Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I went for a walk around the neighborhood tonight with my wife, and we both remarked how quiet it was. Then after a bit we realized that it was because we couldn't hear the normal sounds of traffic.
    That was me 3 weeks ago. It seems not so quiet now. Hope it is just people getting out to safe spaces. I suppose there aren't many other options
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      That was me 3 weeks ago. It seems not so quiet now. Hope it is just people getting out to safe spaces. I suppose there aren't many other options
      Ok, almost 11 pm on a friday night. Very quiet.
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So, the last few posts have prompted me to say this.

WE are the pestilence. Mankind is the scourge of the earth in pretty much every sense.

Since the Virus has forced us to stop the daily activities so many scientists have agreed are destroying the planet/climate we have seen...…..

Air pollution disappearing in every major city center so much so that the Himalayas can be seen from India in places they haven't been visible for in decades.

Waterways are clear and fish, sea life et al are returning to them and thriving.

Endangered sea turtles are spawning on beaches that are now Human free.

The Giant pandas who have been at the san Diego zoo for 10+ years have finally mated because they aren't being harassed by tourists daily.

We don't deserve this planet.

We kill it, we exploit it and for what? Comfort? Money? because we think we're do fucking superior? Well a microscopic Virus is capable of bringing us to our knees so who's the bitch now?

Sure. we'll survive this one, but it's clear to see--we are just another cog in a wheel greater than ourselves and if we don't learn a little humility--we will kill ourselves off one way or another.

Either though our arrogance that we are supreme and invulnerable or that we were anointed to dominate and use whatever we like as a means to our ends.

Very few will learn from this, we will repeat our transgressions in masse because most of us lack the power or will to change anything.

I don't want people to suffer or be hurt nor do I want loved ones to be lost, but I can honestly say--If it'd change the current mindset of selfishness and greed, I'd welcome any event that'd shake us into a reality, even if it meant the loss of Millions/Billions, where we actually looked to build a world, sustainable and equitable. Hell I'd even be the first to jump in the volcano if it'd help.

I'm glad you can hear the wind, the waves and the birds. See the mountains and horizons without the haze and that the animals feel unfettered enough to thrive.

I'm going to be sad when we, as a species, return to our self serving ways.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Probably most cases last less than three weeks i think...where are u going with this ?
          If we knew we had survived it, and could not get it again or be a carrier, we could help in many areas that are needed.

We could go back to work without worrying about passing it on to others.

From a numbers standpoint we will never know how many early cases resulted it healing as they were not reported if people stayed at home and worked through it. Only the deaths would have been reported and those who went to the hospital and healed up. Like the family i mentioned in an earlier post. 5-0 not dead, healed, not reported either way.

Comment

• NYC schools closed for the remainder of the school year

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

Very few will learn from this, we will repeat our transgressions in masse because most of us lack the power or will to change anything.

I don't want people to suffer or be hurt nor do I want loved ones to be lost, but I can honestly say--If it'd change the current mindset of selfishness and greed, I'd welcome any event that'd shake us into a reality, even if it meant the loss of Millions/Billions, where we actually looked to build a world, sustainable and equitable.
              So you are saying if you were god this would be your plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Thanatos!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• US now has the most CV-19 deaths of any country . Italy will pass us again once they report today's figures but we will pass them again later today for good.

Comment

If we knew we had survived it, and could not get it again or be a carrier, we could help in many areas that are needed.

We could go back to work without worrying about passing it on to others.

From a numbers standpoint we will never know how many early cases resulted it healing as they were not reported if people stayed at home and worked through it. Only the deaths would have been reported and those who went to the hospital and healed up. Like the family i mentioned in an earlier post. 5-0 not dead, healed, not reported either way.
                    They are doing serology studies now to determine this. We should know the answer at a general statistical level in a few weeks, I think.

And if the number of asymptomatic but immune people is significant, then I imagine there would be a push to do the blood testing at a much wider scale.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      US now has the most CV-19 deaths of any country . Italy will pass us again once they report today's figures but we will pass them again later today for good.
                      We're almost 1K ahead, I don't think we're looking back.

Daily and weekly updated statistics tracking the number of COVID-19 cases, recovered, and deaths. Historical data with cumulative charts, graphs, and updates.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• My wife went to the grocery store yesterday. She said that virtually all the women were wearing masks, and none of the men, unless they were Asian or elderly.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Even the coronavirus pandemic couldn’t stop Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio from squaring off in a petty — and very public — schoolyard brawl on Saturday, with Hizzoner announcing city s…

I think DiBlasio bears an enormous amount of responsibility for the severity of the outbreak in NYC, but he is right to keep the schools closed for the rest of the year. I don’t understand why Cuomo wants to jerk him around on this other than, I guess, he can.

Comment

I don't believe in a God, but if there were a Supreme being and I was it. I would hope to have done a better job creating mankind in the first place.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Crime down world wide since the covid 19 lock downs started.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                                https://nypost.com/2020/04/11/cuomo-...chools-closed/

I think DiBlasio bears an enormous amount of responsibility for the severity of the outbreak in NYC, but he is right to keep the schools closed for the rest of the year. I don’t understand why Cuomo wants to jerk him around on this other than, I guess, he can.
                                I think the wording of DiBlasio's proclamation is problematic. Not only does it say we are on lockdown until the end of what would have been the school year, in middle June, but all the way to September. It suggests that schools and daycares and by extension much else should be closed till September, which means lots of people won't be able too work until then. I think a better wording at this point would be to say the scheduled school year is cancelled, but that leaves open the possibility of getting in some schooling in over the Summer. It may not happen, but no need to proclaim that impossible just yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X