Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    And in pulling the WHO's funding, Trump talked about how they need to be held accountable. I agree. Now where is the accountability for Trump?
    First Tuesday in November. Along with all of the House and 1/3rd of the Senate.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Trump is saying that. Fox News is saying that. Conservative radio is saying that. Conservative websites are saying that. Team Trump and Team GOP are all saying that, and it just shows how biased our media is. Accurate reporting on the WHO and China are important (and as the worst hit area, clearly NYC and DeBlasio/Cuomo screwed up too); it just annoys the hell out of me that so much of it right now seems to be specifically aimed at persuading the public that they are at fault INSTEAD of Trump and our government rather than in addition to.
      Of course Trump is saying that—he never takes responsibility for anything. But in this room, I don’t think anyone is saying that and yet you keep posting the same thing over and over again. Any discussion about others at fault is always met with some variation of ‘Trump had us unprepared’. Literally, no one is disagreeing with that ( I don’t think even 1J has made a pro Trump handling of this crisis).

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        Of course Trump is saying that—he never takes responsibility for anything. But in this room, I don’t think anyone is saying that and yet you keep posting the same thing over and over again. Any discussion about others at fault is always met with some variation of ‘Trump had us unprepared’. Literally, no one is disagreeing with that ( I don’t think even 1J has made a pro Trump handling of this crisis).
        But no one is saying the others are blameless either.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          But no one is saying the others are blameless either.
          Very few posts (until rhd and I stirred the pot last night) have talked about any blame other than Trump’s blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            First Tuesday in November. Along with all of the House and 1/3rd of the Senate.
            Heads should roll!

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
              Very few posts (until rhd and I stirred the pot last night) have talked about any blame other than Trump’s blame.
              Fair enough. My frustration has come from seeing how this relatively new narrative is being pushed as part of gas lighting all of us into thinking the good ol USA and its government is blameless in how hard we have been hit by this. It is disturbing how much the WHO seemed to take at face value China's claims. It is not at all surprising to me that China was not fully forthcoming, though, and that should surprise no one, really. But yeah, the WHO should have known that too, even if getting the accurate intel on this may have been difficult with China obstruction. I have not seen compelling evidence of them being in China's pocket, as rhd has suggested. Maybe they were, but I suspect it was more naiveness and incompetence. I just don't see the WHO purposefully downplaying a pandemic. But either way, they did not do a good enough job, that is clear.

The whole world, save for some countries recently hit by other diseases like SARs and MERs was underprepared for this. I hope this is a wake up call, as this could happen again, and it could be much worse. There are over 4 million viruses in other animals that can make the jump next and many of them could have a mortality rate much higher than COVID-19. Our species would be suicidal not to be better prepared for it than we have to this point.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Franklin Graham and his brand of ultra-conservative Christianity, but I think people backlash against Samaritan's Purse and their field hospital in Central Park seems pretty misguided to me. I understand not agreeing with their statement of faith, but the time and place seems wrong.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...grows-n1184216
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                  I'm not a fan of Franklin Graham and his brand of ultra-conservative Christianity, but I think people backlash against Samaritan's Purse and their field hospital in Central Park seems pretty misguided to me. I understand not agreeing with their statement of faith, but the time and place seems wrong.

Agreed, ridiculous.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm not a fan of Franklin Graham and his brand of ultra-conservative Christianity, but I think people backlash against Samaritan's Purse and their field hospital in Central Park seems pretty misguided to me. I understand not agreeing with their statement of faith, but the time and place seems wrong.

Yeah I agree with you.

Comment

Yeah, this is no different from the missionary work lots of Christian organizations do. It sucks when it has strings attach related to teaching the faith, but if the alternative is people not helping at all, then you take what you can get. I see this as just another example of our culture being incapable of understanding that good and bad can exist together in the same person and the same act. Bad people can help you. Good people can hurt you. For the greater good, you take the help from those you don't agree with on other things. It doesn't mean you suddenly think they are good, or their other actions are good. But this action is, and it should be accepted.

Comment

• Is anyone caught up on the Bill Gates stuff? I've seen a few articles but none of them made sense. Why is he being attacked?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Is anyone caught up on the Bill Gates stuff? I've seen a few articles but none of them made sense. Why is he being attacked?
                          If he is being attacked, I assume it is coming from the right for his criticism of Trump's cutting the WHO funding. No?

Comment

If he is being attacked, I assume it is coming from the right for his criticism of Trump's cutting the WHO funding. No?
                            It was before that, although I'm sure that has ramped it up. Some conspiracy garbage about him being responsible for the virus itself it looks like. I guess it's just trash not even worth discussing in that case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              It was before that, although I'm sure that has ramped it up. Some conspiracy garbage about him being responsible for the virus itself it looks like. I guess it's just trash not even worth discussing in that case.
                              I refuse to go down that rabbit hole with my conspiracy friends...a lot of anti-vaxxers. I want to scream, "God gave you a brain. Use it!!!"
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• FWIW, I got my stimulus direct deposit today. Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X