in 2020. The priority now is helping our communities get through this tough time. After considerable research and conversations with local organizations, we will be mobilizing our partnerships with Second Harvest Food Bank, Ochsner Health Systems, Walk-Ons, Jimmy Johns, Smalls Sliders and Waitr to prepare and deliver over 10,000 meals per day throughout Louisiana for as long as it takes to children on meal programs, seniors, and families in need. Let’s all do our part, maintain hope, and get through this together."
        Well done Mr. and Mrs. Breeze well done!

Comment

• This student loan convo is a good one to have, but it probably should get its own thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Wow! New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and his family have committed $5 million to the state of Louisiana in 2020.

He's awesome, he'll be Governor after retiring from football.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• US now has passed China for the most # of CV cases worldwide.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                us now has passed china for the most # of cv cases worldwide.
                u.s.a....... U.s.a...... U.s.a.
                Last edited by Ken; 03-26-2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  US now has passed China for the most # of CV cases worldwide.
                  We’re #1!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    We’re #1!
                    We're setting records. You would not believe the pace at which we are setting records. The days of China beating us on trade, intellectual property and corona cases is gone. MAIA (Make America Infected Again)!

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      We're setting records. You would not believe the pace at which we are setting records. The days of China beating us on trade, intellectual property and corona cases is gone. MAIA (Make America Infected Again)!
                      Before this is done we're going to be at the top of all the lists. You won't even believe it.

Comment

• Illuminating video on why the US has so many problems providing CV tests and getting results:

As the coronavirus from Wuhan, China continues to spread across America, there's criticism that the US and Trump administration isn't putting out enough test...

So many reasons why this is a problem and so many organizations need to work efficiently and effectively for this to work well. But this video doesn't explain why a country like S. Korea is able to provide many times more tests per capita than the US. What are they doing that we're not? And it only adds to the frustration that Trump keeps saying that there are millions of test kits available when this is the farthest thing from the truth.
                        Last edited by rhd; 03-26-2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Before this is done we're going to be at the top of all the lists. You won't even believe it.
                          Some people said it couldn't be done, but I did it. I did it. One of the generals said to me yesterday, "Sir, no one thought you could do this, but you did it."
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• 3.3 million jobless claims and another 2 trillion debt and the market goes up 3000 points in 2 days. it just doesn't seem morally right.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              3.3 million jobless claims and another 2 trillion debt and the market goes up 3000 points in 2 days. it just doesn't seem morally right.
                              It'll be back down to 18K within a couple weeks.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• i suppose now is a good time for JAWS back round music with what's happening

"I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have, in fact, caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But, as you see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means "friendship"."

Comment

Working...
                                X