Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the world isn't right these days.

Comment

• it's true this whole coronavirus really fucked up the worlds ability to man up. how do you defend against something like that. not at least by our ignorant standards. which is why it's spreading and mutating even more.

democrats can blame republicans, and women can blame men.

Comment

• $10 mil could buy a fine sailboat.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          yI am like why would they be playing Judge to pull the ball on the ground but hit the opposite way in the air. it just seemed risky.
          Because that's what the typical MLB hitter does? I've seen a lot of announcers and fans comment on how they think that alignment is strange, but ground balls tend to go to the pull side and fly balls tend to go to the opposite field, so that's a pretty standard defensive alignment around MLB at this point. That's a fact that's driven a couple reasons, but mainly by the geometry of the strike zone being below the player's hands. Because the bat is tilted downward below horizontal on almost all contact, if the ball strikes the bottom part of the bat, it will also tend to deflect toward the pull field, and if it strikes the top part of the bat, it will also tend to deflect toward the opposite field.

Guest writer Matt Lentzner explains how a round ball hitting a round bat causes grounders to be pulled and flyballs to be hit the other way.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            you really can't catch the virus outside, in the US, maybe India.

ok. wtf. outside people eventually go inside, somewhere. you are at a porting even, you go inside, you get a hot dog, you get infected.

or you are outside, a Home Run is hit to you, you spill your nachos and rip your pants on a seat and still lose the Home Run ball, but you escape infection.

and life continues.
            Except if you get the 'rona and spread it to hundreds more before you die of it!

Crackhead Sen. Ron Johnson is questioning why "everyone" needs to get the vaccine. Hmmm, lessee. If the vaccine is 95% effective, then that math says you can have a close encounter with 20 covid carriers before you may get it. If 90% of the population gets the vaccine, then finding those 20 becomes remote (unless you're at a Trumptard Rally, I suppose). But if only 50% get it, then suddenly those odds shoot up. Is it that hard for these idiots to understand?

Honestly, is this the best Wisconsin can do? Elect this stunningly incompetent moron?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Except if you get the 'rona and spread it to hundreds more before you die of it!

Crackhead Sen. Ron Johnson is questioning why "everyone" needs to get the vaccine. Hmmm, lessee. If the vaccine is 95% effective, then that math says you can have a close encounter with 20 covid carriers before you may get it. If 90% of the population gets the vaccine, then finding those 20 becomes remote (unless you're at a Trumptard Rally, I suppose). But if only 50% get it, then suddenly those odds shoot up. Is it that hard for these idiots to understand?

Honestly, is this the best Wisconsin can do? Elect this stunningly incompetent moron?
              Not to mention the fact that the 95% efficacy rate is likely much lower, depending on how you define it. Depending on where you are and what variants are present, and if you define immunity as completely stopping transmission vs stopping people from getting really sick, the the rate is much less. So, the more that get it the better, obviously. I fear that all the talk of us needing 70% or so of people to be fully vaccinated to get us to herd immunity will give lots of folks outs not to get it, especially those who count the number of people who have gotten COVID in the figures, even though many of them have also been vaccinated, so they do not stack.

It would be really ideal if everyone who is able gets vaccinated, but we know that will not happen. But we do not know what the final number of those who will not will be yet. Slowly, the number of folks reluctant to get it is shrinking. It used to be nearly half. It is now under 40% and falling.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-23-2021, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                It is not under 40% and falling.
                Dont you mean "It is now under 40% and falling."?

I get my 2nd shot next Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Dont you mean "It is now under 40% and falling."?

I get my 2nd shot next Thursday.
                  Yes, editing error. One of many.

Comment

• Happy one year anniversary of former stable genius telling everyone the following misinformation:

Originally posted by Orange Moron
                    "A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."
                    As we approach 600,000 dead Americans, I wonder how many deaths the guy who wants to bone his daughter is responsible for?
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I limited myself to a 6-pack tonight. in the next few days I have to help the RV guy sail his boat 17 miles. I have a lot of faith in is survival skills. I've had that sailing manual book he told me to read and everyone buys. the one with the blue cover. I never read it. I still have 20+ days to sail my boat.

but I had a great idea tonight. good and evil. order and chaos. relativity and quantum mechanics. see.

also, I think the best reference to Trump I've seen is Mango Mussolini.

