Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    is that still the case down there? It was like that here in the very early days but by early April most communities had drive-thru testing sites set up.
    There is drive-thru testing and a number of fixed testing sites at clinics and Walmart/CVS stores, but when we were trying to get my son and myself tested in late June, you had to make an appointment over 7 days out at the fixed sites and get up to get in line before dawn at the temporary drive-thru sites if you wanted a test before they ran out for the day. We decided it wasn't worth it and we would just quarantine and have groceries delivered, etc. I heard rumors of people traveling an hour outside of Houston into more rural communities to get tested, but that is also something we decided not to do. If our symptoms had been more severe, we probably would have done whatever we needed to get tested, but fortunately we were not in that bad of shape.

About a week later, I was able to use connections to get a test, but without those connections, I don't know if I would have been able.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• And in a move that should surprise no one, Trump has replaces Fauci with a bunch of doctors who are touti8ng HXC and claiming the virus is on it's way out. Their main spokesperson has said--women's problems are caused by daemon sperm in their dreams and Jesus will destroy Facebook. Also, according to the NEW Covid-19 stat count run by the HHS (?) cases are flattening out Yay!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        And in a move that should surprise no one, Trump has replaces Fauci with a bunch of doctors who are touti8ng HXC and claiming the virus is on it's way out. Their main spokesperson has said--women's problems are caused by daemon sperm in their dreams and Jesus will destroy Facebook. Also, according to the NEW Covid-19 stat count run by the HHS (?) cases are flattening out Yay!
        Replaces Fauci in what way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Replaces Fauci in what way?
          As his preferred doctor to speak on Corona virus, at least his social media doctor.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Trumpie-lovin' mask skeptic, tested positive for coronavirus.

Comment

• 3 weeks ago when I went to do my taxes, I usually do them myself but went professional this time. I drove by a place doing 'free covid-19 testing'. but when I pulled up they said they would charge my health insurance. I didn't have health insurance, so they said it was free but would take my drivers license information, so I reluctantly refused thinking they would take down my info and bill me anyways.

I regret ever buying health insurance my entire life even tho I live in MA. for me it was never worth it. and then the testing site says they don't test for RNA fragments but only for nose swabs.

this is a total failure of healthcare.

the United States, at no time, was ever prepared to deal with something like this. outsourced jobs, no universal healthcare, overspending on Medicare and Medicaid.

it's not that democracy is flawed, it's that we just aren't able to overcome the obstacles once the shit hit's the fan. and the shit hit the fan. Covid-19 is the end of the United States.

Comment

• there's one fundamental law of nature. the meek inherit the earth due to the collapse of the excesses of the strong. the universe is not heartless. everything has a center.

Comment

• oh I have to explain what I mean or risk sounding like jay. what I mean is galaxies have massive black holes at their centers. without them anchoring the galaxy it never forms. atoms have nucleuses, solar systems have suns. and in time, atoms, and suns and someday even massive black holes, job creators, governments, disintegrate and the pieces that orbit their centers regroup and start over. not such a big correlation or revelation.

everything in reality is built from small pieces that scale up to a bigger level. until it becomes too big to withstand it's own gravity. this is the way. we are all made of the same materials. what affects everything affects us. everything is connected. there's no dividers we can build to say we are exceptional and not effected. there's no denial except in our own individual perspectives. perhaps there's even no external reality. .. lol, that's not true though. because it's infinite.

it's funny really. here we are, and we really haven't even begun to realize how screwed up things are this time. business as usual.

Comment

• The title of this video sums the situation up very succinctly:

Dr. Joseph Varon, CMO of United Memorial Medical Center , said, "I'm fighting two wars simultaneously, one is COVID-19 & another one is 'Stupidity'".#US #Cor...

Comment

• well yeah, we've established that people --lots of em (and some of our RJ brethren) are either fucking stupid or willfully ignorant.

It's too bad rational folk have to be held hostage by the Idiocracy crowd.

but here we are.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        Here's a link to a YT video comparing the progression of CV-19 to other significant pandemics of this century, particularly the 2009-10 Swine Flu outbreak. The starting point is Day #1 for each outbreak, for which for CV-19 they use Jan 1 (actually, IIRC, the first confirmed case was from early Dec). It's fairly short, only 6 mins:
                        A lot of people requested that I update my first COVID-19 video, so I did!The first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dDD2tHWWnUBehind the scenes of me...

CV-19 really took off on Day #69 and proceeded to outpace all other pandemics up until now (3/19), which is Day #79. But about Day #89, Swine flu really took off and far outpaced all the others. That pandemic didn't start to flatten out until well over year later. It is estimated that between 150,000 and 575,000 people died in the Swine Flu outbreak (this vid uses a figure of almost 300,000). But even if the rate of new deaths for CV-19 remains the same from this point on, this vid shows that it still eventually will top the # of Swine Flu deaths (about Day #320). Scary stuff. Hopefully, it will start to flatten out soon.
                        A little perspective. My above post was from 3/19 and says if the rate of new CV-19 deaths at that time remained the same, the worldwide deaths would pass the total deaths of the Swine flu (about 296,000 according the the video's estimate) at about day #320, which using the date of the 1st reported CV-19 case (12/1/19) would not be until 10/15/20. Well, the CV-19 deaths passed that figure less than 2 months later on or about 5/15/20. The swine flu's curve didnt start to flatten out significantly until about day #400, which for CV-19 would be Jan 3, 2021. Of course, CV-19 is not swine flu but that sounds realistic to me.

