Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    Me neither. But, in fairness, I also didn’t read it.
    I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on the efficacy of CliffsNotes.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The latest comments that i am hearing from Trump supporters here in "2/3 Trump Support Land" indicate that a lot of them plan to refuse getting the vaccine when it becomes available.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        The latest comments that i am hearing from Trump supporters here in "2/3 Trump Support Land" indicate that a lot of them plan to refuse getting the vaccine when it becomes available.

To bad it doesn't just kill the willfully ignorant. Maybe they could genetically engineer some to do so.......
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• After several days w/o a new record, another new record on Thursday: 192,186 new cases according to WorldoMeters.

Also, a new record for current CV-19 hospitalizations: 80,698, but that record is pretty much being broken every day.

Edit: 187,428 cases according to NY Times.
          Last edited by rhd; 11-20-2020, 09:32 PM.

Comment

The latest comments that i am hearing from Trump supporters here in "2/3 Trump Support Land" indicate that a lot of them plan to refuse getting the vaccine when it becomes available.

97% of these anti-masker fuckers are going to live to tell us all it was a hoax, becoming the modern day equivalent to holocaust deniers. Makes me sick to think about.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

We'll need an update of "The Darwin Awards" when this is all said and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                We'll need an update of "The Darwin Awards" when this is all said and done.
                Doesn't work well the buffoon is still alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Doesn't work well the buffoon is still alive.
                  I was referring to his anti-vax supporters. Same difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    The CFR has hovered at around 1.8% since coming off the early peak around 5-6% in April. We're at 125,000 cases per day now. That means that daily deaths are going to average at least 2200 or so in a few weeks. And if daily cases keep going up, as they seem to be doing, then eventually the daily deaths are going to go even higher than that.

This is a Twitter thread that says basically the same thing I just said and puts some evidence behind it:
                    https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1326404894954283008
                    Just one week later we've had a couple days with about 1900 deaths reported.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Will be interesting to see what Biden's plan is and how it is implemented.

After Biden repeated he would not pursue a national shutdown, he said "every region, every area, every community can be different."

"And so there's no circumstance which I can see that would require a total national shutdown," Biden said. "I think that would be counterproductive."
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Will be interesting to see what Biden's plan is and how it is implemented.

After Biden repeated he would not pursue a national shutdown, he said "every region, every area, every community can be different."

"And so there's no circumstance which I can see that would require a total national shutdown," Biden said. "I think that would be counterproductive."
                        so Alaska should be okay ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          so Alaska should be okay ...
                          Everybody will be ok, sure. It seems like a stupid thing to say, but we have heard a lot worse, I suppose

Edit- not calling your comment stupid, was referring to Biden's
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So No antigens, Negative Covid test--means we've been doing it right/lucky so far. BUT now we have decided to cancel Thanksgiving, too risky to travel to Vegas right now. The kids were disappointed, but understanding. Fuck this Covid shit.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              So No antigens, Negative Covid test--means we've been doing it right/lucky so far. BUT now we have decided to cancel Thanksgiving, too risky to travel to Vegas right now. The kids were disappointed, but understanding. Fuck this Covid shit.
                              Interesting, we're having some similar discussions but may end up travelling.

What was it about the travel that made you decide not to go?

FWIW we're travelling to the same place we stayed during the initial lockdowns, and quarantining ourselves there if we go - we'd be in a different place, but still being careful like we are here.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                So No antigens, Negative Covid test--means we've been doing it right/lucky so far. BUT now we have decided to cancel Thanksgiving, too risky to travel to Vegas right now. The kids were disappointed, but understanding. Fuck this Covid shit.
                                My coworker from back east is in Vegas because his father was in the hospital (non-covid related) and he just passed away this morning. Was ready to drive the 10 hours down so he had someone to hang with over the next few days while he got things sorted out, but fortunately his brother is flying in.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X