2K20: Josh James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20: Josh James

Worth a flier or has that ship sailed? He isn’t a spring chicken any longer and his walk rate is bad.

Does this bump Urquidy from the starting 5? Peacock?

Whoever gets in the rotation is worth a flyer, I think. James has a little upside.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Does this bump Urquidy from the starting 5? Peacock?

Whoever gets in the rotation is worth a flyer, I think. James has a little upside.
      I'm guessing Peacock due to the nerve issues in his neck coming back.

Comment

I was counting Peacock out as well.

What is Forrest Whitley doing? He would be a like candidate, but crickets.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

The Astros want options for obvious reasons. James can be stretched out and then go back to the pen if necessary. Just a solid move by the Astros to have another option possible.

Comment

With Peacock's neck issues, it does make sense. And it makes him worth a flier for sure. His stuff is amazing if he harnesses it. I realize that's a big "if", but you could do a lot worse in the endgame than taking a swing at James.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think more and more teams are getting comfortable with their "5th starter" being a guy who might only go 4-5 innings. I think James is that guy for the Astros, especially if Peacock is out of the picture and they're getting length from JV/Grienke/Urquidy. But is Dusty going to buy into that?

Can he put up 130 innings and 150+ Ks? ERA could be solid, WHIP less so, and wins might be hard to come by if he doesn't regularly go 5.

Comment

He's one injury away from a bigger role and there is serious age at the top of the rotation. That said, they also have Forrest Whitley as a potential hole plugger.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Love him as a late round flyer.

Comment

i'll take a flyer based on the HOU staff worked with him in the off season theory. i mean, Cole was a stud. he showed the ability before but i can believe they brought out the potential. Verlander is a stud, i don't know if he had some injured years in DET. i remember when there was a brief time to decide between drafting Bonderman or Verlander. then he went to HOU and got even better with age. i also think Kate Upton helped. whatever they are doing with pitchers in HOU i am a believer. if they say they worked with some guy to improve him, sign me up.

Comment

Working...
                    X