Page 1 of 309 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 3088

Thread: Corona Virus

  1. #1
    All Star The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,697

    Corona Virus

    I've seen some scary predictions about this, I really hope it is outliers and scaremongering. If I read correctly it went form one case in early December to 70,000 cases today.

  2. #2
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    7,994
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I've seen some scary predictions about this, I really hope it is outliers and scaremongering. If I read correctly it went form one case in early December to 70,000 cases today.
    Yeah, it seems to be spreading fast, but I've read the rate is slowing. My wife has a student who's father died of this. He was working in Wuhan. It is still statistically less dangerous than the flu in the US, but of course that can change if containment efforts fail. But people are working hard to stop that from happening.

  3. #3
    All Star The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yeah, it seems to be spreading fast, but I've read the rate is slowing. My wife has a student who's father died of this. He was working in Wuhan. It is still statistically less dangerous than the flu in the US, but of course that can change if containment efforts fail. But people are working hard to stop that from happening.
    I really hope so. There is an emergency center set up about half a mile from my house. But i dont think it can treat more than 10 or 20 people

  4. #4
    All Star The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I really hope so. There is an emergency center set up about half a mile from my house. But i dont think it can treat more than 10 or 20 people
    I actually had to change my walking route since they moved in tents and rv's

  5. #5
    All Star Kevin Seitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,924
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I actually had to change my walking route since they moved in tents and rv's
    nullnor?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

  6. #6
    All Star GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego--Home Again.
    Posts
    6,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    nullnor?
    Did he have an Xbox controller?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #7
    All Star Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,106
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Did he have an Xbox controller?
    Are you demanding an answer?

  8. #8
    All Star GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego--Home Again.
    Posts
    6,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Are you demanding an answer?
    That would be childish.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  9. #9
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    7,994
    Not that the NY Post is all that credible, but this is a scary account. The virus may have escaped from the lab, because scientists sell experimemt animals to street vendors?!

    https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-b...rom-a-lab/amp/

  10. #10
    All Star The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Not that the NY Post is all that credible, but this is a scary account. The virus may have escaped from the lab, because scientists sell experimemt animals to street vendors?!

    https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-b...rom-a-lab/amp/
    Italy and South Korea with significant outbreaks.

    https://twitter.com/wupton/status/1231607431668674560

    Wow. The Archbishop of Milan orders the suspension of Masses due to coronavirus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •