Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    FWIW, I got my stimulus direct deposit today. Anyone else?
    yup, me too, there's a separate thread about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      I refuse to go down that rabbit hole with my conspiracy friends...a lot of anti-vaxxers. I want to scream, "God gave you a brain. Use it!!!"
      I'm so tired of the dang conspiracy trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        It was before that, although I'm sure that has ramped it up. Some conspiracy garbage about him being responsible for the virus itself it looks like. I guess it's just trash not even worth discussing in that case.
        It's that Indian jackass from MIT who's behind the firefauci movement. They claim that Gates is profiteering off of vaccines, just really idiotic stuff. I've got a dude in my FB feed who spouts this nonsense incessantly.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          yup, me too, there's a separate thread about that.
          Sorry—missed the other thread I will take a lap

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            It's that Indian jackass from MIT who's behind the firefauci movement. They claim that Gates is profiteering off of vaccines, just really idiotic stuff. I've got a dude in my FB feed who spouts this nonsense incessantly.
            Shiva Ayyadurai, I believe, is who you're referring to. Living, breathing proof that a high IQ and multiple high-level degrees do not assure an individual is not a fool.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It's been going around for a while, even before coronavirus. There's the conspiracy that Gates is all about population control and whatnot, so people have morphed that conspiracy into the conspiracy that Gates is even behind coronavirus.

There's even a Snopes page fact checking the conspiracy, and obviously calling it false.

The computer magnate believes that vaccines can be used to reduce childhood mortality and ultimately reduce population growth through associated social changes, not as an agent of death.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Shiva Ayyadurai, I believe, is who you're referring to. Living, breathing proof that a high IQ and multiple high-level degrees do not assure an individual is not a fool.
                Yep, that's the one. I actually started watching one of his videos...within a few minutes he went from Fauci to Wells Fargo and I was like, ok that's enough.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Yep, that's the one. I actually started watching one of his videos...within a few minutes he went from Fauci to Wells Fargo and I was like, ok that's enough.
                  You probably felt your IQ being sucked away like a Dementor's kiss.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• There will be NO concerts in california until a Covid-19 vaccine is developed and deployed.

I have to imagine Newsome will extend that edict to all mass gatherings pretty soon.

See you in 2021......
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'd pretty much say that's an indictment several other countries and leaderships can share.

China absolutely could have helped in this a lot by being upfront sooner, but even if they had, would that have made Our response any different? Italy's? the UKs? I highly doubt it, it would have given us a LITTLE head start, but even after Trump placed his so called ban on travel from China more than 400K still travelled from china into the US before everything shut down.

Yes China deserves derision and blame, but so do we.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        I'd pretty much say that's an indictment several other countries and leaderships can share.

China absolutely could have helped in this a lot by being upfront sooner, but even if they had, would that have made Our response any different? Italy's? the UKs? I highly doubt it, it would have given us a LITTLE head start, but even after Trump placed his so called ban on travel from China more than 400K still travelled from china into the US before everything shut down.

Yes China deserves derision and blame, but so do we.
                        It’s an evil regime and we would be a lot better off treating them more like Iran and less like Japan. Instead we go merrily along borrowing billions of dollars from them all the while buying their products, happy to save $20 on a new dishwasher. This is a great opportunity to take a real hard look at our relationship with them. I hold little hope we will.

Comment

Not only that, but they continue to try to cover up what's going on. Just reported today, the gov't issued a directive to several top universities that any investigation of the origin of the virus should be "strictly managed" (i.e. covered up). When western journalists asked them about this, instead of denying it they said that the article wasn't supposed to have been public.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            China absolutely could have helped in this a lot by being upfront sooner, but even if they had, would that have made Our response any different? Italy's? the UKs?
                            If they had disclosed to their own people what they knew about the virus and if they, along w the WHO, had taken the necessary steps to prevent the spread, it would have been unnecessary for the US or any other country to do anything significant because the rest of the world wouldn't have become infected.

Comment

• Based on comparing new cases over the last three days to new cases over the three-day period a week ago, there are 25 states* where the new case rate seems to have peaked and is on its way down:
                              Alaska
                              Arizona
                              California
                              District of Columbia
                              Florida
                              Georgia
                              Hawaii
                              Idaho
                              Indiana
                              Kansas
                              Louisiana
                              Michigan
                              Missouri
                              Montana
                              Nevada
                              New York
                              Pennsylvania
                              South Carolina
                              Texas
                              Utah
                              Vermont
                              Washington
                              West Virginia
                              Wisconsin
                              Wyoming

10 states where it seems to have plateaued:
                              Arkansas
                              Connecticut
                              New Jersey
                              New Mexico
                              North Carolina
                              North Dakota
                              Ohio
                              Oklahoma
                              Oregon
                              Tennessee

and 17 states where the new case rate is still rising:
                              Alabama
                              Colorado
                              Delaware
                              Illinois
                              Iowa
                              Kentucky
                              Maine
                              Maryland
                              Massachusetts
                              Minnesota
                              Mississippi
                              Nebraska
                              New Hampshire
                              Puerto Rico
                              Rhode Island
                              South Dakota
                              Virginia

*50 states plus Puerto Rico and District of Columbia
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                              X