No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and before the hurricane hit Puerto Rico they had the biggest 3M manufacturing plant in the US for N95 mask. but instead of rebuilding the island we threw paper towels at them. there's the irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      I'd have to disagree. According to North Korean reports, they have precisely 0 cases of coronavirus and 0 deaths. How did the South do better than THAT metric?
      dude they are on the border with China and more tourism with them than any other country. obviously N. Korea shot anyone with the virus. i may be authoritarian but even i'm not that naive. and i am pretty naive.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Can we get that in a per capita format.
        As of March 2023, Arizona had the highest COVID death rate in the U.S., with 455 deaths per 100,000 population. Hawaii had the lowest death rate.

Comment

• a year from now you'll find out that N Korea was one of the hardest hit countries and that is why Kim Jong Un is in hiding.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            a year from now you'll find out that N Korea was one of the hardest hit countries and that is why Kim Jong Un is in "hiding."
            fixed
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• i blame Brad Pitt. he's from hollywood. heh. he can play any role. he's a very good actor. tremendous. he knows about viruses, he was in a movie where he played a CDC guy.

Comment

• when an authoritarian is in hiding he's not supposed to officially quote unless he is in double secret 'hiding'.

Comment

• Thank you sir--the other link was difficult to traverse.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Thank you sir--the other link was difficult to traverse.
                    Yeah, you are right. Not sure why I used that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Ok, so this is what we have so far among Scandinavian countries:

Cases/Million
                      Sweden: 2,368
                      Norway: 1,471
                      Finland: 1,006

Deaths/Million
                      Sweden: 291
                      Norway: 40
                      Finland: 45
                      Daily and weekly updated statistics tracking the number of COVID-19 cases, recovered, and deaths. Historical data with cumulative charts, graphs, and updates.

Years later, maybe Sweden's model will have emerged best. But based on evidence that we already know, it's quite easy to pick out who's done it right and who hasn't.
                      Um, no? I mean, Sweden went in eyes open that they'd have a greater first wave rate. But it's not going to be years before wave two hits; probably only five to seven months.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        I'd have to disagree. According to North Korean reports, they have precisely 0 cases of coronavirus and 0 deaths. How did the South do better than THAT metric?
                        Lead poisoning cured the Coronavirus cases in North Korea.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Sweden went in eyes open that they'd have a greater first wave rate.
                          Might be a difference in semantics, but they said recently that the high death count surprised them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Um, no? I mean, Sweden went in eyes open that they'd have a greater first wave rate. But it's not going to be years before wave two hits; probably only five to seven months.
                            Well, I guess we'll soon see if their theory works out for the 700% more they sacrificed as their neighbors did in Wave One.

Comment

• you can't actually debate with someone or a country going all in with eye's wide open. and Sweden was the only industrialized country that did it. i think it will work out for them. but just because it worked for them won't mean it works for us.

it's time to go down a dark road. just because other countries were more prepared to handle the carnage doesn't mean it's not the path we must go down too. they are showing us where and how we made mistakes in preparation, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't follow.

but this is advice from a hoarder and hermit and seclusive guy. i've been doing this my entire life, so your mileage may vary. but now you are in MY WORLD. and in the world of the blind, the one eyed guy is king. so i got that going for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                you can't actually debate with someone or a country going all in with eye's wide open.
                                demonstrably false as shown by this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X