I forgot what I was gonna say.

but really, ultraviolet blood theory actually works. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_irradiation_therapy
                      This procedure fell out of favor in the late 1950s, at a time when antibiotics and the polio vaccine were becoming widely used.[7] Since then it has been sidelined as a type of alternative and complementary medicine
                      I think when alien's visit earth someday, they'll be like everyone else confused. remember intelligence is a function of evolution. so we got that going for us.

Comment

• I haven't gotten vaccinated yet, trying to wait till the last minute. which is what I always do, which often ends up being never. and yet I go sailing with a guy that works out in a gym and goes to church's w/o mask wearing. not to mention scumbags I play chess with from the campground that frequently venture in the most infected areas. the old guy here has been vaccinated though. his main nurse died from the virus. she was in her 40's. they visit him in his RV mostly every morning for the last 2 years. last week he went out and they called the police for a welfare check. they banged on my RV but I hid and didn't answer the door. that was because the building inspector came by 2 days before. but it was all about nothing. I tried to listen to the police scanner on my computer, hehe.

yeah, you know, life is great. it's like everyone wants a piece of you. even the cats climb the ladder of the
                        RV and try to break in the skylight. you can hear their feet on the roof.

so the other day I find a tick full of blood on my bed. it dropped of one of the cats. and then when I take it outside and pop it the other cat shows up and inspects. later they both go inside the RV and act like they are looking for bloated ticks. and I am thinking how the fuck did one cat tell the other what was going on. but they did. somehow they communicate complex things.

I anticipate after I drown trying to swim 2 miles, they'll have signs with a doodle of my picture on telephone polls asking if anyone has see this human to notify them.

Comment

• Australia had one of the first nasty strains of the virus and they shut everything down and stopped it from escaping and spreading. they don't get credit but they should. similarly, the US and Brazil and India won't get criticized for allowing even worse strains to spread due to craziness.

maybe someday it will get so bad we'll be blaming each other for the different variants. or maybe not.

I think someone should be looking at this thing combining with MERS with a 30% mortality rate.

it's like Ebola, you wouldn't want a more contagious version recombining with the Marburg version.

Comment

• it's really as simple a taking a few civet cats and infecting them with original sars and repeated exposing them to covid19, or dromedary and mers and covid. there's no stopping research like it. you figure it's gonna eventually happen naturally or by accident. but's it's really inevitable.

just like someone dumping 250k barrels of DDT 12 miles of the coast of California right after silent spring.

Comment

• so it's been a year now? and we think, some kind of shot in the arm is going to work this time. except it's not. at best you'll take a shot 3 times a year and hope for the best.

it's still the apocalypse. I was just wondering how you guys feel about it. it's ok if you need more time to think about it.

Comment

• you know what one of the great things about being me is? ..so the last 2 years some of my friends I met at the campground are cokeheads. they have no teeth. they pretty much do it every day. crack is a little different, those guys still have their teeth, but it's more evil. I've never done crack.

I've done coke, for about a year back in the day. it's an evil drug. this whole time, when they first met me, they didn't want to bring it up while they tried to borrow money.

and when they realized I didn't care, they offered, and I say no. been there, done that. that's a drug you say no to, there's no leeway with it. and they are cool with me about that. I am not gonna take or do their coke or join, end of story.

so one night, they were like come on larry. back in the day, I used to put coke in my eyeball. no shit, put a little corner in your eye, and your eye goes numb. it's great. you move your eyeball around after an am like, oh yeah, I can't feel my eye dude!

and one day I didn't break it up enough and I scratched my fucking cornea. so I went to the hospital. I told them some plaster fell in my eye. I scratched my cornea before landscaping when a rock hit my eye while landscaping with a weed wacker. so I knew there medical shit on the table to numb my eye. and I stole it. there's nothing worse than fucking your eye up.

all I am saying is when you are hanging around a bunch of coke heads with no teeth and they offer you coke and you put a little in your eye, they all look at you like you are fucked in the head. and they will never pressure you to do coke ever again.

so I got that going for me. which is nice. you think I freak you guys out, and don't know how to respond to me. don't feel bad about it, you guys have been able to handle me for 20 years, which is more than I can say for the cokeheads. heh

Comment

Working...
                                X