Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Biden on President Trump's response to the coronavirus:

Seizing on Trump's remark in April that he was now a "wartime President," Biden adopted a tone of scathing mockery.
    "What happened? Now it's almost July, and it seems like our wartime president has surrendered -- waved the white flag and left the battlefield," the Democrat said in a speech in his hometown of Wilmington, Delaware.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Other countries are slowly reopening after suppressing their curves. They are also banning American tourists because of the skyrocketing infection rates in the U.S. giving new meaning to the term world leader.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Interesting to see some of the Republican Senators start to pull away from Trump and tell people to wear masks. Perhaps they think this will be enough to distance themselves from him.

In reality, I think they understand that if we can get people to wear masks, we may not have to do a second or third round of economic stimulus packages.

They're too late, as Trumpers have drank the Kool-Aid about masks being harmful.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• The USA has now set new daily case records in 5 of the last 8 days. We're #1!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            The USA has now set new daily case records in 5 of the last 8 days. We're #1!
            I knew this would happen, but it is happening faster than I thought, and more steeply. It is dumbfounding to realize just how widespread careless behavior had to have been for us to get to this point after the long slog to suppress this thing. So much work undone in just a couple of careless weeks.

Comment

• Our country is filled with too many selfish entitled morons.

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Short video about Uruguay's success in combatting CV-19, supposedly w/o a lockdown:

Your Story: Uruguay contains COVID-19 outbreak without lockdown | Less than 1,000 cases, 28 deathsMore than 1000 positive COVID-19 cases and 28 deaths Urugua...

Sweden supposedly did something similar. So why did Uruguay have much better success than Sweden? It says that Uruguay did impose restrictions such as preventing construction workers from working, shutting down restaurants and gyms, and closing schools. Sweden did not close restaurants or nightclubs and did not close schools for students under 16 and allowed gatherings of up to 50 people. So Uruguay seems more like a partial lockdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Our country is filled with too many selfish entitled morons.
                  RJEL Girl has been ranting about this all morning. I mean, you want to play chicken with your own life, whatever, "I'm young, I'll just get a bit sick, people will laugh, great story bro", but this is like playing with your whole family in the car.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Lots of interesting factoids. NY had cases rise for 3 weeks after lockdown apparently. So Florida is only going to get worse for a while. Truly hope they can maintain the lower death rates that they appear to have had so far.

Outbreaks in Texas, California, Florida and Arizona have helped the United States break records and send cases rising at rates not seen since April. In June, Florida infections rose by 168% or over 95,000 new cases. Florida, with 21 million residents, has reported more new daily coronavirus cases than any European country had at the height of their outbreaks.

In June, Florida infections rose by 168% or over 95,000 new cases. The percent of tests coming back positive has skyrocketed to 15% from 4% at the end of May.

Florida, with 21 million residents, has reported more new daily coronavirus cases than any European country had at the height of their outbreaks.

To contain the outbreak, Florida has closed bars and some beaches but the governor has resisted requiring masks statewide in public or reimposing a lockdown.

Only one other state has reported more than 10,000 new cases in a single day. New York recorded 12,847 new infections on April 10, three weeks after the state implemented a strict lockdown that closed most businesses. While the state has relaxed many measures, it requires masks in public and mandates anyone arriving from 16 other U.S. states with high infections self-quarantine for two weeks.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Lots of interesting factoids. NY had cases rise for 3 weeks after lockdown apparently. So Florida is only going to get worse for a while. Truly hope they can maintain the lower death rates that they appear to have had so far.

Outbreaks in Texas, California, Florida and Arizona have helped the United States break records and send cases rising at rates not seen since April. In June, Florida infections rose by 168% or over 95,000 new cases. Florida, with 21 million residents, has reported more new daily coronavirus cases than any European country had at the height of their outbreaks.

In June, Florida infections rose by 168% or over 95,000 new cases. The percent of tests coming back positive has skyrocketed to 15% from 4% at the end of May.

Florida, with 21 million residents, has reported more new daily coronavirus cases than any European country had at the height of their outbreaks.

To contain the outbreak, Florida has closed bars and some beaches but the governor has resisted requiring masks statewide in public or reimposing a lockdown.

Only one other state has reported more than 10,000 new cases in a single day. New York recorded 12,847 new infections on April 10, three weeks after the state implemented a strict lockdown that closed most businesses. While the state has relaxed many measures, it requires masks in public and mandates anyone arriving from 16 other U.S. states with high infections self-quarantine for two weeks.
                      A relative of mine used to live in Florida. She went back about 5 weeks ago and went out to bars and restaurants when they reopened, told me it was safe because the county only had 97 cases. Today they reported 173 new cases in a single day . I wonder at what point she will think it isn't safe.
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• A study suggests the actual mortality rate in the US is 28% higher than reported numbers:
                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...wpk?li=BBorjTa

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Death rate in the southern states ticked up a little bit around the June 22-23 time frame, but so far has not exploded the way the case count has, or even for that matter reached the peak rates of late April and early May.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I guess the south will rise again.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• After touting the no mask policy at Trump's Tulsa rally (and speaking at it) Herman Cain has been hospitalized with Covid 19.

Karma.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X