Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Gah, not what I wanna see when I am taking my 6 year old to his first dental appointment since the pandemic hit. It will be my first visit to a dentist office too, as I canceled my appointment...the tight spaces and the close breathing for a long period of time seemed risky, even though I am sure everyone there is tested frequently. We have been putting it off for awhile now, though, so IDK. Do you think we should cancel again?
    If it makes you feel better, I've been to the dentist three times since this started (broke a tooth a few months ago) and we've been in the clear so far. The dentist told me that luckily no one in the office has tested positive since they opened back up in June or whenever it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Thank you sir.

No intrusion.

The closest thing we can come to for a theory is that we got it from the dentist office. They use really good protocol. We wait outside until our our appointment. Temperature is taken, everything is wiped down in between patients. Everyone wears masks and clear shields. We our appointments at the same time.

Just recently, we can't help wonder if we may have gotten it from the grocery store. All that would have taken would be to miss wiping down one thing that had the virus.
      Thanks... I've been constructing this question in my head not trying to be accusatory. Hacko, any thoughts on yours?
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Thanks... I've been constructing this question in my head not trying to be accusatory. Hacko, any thoughts on yours?
        I am sure I got mine from work. My semi retirement job is at a small Walmart in Akron. The last day I worked we were told 4 people were being tested. That week I helped unload the truck several times which usual has 8 people on it ( all wear mask). My daughter who works at a hospital in Akron said the theory going around there was people were getting it from the break rooms - where people go to eat and take off their mask. She wanted me to take my lunch in the car.

Funny thing is 2 days before I had any symptoms I spent an hour with my youngest daughter. ( masked) and the day before I picked up my grandson from school. Neither got it. I woke up at 2 am puking and then had the worst chills of my life followed by a fever of 102.4.

Comment

• According to Worldometers' data, the US has passed 25 mil. cases .

Comment

• CNN reporting today the new adminstration has found no plan for vaccine distribution left by the former administration. "Square one" -- is the new starting point. Can't believe that incompetent fuckwit wasted all this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Can't believe that incompetent fuckwit wasted all this time.
              And by "can't believe" you mean "find it not surprising at all"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                CNN reporting today the new adminstration has found no plan for vaccine distribution left by the former administration. "Square one" -- is the new starting point. Can't believe that incompetent fuckwit wasted all this time.
                This will be the first of many things we will find out the Trump was exaggerating about. People who are rational will not be surprised. "True patriots" (Trumpers) won't believe anything the Biden administration says.
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                  This will be the first of many things we will find out the Trump was exaggerating about. People who are rational will not be surprised. "True patriots" (Trumpers) won't believe anything the Biden administration says.
                  Again, you're much to kind ITC--He deliberately lied and mislead.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Again, you're much to kind ITC--He deliberately lied and mislead.
                    I'm sure there are many things he deliberately lied and mislead people about, but I think the majority of it was him reflexively lying and misleading people.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Good news: COVID hospitalizations appear to have peaked in the Northeast, West, and South regions somewhere around January 10th and are heading down. (They had already peaked in the Midwest around the Thanksgiving time frame.)

Deaths are not increasing as fast as they had been for the past two or three months, so hopefully we see that peak soon, too.

I hope everyone stays safe. It's a rough time.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Good news: COVID hospitalizations appear to have peaked in the Northeast, West, and South regions somewhere around January 10th and are heading down. (They had already peaked in the Midwest around the Thanksgiving time frame.)

Deaths are not increasing as fast as they had been for the past two or three months, so hopefully we see that peak soon, too.

I hope everyone stays safe. It's a rough time.
                        Yeah, mostly good news. Cases decling significantly. Hope we continue to improve, I have seen concerns about new strains of the virus. I still think a national lockdown along with appropriate aid would be the best choice, but that is apparently not in the works.
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• More folks are saying covid will be endemic, like the flu, including the CEO of Moderna. That is a bummer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            More folks are saying covid will be endemic, like the flu, including the CEO of Moderna. That is a bummer.
                            I think most in the medical field have thought this for awhile, bummer indeed.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              I think most in the medical field have thought this for awhile, bummer indeed.
                              If this turns out to be a real thing, with multiple strains and a higher than the regular flu casualty rate. There will and should be a real and permanent change in our way of life going forward entire industries will have to reinvent how they do business or close altogether.

The vaccine will mitigate but when you can die from catching essentially the flu simply because you are old or at risk due to underlying problems, you're not going to rush into the public as casually as you once did.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                If this turns out to be a real thing, with multiple strains and a higher than the regular flu casualty rate. There will and should be a real and permanent change in our way of life going forward entire industries will have to reinvent how they do business or close altogether.

The vaccine will mitigate but when you can die from catching essentially the flu simply because you are old or at risk due to underlying problems, you're not going to rush into the public as casually as you once did.
                                No doubt...but I think it's going to gradually become less deadly just like the Spanish flu a century ago. It honestly seems to me like this is the earth's way of thinning the herd every 100 years or so. It's utterly tragic for those of us who have to live (and die) through these pandemics, but when you consider the damage humans have inflicted on our planet, we should really as a species take a long hard look in the mirror.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X