Page 248 of 248 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248
Results 2,471 to 2,477 of 2477

Thread: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I think some are definitely policy drivers like DeSantis and Kemp and then there are other who seem to be riding the tide of minion sentiment like Abbott. I think it starts with Rump and swirls outward and after that it's a morass of ignorance and politics and who is driving and who is reacting moves with the tide.
    I think Abbott would do the right thing if it weren't for Trump making that extremely difficult for him politically. At this point that's impossible given all the FUD that's been sown.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I think Abbott would do the right thing if it weren't for Trump making that extremely difficult for him politically. At this point that's impossible given all the FUD that's been sown.
    I agree, which is why I put him in the following the way the minions flow category--he seems to WANT to do the right thing, but gets peer pressured into going with the MAGA flow.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

This is a good reminder of the hidden death toll with COVID: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...bDy?li=BBorjTa

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    United Parcel Service Inc. is building two giant freezer farms capable of super-cooling millions of vials of a Covid-19 vaccine, preparing for the day when it will need to deliver the medicine at high speed across the globe.

The facilities, under construction in Louisville, Kentucky, and the Netherlands, near UPS air hubs, will house a total of 600 deep-freezers that can each hold 48,000 vials of vaccine at temperatures as low as -80 Celsius (-112 Fahrenheit). That’s on par with some of the coldest temperatures in Antarctica.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-if-we-get-one

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Some schools reopened this past week in Mississippi and Georgia and there are already cases of children with COVID-19.

All Division II & III colleges have cancelled their fall sports due to coronavirus concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    All Division II & III colleges have cancelled their fall sports due to coronavirus concerns.
    They should cancel them all. No amateurs should be out there risking that much and with far less stringent safety measures and testing that we are seeing fail in the pros.