No announcement yet.

Mike Clevinger: Knee Surgery (2/14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have had both kinds of repair. Once you get late 20s, the meniscus won't heal so suturing isn't an option. I tore my lateral meniscus first in HS and they basically sewed it back together. This is the kind of repair that takes 3-6 months and lots of rehab. Once you get older, they just cut away the torn piece and you're walking the next day more or less. 3-4 weeks light running and then improves from there. Sounds like this is what he's doing which speeds up recovery greatly.

Comment

So, he's able to return to action a little after opening day, and then has to more or less do spring training, so maybe around the start of May?

Comment

It’s his plant leg so they may be cautious just to avoid compensation injury. Mid May likely safe, late April likely best case

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
          It’s his plant leg so they may be cautious just to avoid compensation injury. Mid May likely safe, late April likely best case
          Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            of course these times are for mere mortals with regular physio ... still, it's horrible news for owners ... and for cleveland fans ... and for clevinger ...
            It could be worse for Clevinger. He could be a Mets pitcher, and they'd be scheduling him for shoulder surgery.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              It could be worse for Clevinger. He could be a Mets pitcher, and they'd be scheduling him for shoulder surgery.
              Nicely played.

Comment

I Guess we'll know by how long he's on crutchesl. My guess is no matter how long the recovery is, his control will be Very Iffy until after June 29th. Indians first meeting vs Astros.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                  I Guess we'll know by how long he's on crutchesl. My guess is no matter how long the recovery is, his control will be Very Iffy until after June 29th. Indians first meeting vs Astros.

Well played my friend, well played...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X