Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

I hope Fauci is the shot caller here. I can see what he is saying in this video as a middle ground approach--that we keep things totally shut down in places in bad shape, and maybe we open up places doing well. Still not ideal, but I can see that making sense. In places being hit hard, the fear will be there to stay locked down. In places with very few cases, that fear won't be there.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sn-bts-vpx.cnn

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    More on Gates' take on this. He is very tactful, so doesn't name Trump, but he is basically saying we could have done more in February, now it is too late for this to go easy on us, but we need to take the economic hit and shut down aggressively now. The faster and harder we do it, the better off we will come out of it. Basically, what we have seen and talked about before. An extreme shut down for 6-10 weeks. Sad that it won't happen this way, but as I keep saying, I don't think our current leadership has the patience for it, and since I also think a lot of people would call for the shutdown to end early, I think he will have the support to end this early. He is talking about Easter now. That won't get this thing done. In fact, it will almost be pointless, so we cost jobs and hurt the economy for basically nothing in terms of flattening the curve.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...Dci?li=BBnb4R7
    My concern is that parts of the country will be so bad in 2-4 weeks that the horror of it all will scare anyone from trying to return to normal anytime soon. I hope not, but it seems unavoidable at this point. Think how different things are now from even one week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    My concern is that parts of the country will be so bad in 2-4 weeks that the horror of it all will scare anyone from trying to return to normal anytime soon. I hope not, but it seems unavoidable at this point. Think how different things are now from even one week ago.
    Three weeks ago no one in Seattle would have believed we would shut down schools and Boeing. And pretty much the whole state. A lot is going to change

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Cases in Louisiana have increased 12x since March 12, from 14 to 171. Cases in New York have increased 7x, from 228 to 1374. Colorado and Florida have a 5x increase. Washington state only up about 3x in that time.
    This was one week ago. New York has something like 20 times this many confirmed cases. As sad as it is to say, it is going to look different in a week or two

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid nullnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    It makes me wonder, how did Gates get to become a global elite? I mean someone had to have know this guy was working in his house developing this software and decided, "Well, we can let this guy into our club and not just go seize his work to keep our power." Tinfoil hats!
    you've obviously never seen Gates story. Gates was the original shark. he stole DOS for 50k from some guy, and used it to build windows. he and Jobs both stole windows from Xerox. Gates would comment that when Jobs complains about propriety he openly says, i don't know what he is complaining about, i broke in and already found him there.

Gates just happened to be in the right place at the right time and put it altogether. don't get me wrong he was a hard worker. he invented basic. the dude would stay up for weeks and not shower. but computers became way more accessible earlier because he made a deal with IBM while Jobs would've taken more flesh from the world.

this probably played a role in him becoming the philanthropist he is now. he wasn't always like that. people hated Gates back in the day, yet they lionized Jobs. it couldn't be more opposite. and then he found a woman. and that's why he changed his focus. while Jobs died. the difference between Gates and Jobs in the early days were slim. but as time ebbed fate changed it a lot.

Gates is a saint now, while Jobs was the devil. a simple review of history tells the tail.

Yeah, Gates is no saint when it comes to business practices. But when it comes to philanthropy, there are few better ultra-elites in history. I'm not even a fan of everything their foundation does, particularly the strings attached and slant to some of their educational grants. But it is so easy to not give back, as seen by so many other ultra rich families, and he does so much for so many. He has saved thousands and thousands of lives. The totality of his legacy is tremendously positive. He leads by example for the other ultra wealthy. A stark contrast to Bezos and others.

So Trump is sending 400 ventilators to NY, which needs 30K. How does anyone not see him as the monster he is?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    So Trump is sending 400 ventilators to NY, which needs 30K. How does anyone not see him as the monster he is?
    While Musk sends 1225 to Los Angeles and is looking for more to buy and distribute.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Still teaching today-

Does anyone want to learn a CAD program?

https://www.tinkercad.com/