Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Anthony Gwynn Again?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Meet Anthony Gwynn Again?
      You're Good , You.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not seeing how anyone can see the GOP proposal as the best use of such funds for this crisis. It failed to address critical issues of need and had a massive amount of funds that could be mis-spent. The only possible criticism here may be procedural, as I do not understand these things well. If the Dems could have negotiated the bill into an entirely different one after this vote, then, yes, shame on them for holding this process up. This needs to be done ASAP, and if they held it up for no reason, that is, the bill could totally be reworked at the next stage, then, yes, they failed us. But that bill as it stands is an egregious misuse of those funds that leaves far too many high and dry. If that bill would have had to have been passed largely as it was, it was the wrong bill. Better to rework it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Yeah, I'm not seeing how anyone can see the GOP proposal as the best use of such funds for this crisis. It failed to address critical issues of need and had a massive amount of funds that could be mis-spent. The only possible criticism here may be procedural, as I do not understand these things well. If the Dems could have negotiated the bill into an entirely different one after this vote, then, yes, shame on them for holding this process up. This needs to be done ASAP, and if they held it up for no reason, that is, the bill could totally be reworked at the next stage, then, yes, they failed us. But that bill as it stands is an egregious misuse of those funds that leaves far too many high and dry. If that bill would have had to have been passed largely as it was, it was the wrong bill. Better to rework it now.
          Asked about the proposed provision in the relief package to allow Treasury to dole out money to companies as it sees fit, Trump says: "Look, I'll be the oversight. I'll be the oversight."

and Trump is also tweeting and re-tweeting huge piles of poop and dangerous lies this morning - it will likely get worse today

Comment

• Interesting to watch the Italy new cases numbers, it appears that they may have hit their peak, and if so a 30 day lockdown may be the appropriate response to this. That would be encouraging at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Interesting to watch the Italy new cases numbers, it appears that they may have hit their peak, and if so a 30 day lockdown may be the appropriate response to this. That would be encouraging at least.
              Until half the population gets it, the risk of another surge is there. This may just be the first lockdown.

Comment

• But guys, it's no big deal, car accidents cause more deaths per year!

Comment

• Donald J. Trump
                  @realDonaldTrump
                  Our people want to return to work. They will practice Social Distancing and all else, and Seniors will be watched over protectively & lovingly. We can do two things together. THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM! Congress MUST ACT NOW. We will come back strong!

he is going to kill many people

Comment

Until half the population gets it, the risk of another surge is there. This may just be the first lockdown.
                    Maybe, maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I've been posting a lot about how aggressive suppression won't work here, isn't working here. Maybe Italy will have better luck with it. But too many people in the US won't follow the level of measures needed for that hammer curve to stick. And even if it does, the measures to stop another surge are very difficult to maintain for another year. It is possible, but I'm not seeing the path so far for the US.

ETA: Or I may be biased because I live in NY. Stopping this in a crowded place like NYC is a lot tougher than in rural areas. I'm sure how this spreads and to what extent will be effected by geography.

Comment

• I've been able to track sex for about half of the non-NY/NJ cases in the US. So far it's running 51% female and 49% male in that sample of 9000 cases.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

ETA: Or I may be biased because I live in NY. Stopping this in a crowded place like NYC is a lot tougher than in rural areas. I'm sure how this spreads and to what extent will be effected by geography.
                          Yeah, you are correct. I have not talked about it a ton but I've moved my family out of the metroplex down to my in-laws house in a more sparely populated area. We are hunkered down here for a while, and there are not many cases nearby.

Comment

I've been posting a lot about how aggressive suppression won't work here, isn't working here. Maybe Italy will have better luck with it. But too many people in the US won't follow the level of measures needed for that hammer curve to stick. And even if it does, the measures to stop another surge are very difficult to maintain for another year. It is possible, but I'm not seeing the path so far for the US.

Seattle growth is appearing close to linear at this point and we have been slowly increasing isolation for the last 10 days or so. So hopefully more improvement. Of course the undetected cases could change that significantly. But i try to be hopeful when i am not raging mad.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Manu Dibango, renowned jazz artist most famous for 1973’s “Soul Makossa,” died from the coronavirus.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Seattle growth is appearing close to linear at this point and we have been slowly increasing isolation for the last 10 days or so. So hopefully more improvement. Of course the undetected cases could change that significantly. But i try to be hopeful when i am not raging mad.
                                Close to linear is bases on just a few days, so probably a bot optimistic to claim that
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X