Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    It'll be back down to 18K within a couple weeks.
    I'll take that bet.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      I'll take that bet.
      I wasn't offering to make a bet.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I wasn't offering to make a bet.
        I know, but man I gotta make money wherever I can right now...…… :P
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• JAWS in the time of the coronavirus

Brody: This is a Great White, Larry, a big one. And any shark expert in the world'll tell ya it's a killer. It's a man-eater.
          Vaughn: Love to prove that, wouldn't ya? Get your name into the National Geographic.
          Mayor Vaughn: Martin, it's all psychological. You yell flu or car accident, everybody says, "Huh? What?" You yell coronavirus, we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July.
          Quint: “There's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me, by myself. For that, you get the head, the tail, the whole damned thing.”
          Quint: Bad fish. It's not like going down to pond chasin' blue gills or tommy cots. This shark - swallow ya hole. L'il shakin',l'il tenderizin', down ya go. Now we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back the tourists.
          Hooper: Ah, you know those eight guys in the fan-tail launch out there?
          Martin: Yeah?
          Hooper: Well none of them are going to get out of the harbour alive.
          Mayor Vaughn: “Now look fellas, lets be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some sort of half ass autopsy on a fish.
          Meadows: Listen Jenny, I wanna go AP and UPI. I wanna get on the state wire see if Boston will pick it up and go national.
          Martin: That's not until the fourth of July! Between now and then it's you and me!
          Mayor Vaughn : I don't think either of one you are familiar with our problems.
          Mayor Vaughn : I'm only trying to say that Amity is a summer town. We need summer dollars. Now, if the people can't swim here, they'll be glad to swim at the beaches of Cape Cod, the Hamptons, Long Island...
          Hooper: You've got a bigger problem than that Martin, you still got a hell of a fish out there, with a mouth about this big.
          Martin: Who pays for all this stuff? The government? The institute? This stuff costs a lot of money.
          Martin: We're gonna have to put extra deputies on because there ain't nothing in the world that's gonna come in here! We've gotta spend money to save what we've got!
          Hooper: There are two ways to deal with this problem. You either gonna kill this animal or your gonna cut off its food supply.
          Martin: Larry we have to close the beaches.
          Vaughn: Brody? Sick vandalism. That is a deliberate attempt by the fake news to ruin my election. Now I want those little paint-happy bastards caught and hung up by their Buster Browns!
          Hooper: That's it! Good-bye! I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a man who is lining up to be a hot lunch
          Hooper: Mr. Vaughn, what we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, ah, an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks.
          Martin: Larry, Larry, if we make an effort today, we might be able to save August.
          Vaughn: August? Heh, for Christ's sake tomorrow is the fourth of July! And we will be open for business. It's gonna be one of the best summer we ever had! Now if you fellas are concerned about the beaches, you do whatever you have to, to make them safe. But those beaches will be open for this weekend!
          Hooper: “I think I am familiar with the fact that you are going to ignore this problem until it swims up and bites you in the ass.”
          Quint: Well it proves one thing Mr. Hooper. I proves that you wealthy college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong.
          Hooper: Well then, can you tell me if there's a good restaurant or hotel on the island?
          Fisherman: Yeah ya walk straight ahead! Ha ha!
          Hooper: Ha ha we're all gonna die.
          Harry: It's cold! Huh huh, we know all about you chief. You don't go in the water at all do ya?
          Martin: That's some bad hat, Harry!
          Martin: I used to hate the water.
          Hooper: I can't imagine why.

Comment

• One of my most memorable baseball stadium experiences was going to Fenway and singing the original version of this song with everyone there. So, I thought all you baseball geeks would appreciate Neil Diamond's COVID update of the song. May we all live to be as awesome as Neil is at 79 (who am I kidding, none of us will ever be that awesome).

Comment

It'll be back down to 18K within a couple weeks.
              If it does, I'm ready to invest some more.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• That chart shows why the New Orleans and Detroit outbreaks aren't getting as much attention as they should, and why California isn't nearly as concerning as people are making it out to be.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Now the true horror begins.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Apparently, he saw a leaked copy of a deal from Henry Ford in Detroit, but they are not yet to that point so the tweet has been removed. It's only a matter of time, but unfortunate that he jumped the gun so the RW goons have a way to attack his integrity and the facts he is disseminating.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Boris Johnson tests positive for coronavirus

Comment

removed

what was it about?

Comment

• the f**ker is still hell bent on killing people

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump...l&uh_test=2_15

Comment

• I just watched a video that said the total # of ventilators in the US is 62,000. This is far short of the # that we'll likely need just in the next couple weeks!! So medical staff will have to start making decisions on who lives or dies in just 2 weeks or so.

Also, this same video said that this virus may end up infecting 70% of the world's population. That would be about 231 mil. Americans. Even if we assume a relatively moderate mortality rate of about 2.5%, this means about 5.8 million dead!!

BTW, the worldwide deaths based on a 2.5% mortality rate would be about 136 mil!! That's more than the estimated # of deaths from the 1918 flu virus.
                              Last edited by rhd; 03-27-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• rhd, i read that as well. And that is using a conservative, imo, 2.5% mortality rate for infection. I am constantly reading minimizing by people who feel this is being over-stated. This will not be that bad. And it is time to get back to work and get economy rolling. Note, as a point of comparison of how this will be the single biggest historical event in most of our lifetimes, every bit as big as say ww2, would be to look at past. Namely, we are a country that has been in near constant war for a hundred years, with a massive military budget. If you count every U.S. military death in every war, from civil war, WW 1, ww 2, vietnam, korean, persian gulf, on and on. Just every conflict, U.S. has lost 1.1 million americans.

this single event, the covid-19, will be a multiple of that loss of life. And it is still be minimized as you will just feel like you had the flu and it will pass. The single biggest historical event of our lifetimes is unfolding right now, and we are being gaslighted by fox and an idiot president.

Comment

Working...
                                X