Cheating In Baseball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    You missed the last sentence of the initial post...
    Fixed, thx

Comment

Understood and please know my intention wasn't to öut' anyone, merely bring an issue I see as a growing concern to light as we'll be dealing with it in our face all season long.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We don't live in a perfect world....... Says someone who knows they're wrong.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You go Justin Turner.

Jorge Castillo
          @jorgecastillo
          Turner on Manfred referring to World Series trophy as a piece of metal: "For him to devalue it the way he did yesterday just tells me how out of touch he is with the players in this game. At this point the only thing devaluing that trophy is that it says 'commissioner' on it."

Comment

Manfred just proved himself to be unfit to lead Major League Baseball.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Pretty much.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Pretty much.
                Throw him out of your SUV and then drag him along the road.

Comment

If I could, you know I would

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    If I could, you know I would
                    We both might be banned for more than six months....from society.

Comment

haven't seen that reference in a while
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

We both might be banned for more than six months....from society.
                        Nah I think it's somewhat acceptable nowadays to resolve issues through violent protest---especially if it involves SUVs

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          You go Justin Turner.
                          Originally posted by Jorge Castillo
                          @jorgecastillo
                          Turner on Manfred referring to World Series trophy as a piece of metal: "For him to devalue it the way he did yesterday just tells me how out of touch he is with the players in this game. At this point the only thing devaluing that trophy is that it says 'commissioner' on it."
                          The previous commissioner was a team owner, and his overall goal appeared to be that of any owner...to maximize the financial value of the "organization". Manfred as commissioner appears to be a continuation of that mindset, and he does not come across as having any emotional connection to the game itself. To people who are most concerned with financial value, a trophy WOULD just be a piece of metal. And that's hard to hear and deal with, for those of us who are fans.
                          Last edited by ThatRogue; 02-18-2020, 12:24 AM.
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            The previous commissioner was a team owner, and his overall goal appeared to be that of any owner...to maximize the financial value of the "organization". Manfred as commissioner appears to be a continuation of that mindset, and he does not come across as having any emotional connection to the game itself. To people who are most concerned with financial value, a trophy WOULD just be a piece of metal. And that's hard to hear and deal with, for those of us who are fans.
                            Completely this. After Vincent got axed, the neutral commissioner position disappeared. The commissioner is now just the head of the owners' committee. This hasn't changed in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                              And that is not going to change since the owners are the only ones who have any say in who becomes commissioner. Manfred would have to anger the owners to get removed.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Let the retribution begin:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X