Page 219 of 226 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2260

Thread: Corona Virus

What's the latest on CA universities? I mean, I should probably know, but I don't.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Numbers coming out of Mexico have to be off--200K confirmed cases with 25K deaths--
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    What's the latest on CA universities? I mean, I should probably know, but I don't.
    Community Colleges in So Cal are doing as much of it as they can online with only a few lab type classes being offered on campus. UC's are doing much of the same. My wife will be doing her entire schedule from the house.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Florida residents must be so thankful they opened them up for a few weeks.
    yeah, who could have ever seen this happening..........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    yeah, who could have ever seen this happening..........
    It's shocking, really. First it was the huge amount of tests, then the migrant workers, before Dumpy Jr. down there ran out of excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    I believe Cal State universities said online for fall, but Cal Poly rebelled and said they will be at school. Subject to change of course. Not sure about Univ of California

I predict a "Mission Accomplished" Covid briefing from 45 today.

I could be wrong, but then again--Maybe Nots.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    Yep, I've noted that the recent surge is practically all in the southern states for reasons I dont know. The northern states got hit hard in the 1st wave, particularly the northeast, but they dont seem to be experiencing a 2nd wave yet. Actually, California and Louisiana are not surging so much as the other southern states.
    Reasons you don't know? Isn't it pretty generally following party lines? That's what I've seen locally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I believe Cal State universities said online for fall, but Cal Poly rebelled and said they will be at school. Subject to change of course. Not sure about Univ of California
    Yeah not sure about Cal State, I know there's a big push for students in the UC system to be allowed to break leases they signed in preparation of having to be AT or IN school. It's a mess as some landlords are being cool and others are demanding leases be honored.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Reason's you don't know? Isn't it pretty generally following party lines? That's what I've seen locally.
    This is what I see as well, with a "I'm young and indestructible" outlier

Martin Luther King, Jr.