Early Keeper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buffalopanther View Post
    Great discussion, guys...thanks for everyone's input. My initial thought through the offseason was to keep either Vlad, Eloy or Stras. Not too much has changed at this point, but I wanted to mention that daily lineups consist of each infield position, 3 OF and a UTIL. On the pitching side, the starting lineup consists of 3 SP and 2 RP. Does that make any difference?
    Wow, that's extremely shallow. Not complaining about your league, but putting this into context, there will be a boatload of talent on the waiver wire for you to utilize. Replacement level is extremely high. Some players we generally talk about in glowing terms on this site may not even start in your league.

I'd say the daily moves component pushes the value of a starter up. They no longer take up a starting roster spot when they aren't pitching.

Comment

Good points all around, Ken. I'm relatively new to this league, so I'm still learning the intricacies. Thanks.

Comment

Been thinking about Ken's comments on pitching but am running into a stumbling block in my head. In looking at many projections for my three starters, they appear to be very similar (below). So does that mean Morton is the most valuable as a 17th Rounder, or is there took much risk involved with him (versus the other two)? Thanks.

Pitcher QS - L - K - ERA - WHIP
        Stras: 18 - 8 - 214 - 3.59 - 1.17
        Castillo: 17 - 9 - 202 - 3.85 - 1.25
        Morton: 17 - 8 - 205 - 3.49 - 1.19

Comment

Originally posted by buffalopanther View Post
          Been thinking about Ken's comments on pitching but am running into a stumbling block in my head. In looking at many projections for my three starters, they appear to be very similar (below). So does that mean Morton is the most valuable as a 17th Rounder, or is there took much risk involved with him (versus the other two)? Thanks.

Pitcher QS - L - K - ERA - WHIP
          Stras: 18 - 8 - 214 - 3.59 - 1.17
          Castillo: 17 - 9 - 202 - 3.85 - 1.25
          Morton: 17 - 8 - 205 - 3.49 - 1.19
          Personally I think that projection is a bit optimistic for Charlie and a bit pessimistic for the other two. Given those projections though, yes, take Morton.

Comment

Working...
          X