Comment

• an estimate of 2% mortality and 7.8 billion people at 150 millions deaths. I am just guessing what if, assuming the mortality rate is much lower now, if healthcare is overwhelmed it would bring the rate higher. also, if an average country's population is 30 million, out of 200 country's that's 5 countries.

but it would create a snowball or butterfly effect. economic and environmental pressure's and strife would cause conflict resulting in more chaos; resulting in unpredictable mortality rates.

it's the ultimate test of civilization. if there if an order of tests for survival. you can't close down the economy any more. we are going to have to vaccine and open up and cross our fingers. and when a vaccine comes out and works and people take it, it will be happen just when everything seems out of control. like cowboy's. because that's how evolution works.

Comment

• sometimes when you use science you notice an overlap with spirituality. for example, where I live the old guy here is going to die from health problems soon. not that soon. but, he complains he has no will. he owns 7 acres of wetlands. I was the first one to try to tell him to donate it to a conservation society.

extrapolate this to multi-universe theory. so..even when you die, you can still take it with you. but what you don't want to do is leave a legacy of infamy. what you do in this life affects what you do in other universes or realities- because in another reality you never died. but the goodwill in this universe caused the one next to it to be similar and perhaps exert good karma. the philosophy is similar to other metaphysical beliefs like religion.

perhaps it's like the two slit experiment. one choice is bad and another is worse. or one choice is good but the other is still good but not as good. it's karma.

or maybe the universe and evolution, and life, is like the movie the terminator. Kyle Reese: Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there, it cant be bargained with, it cant be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop. it's a feature.

Comment

• On 3/28/20, the ten countries w the highest # of CV-19 cases were:
                              1 USA 123,871
                              2 Italy 92,472
                              3 China 81,394
                              4 Spain 73.235
                              5 Germany 58,362
                              6 France 38,105
                              7 Iran 35,408
                              8 UK 17,312
                              9 Switzerland 14,108
                              10 Netherlands 9,819

Currently, this is the top 10:
                              1 USA 4,813,647
                              2 Brazil 2,733,677
                              3 India 1,804,702
                              4 Russia 850,870
                              5 South Africa 511,485
                              6 Mexico 439,046
                              7 Peru 428,850
                              8 Chile 359,731
                              9 Colombia 317,651
                              10 Iran 309,437

In March, 7 of the top 10 were Western European countries. Currently, none of them are. In March, none of the top 10 were Latin American countries. Currently, 5 of them are. The only 2 countries that are on both lists are the US and Iran, each ranked in the same or similar spot. Western Europe has figured out how to flatten the CV-19 curve while the US, who was experiencing a similar amount impact from the pandemic, has not. Similar types of governments, economic systems and cultures, different results. Very disappointing. US cases have increased by almost 39 times between the 2 dates. The cases of the European countries listed have increased from 2 to 5.6 times, except for the UK which has increased about 17.6 times.

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 7/27 at 7:46 AM, exactly 7 days ago. Mortality rate is figured using the current death total divided by the total cases from the update 3 weeks ago (7/13):

- 4,813,984 cases in the US, up from 4,371,992, an increase of 10.11% which is a much smaller increase than last time (12.14%). At this rate of increase, the US projects to have 5 mil. cases by 8/6. The new cases for this period were 441,992, which gives a 7-day daily average of 63,142, down from 67,614. A comparison w last period's new cases (473,298) gives a new cases increase rate of 0.934, which is lower than that of the last update (0.977). Encouraging, for the 2nd week in a row.
                                - 158,375 deaths in the US, up from 149,852, an increase of 5.69% which is a larger increase than last time (4.58%). At this rate of increase, the US projects to have 200,000 deaths by about 9/2. The new deaths for this period were 8,523, which gives a 7-day daily average of 1,218, up from 938. The mortality rate is 4.64% (158,375/3,414,105), lower than last time (5.02% (149,852/2,983,155)). The rate for the week's new deaths is 1.98% (8,523/430,950), about the same as last time (1.90% (6,563/345,975)).
                                - 18,202,448 cases worldwide, up from 16,395,861, an increase of 11.02% which is a smaller increase than last time (11.81%). At this rate of increase, the world projects to have 20 mil. cases by about 8/10. The new cases for this period were 1,806,587, which gives a 7-day daily average of 258,084, up from 247,439. A comparison w last period's new cases (1,732,076) gives a new cases increase rate of 1.043, which is about the same as last time (1.047).
                                - 693,396 deaths worldwide, up from 652,841, an increase of 6.21% which is a smaller increase than last time (7.08%). At this rate of increase, the world projects to have 1,000,000 deaths by about 9/15. The new deaths for this period were 40,555, which gives a 7-day daily average of 5,794, down from 6,166. The mortality rate is 5.33% (693,396/13,009,990), lower than last time (5.66% (652,841/11,533,374)). The rate for the week's new deaths is 2.75% (40,555/1,476,616), lower than last for the previous period (3.29% (43,165/1,312,987)).

Case rates of increase were smaller than last time for both the world and the US and the death rate of increase was smaller for the world but larger for the US. New case rates dropped for both the world and the US and overall mortality rates continue to decrease for both the world and the US. Cases continue to surge in Russia, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Bolivia, Mexico, the Middle East, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and South Africa. And Spain seems to be experiencing a bit of a 2nd wave.

Comment

Working...
                                X