No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think if 5 million people died in the US, which was my estimate it still wouldn't change anything. people would've tried to comparing it to wars I think.

it does actually raise the question, what exactly are we protecting?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Yeah, that was my whole point
      They won't change their ways until there are federal mandates. And that won't happen before January 20.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I don't understand when I goto Walmart there are no N95 masks to buy on the shelves. after 11 months into this, there's really nothing. anything less than a N95 is completely inadequate.

sure free markets invented a vaccine, while free markets left us with ineffective masks. it's a 50/50 victory for our cowboy mentality.

yet still, the wild west was fucking cool. that actually would be a cool time to live, I think.

Comment

• it's a crime that n95 masks are not being made enough.

Comment

• that's where in WWII we survived. back then you could order a society to make masks or the right equipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              They won't change their ways until there are federal mandates. And that won't happen before January 20.
              States and local governments absolutely have the capability to respond, their hands are not tied. We have already seen them take action, and seen results. With the virus running out of control we will see most states taking action in the next six weeks. States waiting for January 20 to implement policy aimed at protecting their citizens is madness, they will be acting long before then.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

States and local governments absolutely have the capability to respond, their hands are not tied. We have already seen them take action, and seen results. With the virus running out of control we will see most states taking action in the next six weeks. States waiting for January 20 to implement policy aimed at protecting their citizens is madness, they will be acting long before then.
                So the Texas and Florida governors will be requiring everyone in their states to wear masks and practice social distancing? And they will be closing their bars and beaches until the pandemic is under control? Without any prodding from the White House?
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "Roughly 20 million people could be vaccinated against the coronavirus in December, the head of the Trump administration's vaccine and drug accelerator said Friday.

Americans can expect that about 25 to 30 million people could be vaccinated each month afterward, said Moncef Slaoui, co-lead of Operation Warp Speed, during a Rose Garden event with President Donald Trump and other top health officials."

I'm starting to rotate my portfolio and for some clients into these covid value plays, such as the cruise liners, airlines, hotels & entertainment stocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                    I don't understand when I goto Walmart there are no N95 masks to buy on the shelves. after 11 months into this, there's really nothing. anything less than a N95 is completely inadequate.
                    Not true. Cloth masks w multiple layers are effective at significantly cutting down the number of viruses exhaled and inhaled. I have 1 N95 mask. I can barely breathe when it's on so I never use it. I use cloth masks or surgical masks which I disinfect after use.

Comment

You’re right, I’m waiting for Gov. Cuomo to require nursing homes to take elderly patients who are COVID positive again. Because science or something.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The problem is that some governors and mayors don't have the will to do it. And their people are suffering because of that. A few federal mandates could lessen the severity of this virus. And hopefully a vaccine ends this virus.
                        Some governors have already told Biden not to bother calling them to talk about mask wearing mandates.

Comment

• So people have to die because the Orange Turd Baby is throwing a temper tantrum:

"WASHINGTON — Top advisors on President-elect Joe Biden’s transition team spoke of their growing concerns Friday over the Trump administration’s continued refusal to allow Biden to receive briefings on national security and on the federal coronavirus response.

During a briefing with reporters six days after independent news organizations called the presidential race for Biden, senior transition aides Jen Psaki and Yohannes Abraham lamented the fact that General Services Administration chief Emily Murphy had yet to perform the customary duty of ascertaining that Biden had indeed won the race.

“We’re not interested in having a food fight with the GSA administrator, or anyone really, we just want to get access to intelligence information, to threat assessments, and to the ongoing work on Covid, so that we can prepare to govern, to bring the American people together and to get the pandemic under control,” said Psaki."
                          Aides to President-elect Joe Biden said "each passing day" without access to classified intelligence briefings increases the risk to national security.

Honestly, once Biden is in office, the Presidential Transition Act of 1963 has to be tinkered with. It had a good run, 57 years, but probably had no idea a ManBaby would ever be in the White House.

Comment

So the Texas and Florida governors will be requiring everyone in their states to wear masks and practice social distancing? And they will be closing their bars and beaches until the pandemic is under control? Without any prodding from the White House?
                            Your post has nothing to with what I just wrote, or any of the rest of the discussion. You claimed the governments hands are tied until Jan 20. This is clearly not true as evident by state and local actions to this point. We will see more in the coming weeks.
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Your post has nothing to with what I just wrote, or any of the rest of the discussion. You claimed the governments hands are tied until Jan 20. This is clearly not true as evident by state and local actions to this point. We will see more in the coming weeks.
                              Some states are doing a better job than others. But, what state and local actions were taken to combat the virus in Texas and Florida? And Trump isn't going to force them to do anything.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                                Some governors have already told Biden not to bother calling them to talk about mask wearing mandates.
                                That's sad. They are no doubt emboldened by the Loser-in-Chief. The next administration is going to have to play hard ball with those governors.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X