Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    every time i go shopping it feels it feels like i am playing russian roulette.
    I kind of feel that way to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I kind of feel that way to.
      Why? Not downplaying the seriousness of this pandemic, but getting the virus while out shopping is very unlikely from sources that I have read.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Hong Kong is going to rebel, Taiwan is going to rebel, which will cause China to invade Taiwan, which causes another tiananmen square and some people in China rebel. we move in and defend Taiwan, and China nukes NY.
        Taiwan is already in rebellion, and has been so for a long time. Where it'll get interesting is if the DPP in Taiwan can take control of all levers of government and manage to declare independence.

I doubt China will come across the Straits; had they the capability to do so, they'd have done it already.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I feared this was inevitable early on, but it looks like more scientists are confirming that COVID-19 will likely become endemic, even with a vaccine: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...lDs?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• The credibility of any article that doesn’t recognize that polio is essentially wiped out....well, let’s just say their credibility is low and leave it at that.

Comment

• China can invade Taiwan anytime but would have huge losses and more importantly would lose face. i want to try to compare it to the Kurds declaring independence, for a lack of a better example, but i can't. the Kurd's screwed each other. and probably for the right reason since Kurdistan still exists.

for shits and grins, i tried to figure out any urban warfare scenario for Taiwan once China conquered them, and i couldn't think of any radical elements that would come to their aid. not that radical elements ever win anyways.

btw i saved a baby bird tonight. it's in my car right now. i warmed up and wet some dry cat food with lot's of sugar and got it to eat 3 times in 3 hours. i'd like to rehabilitate it myself but i don't know. i think my cat set me up, it's a long story. guess i'll wake up tomorrow and see. it wasn't easy getting it to eat. it's bird parents were chirping at it all day. and the whole time the bird was right there hiding like a commando. then at night i was sitting outside and a stray came up and attacked my cat and then i saw they were fighting over it. a baby Robin. it's been an philosophical magical night to say the least. reminding you, we're still the good guys.

Comment

China can invade Taiwan anytime but would have huge losses and more importantly would lose face. i want to try to compare it to the Kurds declaring independence, for a lack of a better example, but i can't. the Kurd's screwed each other. and probably for the right reason since Kurdistan still exists.

for shits and grins, i tried to figure out any urban warfare scenario for Taiwan once China conquered them, and i couldn't think of any radical elements that would come to their aid. not that radical elements ever win anyways.

btw i saved a baby bird tonight. it's in my car right now. i warmed up and wet some dry cat food with lot's of sugar and got it to eat 3 times in 3 hours. i'd like to rehabilitate it myself but i don't know. i think my cat set me up, it's a long story. guess i'll wake up tomorrow and see. it wasn't easy getting it to eat. it's bird parents were chirping at it all day. and the whole time the bird was right there hiding like a commando. then at night i was sitting outside and a stray came up and attacked my cat and then i saw they were fighting over it. a baby Robin. it's been an philosophical magical night to say the least. reminding you, we're still the good guys.
                You fed cat food to cat food?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  You fed cat food to cat food?
                  In my world, we call that priming the pump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Why? Not downplaying the seriousness of this pandemic, but getting the virus while out shopping is very unlikely from sources that I have read.
                    Maybe because in the last two weeks two of my closest friends lost friends to the virus. Ages 21,30, 64, and not sure of the age of the last one (but older and still working so 60's?). On 3 of them no known health issues.

I am considered high risk as is my wife. I would not want to be a carrier and give it to her. I also owe it to her to stay around a while. She lost both of her parents with in a 3 week time period in March. She is racked with grief. Losing me would not be good for her at this time.

So when I go out, I am a bit jumpy.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      The credibility of any article that doesn’t recognize that polio is essentially wiped out....well, let’s just say their credibility is low and leave it at that.
                      Sure, there are very different levels to this, and we can hope to stamp it out like polio. But given that we have four other coronaviruses that are simply a part of our daily life in the form of the common cold, I fear that COVID-19 will end up being truly endemic. Especially since only about half of people say they will get vaccinated if one is developed. Of course, if that ends up being true, it is likely that its mortality rate will reduce greatly. It may just end up being another respiratory illness that we don't really differentiate from the flu and cold in terms of risks.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        In my world, we call that priming the pump.
                        Nice to have you back ol Chum!
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwynninthehall View Post
                          nice to have you back ol chum!
                          lolol!

Comment

• https://www.metroweekly.com/2020/05/...d-19-exposure/

Comment

• Criminal

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Yes, criminal. They should be removed from office and prosecuted. This is exactly what the Chinese government did to the rest of the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X